What's new

<<< SOTD “Obscure Shaving Gear/Den Diving/Archaeology Week” February 20, 2023 to February 26, 2023 >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: Gillette Platinum (D6)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers THBS Black Wolf 25mm Green Milk Glass
Bowl: Black Ship Grooming 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: Spearhead Shaving Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime
Butter: Luxx Jasmine Lime
Aftershave: Spearhead Shaving Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
DDE3C296-6B39-4936-95B3-D6A59FCF9542.jpeg

1) China: Brush Yaqi Rainbow No 26 Synthetic Horsehair.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Derby Shaving Soap.
3) England: Razor 1948 Gillette Junior Aristocrat.
4) India: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Black.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm The Stray Whisker After Balm.
7) R.O.I. : EDT Bespoke London.

SOTD: 25th February 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Derby Shaving Soap Bowl.
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant. (Face) - Statum Platinum Chrome. (D1)
Razor: (Head/Dome) Schick G type Injector - Personna PTFE SS Injector. (D4)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel. /Adidas Extreme Power EdT.

Greetings,

Another one of my eclectic shave set ups to start the weekend off with a superb start. Last week of my sub-continent blade focus. Finishing it off with my new firm favourite blade pairing it up with with the Parker 55SL making another wonderfully smooth efficient razor/blade duo.

Derby & Arko have become my go to soap choices for my head shaves. The slickness, protection & post shave feel that both of these humble soaps provide is excellent.

A close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Adidas Extreme Power EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. 😎

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSC_9436 copy.png

RAZOR: Charcoal Goods Everyday Brass, Anchor Handle
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: Oumo Desert Ironwood & Sandalwood 26mm SILK/Manchuria
LATHER: Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ Reserve‌ ‌Spice‌ Shaving Soap
POST: Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ Reserve‌ ‌Spice‌ Aftershave Splash

SOTD 25-Feb
20230224_152217.jpg

Brush: AP Lemon Boar
Soap: MWF
Razor: Fatboy
Blade: GSB (1)

Decent enough shave this morning and partially on theme picking up the forgotten fatboy, bought onea while ago but the slim took pride of place so this was relegated to the bottom of the cupboard and remaind untouched. I'm not a massive fan of the shorter handle but it does the job.

Back onto the boar today and just as good (if not better) but with less effort, love it!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, February25th 2023.

Razor : Yaqi 316 stainless steel torsion slant with a Yaqi "teardrop" cannon polished 316 handle- Mfg Jan 2023>,mild to tame mid range, Very high efficentcy for any razor I have used( I used a lot of Razors), interesting design that is just different and compact and it will be used by other manufactures in the future I'm almost certain.(simpler design for CNC machining?)
Blade clamping is to another level in the slant razor category's IMO because of the lather port design that make bridges to support blade closer to blade edge & on top of that they incorporated torsion to blade (2' degrees gentle helical twist) to make it even more ridged close to blade edges. Had a great drama free shave this morning mostly and enjoy that for those drowsy mornings.
Blade : Gillette Astra SP(2) sharp & smooth with great longevity. My standard blade for testing new razors.
Soap : Tabac, flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities. It is classic soap for lots of folks.
Brush : Yaqi " Artic sky" 24 mm silver tip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Nice handle to grip + knot is High Density(HD) type I believe for a silver tip.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless)
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: had a excellent close shave this morning with my Yaqi 316 slant with a Gillette Astra SP blade.
SOTD Feburary 25 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Pre-shave: Zirh "Prepare" oil
Brush: Mühle
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street "Royal Forest"
Razor: 1935 Gillette "The New Deluxe"
Blade: Vintage NOS Hoffritz
Witch hazel: Thayers "Rose Petal"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Malizia Uomo "Vetyver"
Face cream: Neutrogena "Hydro Boost"

2023-02-25.jpg