What's new

<<< SOTD “Obscure Shaving Gear/Den Diving/Archaeology Week” February 20, 2023 to February 26, 2023 >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: WCS closed comb
Blade: Weishi (4)
Brush: Yaqi Aqua
Soap: Stirling Varen
Aftershave: Stirling Varen
Balm: St. James of London Black Pepper & Lime

This razor is similar to a couple of others so I don’t use it often. It gets pushed aside. It shaves well though.

D1600499-4CF1-4A15-9F88-38446BB3990B.jpeg

20230224_090508.jpg

Razor: Gillette Pre-War Fat Handled Tech, Silver
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Sawdust Creations Studio Johnny Be Good, FSG7 knot
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Lone Star
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

25 February, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Manchurian
Soap: West of Olympia | Envy | Lust | Pride mashup.
Fragrance: Manhattan Eau de Parfum by Roja Dove

Now, that's what I'm talking about! A sublime shave with the West of Olympia soaps.. I'd forgotten how good they were/are... and The Platinum has found a new home.. my word, that was a smooth shave with the Merkur.. I love it when a plan comes together.

SOTD February 25h
GRUME February
Fruity February
Semogue Saturdays

Hello friends!

Today I had probably the last shave of the month. A wonder, that only R41 can give me. Don Byas was with me on this journey, playing Laura (name of one of my daughters). A masterpiece!

I really appreciate the opportunity to be with you in February, it was a real pleasure. Wait for the next one…

Have a nice weekend and great shave!
❤️ 🪒

5C8DB08A-B83A-451F-B32E-9968092326D0.jpeg
F95BCDA2-7425-4999-A93D-C791BE9B30FF.jpeg

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Gillette NI Bostonian
Blade: Gillette Platinum (D7)
Brush: Sawdust CreatioStudio OUMO LOD Manchurian 26mm
Scuttle: Georgetown G12 Hamada & Blue
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Mickey Lee Drunken Goat
Balm: Myrsol Emulsion
Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic

Sun 26
Cream Old Spice Musk
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershave Old Spice Original Splash
A lovely rich and slick lather from this pleasantly scented cream is good for the SR shave.
The razor is just perfect now. Maintained and refreshed only on diamond balsa (0.1um) and the Kanayama, the edge is soft buttery smoothness and keen. 3passes without issues for a bbs-ccs finish...
20230226_105833.jpg

IMG_20230225_164753_676.jpg

IMG_20230218_135343_745.jpg
IMG_20230218_135533_662.jpg
Gillette-Razor-SP-With-Blade.jpg
IMG_20230225_135354_919.jpg
IMG_20230225_135337_929.jpg
IMG_20230225_135414_747.jpg

Shaving From INDIA
- From last 2 shaves I have been feeling not so good with mild razors or it is this shaving cream. I don't know yet, will experiment this week and see.

- SP razor paired with SP blade, a good combination for a daily shave. My alternate day stubble growth is a lot more and it's bit harder stubble too. So this does not go well with mild razors. Now it was 3rd day of stubble this time and I knew it was not a good idea to use a mild razor but I since it's my first week with this razor, I wanted to give it a try, not a good experience. SP blade is pretty sharp and hence does not tug but still painful when the razor could not take the hair length. Took 4 passes for a DFS and still some 2 patches were left, one on chin and one along the jawline. This razor will not get used again.

- Combine the above with this shaving cream, which does not offer much slickness and dries pretty quick. I tried using a lot more shaving cream, 3 times more quantity on first pass and then something which I usually don't do, taking shaving cream on 2nd, 3rd and 4th pass too. I tried using way more hydration than usual, so much that cream was running down the brush's handle getting onto my fingers. Still, this shaving cream dries quick and not offer much slickness. Gonna throw it away in the name of "bad shaving experiment"

- Pink Woolf shaving brush. Just amazing. I have been using Ajay shaving brush for a year now and found it pretty softer and better in quality than Gillette shaving brush. After using Rubab Men Firefly for 2 days I was finding my old Ajay shaving brush like a rough cloth running against the face. So funny how using better stuff affects you so quick. Firefly is very soft and a very well made brush. It did not shed a single hair till today. Today I used Pink Woolf synthetic and it is even softer than Firefly. It's not that thick like Firefely and I wanted a less denser and less thicker shaving brush. Looks like gonna stick with Pink Woolf

- Lot of alum stings everywhere

- YARDLEY London Elegance aftershave is awesome. Mild and a nice fragrance lingers for hours. I shaved around 4 PM and could smell it while going to bed at night too.

Not So Good Shave...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom