What's new

<<< SOTD “Obscure Shaving Gear/Den Diving/Archaeology Week” February 20, 2023 to February 26, 2023 >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi B&Bers!

It is time yet again for another SOTD Theme Week!

Let’s Celebrate the uncommon, rare and hopefully downright weird shaving gear in your collection! Let’s see your Obscure and rarely used gear. Dig deep and show us items that we don’t see every day.

Being creative and having fun IS of course mandatory as usual. Sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory. Feel free to post any SOTD photo or just tell us about your shave.

The weirder or rarer the better!

Have fun!

B8811350-6F1E-48D1-B84A-609CC48F00F7.jpeg

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Gillette Toggle (S5)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (D1)
Brush: Heritage Collection Merit 99- Heritage Gel Badger 26mm
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 4 5½” Cypress Sinker Log
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: Nobel Otter Monoi de Tahiti (Iced)
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Nobel Otter Monoi de Tahiti

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
5C9E11C0-6477-49C9-93F9-71E2082AF12B.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) England: Razor Gillette Junior Aristocrat.
4) India: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Black.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSC_9305.png
Monday 02.20.23
RAZOR: Henson Shaving Titanium [Ti22] Medium v2
BLADE: Gillette‌ Nacet
BRUSH: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 26mm Maggard SHD Fan
LATHER: Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania Shaving Soap

SOTD 20-Feb
Screenshot_20230220_082413_Lightroom (1).jpg

Brush: Semogue Galahad
Soap: MWF
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: GSB (3)

Great no fuss shave this morning, effortless smooth finish.

Not quite SOTD commentary but after my initial introduction I've obviously mentioned that I've been having difficulty honing consistently. After perusing the straight razor honing section I found the written step by step guide (I do much better with written instructions than I do YouTube videos) and remarkably seems to have cleared up a few things. Going to find some time this week to put it to the test!

Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
20230220_100235~2.jpg

Obscure Gear: here are some of my rarer things.

Brush: 1940s Vintage Simpson Major
Soap: 1921 Yardley Stick In The Glass Case
Razor: 1930s Henckels Henso
Blade: 1970s Jewel
Aftershave: 1950s Dubarry Debonair Sparkling
1940s Razobrite razor cleaner

To be honest I did not use the Yardley soap as it is over 100 years old and a real rarity. I may use it one day but used regular Yardley today. The aftershave has also not been used, again I used Yardley today.

20 February, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium ( NOS )
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Two Band
Soap: 345 Soap Co: Den of Thieves (Deus Vult)
Fragrance: Atman Xaman Eau de Parfum by Lorenzo Villoresi

now, considering that the 34C/ Polsilver S.I combo is one that I rave about constantly, the Wizamet S.I.( NOS ) fell quite a bit short of the mark, TBH.. I have some of the Arabic ones to try in the near future, but for now, the Polsilvers still take some beating when teamed with the Merkur.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, February 20th 2023

Razor : Gem push button- Mfg 1958-65, mild to tame mid range, I like the looks of this razor and it just feels good in the hand also. It was designed around the time when push button transmissions in new cars was the latest craze so they jumped at into this theme I believe. Had a excellent carefree close shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(5) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : TOBS Sandalwood cream, nice masculine herbal sandal wood scent 6-7/10 + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Bali" 24mm silver tip (3Band) badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala bayrum & sandal wood + a dollop of Geo F Trumper skin food.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gem Push button with a coated gem blade.
SOTD Feburary 20 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Hoffritz Badgr
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Personna Medical Prep blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Everyman Jack ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo
Rating
10/10
Comments
Today’s shave revolves around my 81st birthday. I am continuing to use the MdC soap for the 30th shave. My late wife bought me this soap several years ago when we were in France and gave it to me as a birthday present. The Hoffritz brush is my oldest brush but is not as old as me! The Timeless SS SB/Med Prep combo is on its 6thth use. A nice, smooth, close shave. Have a great day folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom