What's new

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ πŸ‡²πŸ‡½ πŸ‡¨πŸ‡Ί πŸ‡§πŸ‡Έ πŸ‡―πŸ‡² πŸ‡¬πŸ‡± πŸ‡΅πŸ‡· SOTD - β€œNorth American” Theme Week - Monday December 12th, 2022 to Sunday December 18th, 2022 πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ πŸ‡²πŸ‡½ πŸ‡¨πŸ‡Ί πŸ‡§πŸ‡Έ πŸ‡―πŸ‡² πŸ‡¬πŸ‡± πŸ‡΅πŸ‡·

Status
Not open for further replies.
6F98643E-629D-4C0B-BFCB-DEB352B48AB3.jpeg
Β 
Friday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: ATT SE1 Windsor
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink
Brush: AoS Silvertip
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Thayer’s Lemon Witch Hazel/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizer
Β 
proxy.php

HSOTD/SOTD 12/17/22

Shower: Stirling Executive Man
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84
Blade: PermaSharp day 1
Soap: PAA CaD Caturday
Bowl: Timeless
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
PostShave: CWR, Alum, Thayers
Balm: Zingari Man unscented
AfterShave: Floid

It sure feels like Friday - rough week! I'm a day premature on the Caturday choice, but the overwhelming feeling for this bright, crisp 35F morning was BARBERSHOP! So Cad/Caturday and Floid felt like a natural combination. I'm still quite impressed and happy with the GC .84, it seemed too aggressive when I first got it, but now it seems very good, and very efficient - some might say "just right". Great razor for not a lot of dough.

2 weekends til Christmas! Dad is here visiting, and we're having a bunch of family over for the holiday stretch. Wifey is off work after today, and I'll be off for almost 2 weeks soon as well. Fly fishing trip to AR soon as well with dad. Its going to be great! Sending blessings to all my shave brothers, may the joy of Christmas warm all your hearts. If you can, share some of what you have with some who don't. Smile at someone who needs it. Have a joyous day and keep looking up! :LMS
Β 
Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Barrister & Mann Leviathan
Brush
Graydog Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Personna Med Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
Fourth excellent shave with the Timeless – Personna Combo. Very smooth and a perfect BBS shave. The brush today was a Graydog synthetic – one fantastic brush. It makes loading soap an easy task and feels great on the face. The B&M soap is on its 33rd use and is rapidly disappearing. One excellent soap. Have a great weekend, folks.
Β 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, December 16th

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur 50mm AC, Yaqi Milano polished handle- Mfg 2021> tame mid range, simple clamping design, small head parts(I assemble under a wash cloth), works perfect 98% of time for my beard type + a joy to use IMO.
Blade : Schick proline p30(5) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade. Pairs well with this head.
Soap : Ogallala Bayrum sage & cedarwood- nice Bayrum scent with some clove with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Atlantis" 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum with sandalwood :thumbup1:+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Schick proline p30 blade.
SOTD Dec 16 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!
Β 
16-12-2022

Agua y jabón :: SCNHG White Note :: Semogue, SCNHG LE 2022 :: Asylum Evolution Brass, astra :: Institut Karitè :: Floïd, Genuine

proxy.php

Today, I have used on beautiful razor that I don not see often in the shaves of the day, and it is produced in the USA. The Asylum Evolution is an homage to Darwin razor, although the material is brass. Very smooth and effective razor.

Salut!
Β 
31BEDA2F-887A-432A-B7CD-7C2CDC2342EB.jpeg

Fatboy Friday / Clubman Friday / North America Week / DecemBoar

Pre: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Gel Cleanser w/ Hyaluronic Acid

Razor: T.R. Cadman & Sons "Bengall"
Razor: Gillette Adjustable "Fatboy" 1958 D4
Blade: Gillette Minora Platinum (D4)

Soap: Van Yulay - Soap of The Gods - Shiver Me Timbers
Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

You know what time it is. It's Fatboy and Clubman Friday! So you know I had to break them both out.

Seeing as I have this Van Yulay, Soap of The Gods, Shiver Me Timbers mentholated, smokey Bay Rum soap. I just had to pair them up and try them out together.

This is my second time using a Van Yulay soap, and this time wasn't any different. This is a good thing though, as I expected consistency. I went at it with my Omega boar and my beautiful Bluff Cove Pottery bowl and whipped up some nice yogurt-like lather that was very slick.

I do want to say that I did pick up on the smokey note that's sitting there with the bay rum notes. It's not anything that's overbearing or "too strong". It's just noticeable and in my opinion a little different. Now talking about different, this bay rum is mentholated! This is a new one for me so I was looking forward to gaining firsthand experience with it.

I did a few passes with my straight, gaining more experience, furthering my skill. It just seems to be better and better with each shave. I have to say this endeavor is going well and one I'm still quite excited about.

I then tagged in the ever-popular Gillette Fatboy to finish off this rumble. I had it dialed in at 7, so the efficiency was there and it did a very good job of going against the grain, getting that very last bit before achieving a bbs.

The menthol kept popping its head up throughout the shave and was nice. It was most noticeable after rinsing between passes. I think it was a good addition that wasn't dominant in any way.

This shave came full circle when I threw on some of Pinaud's Clubman VIBR. Not much needs to be said about this stuff. It's a classic that deserves a place in every bay rum fan's den.

Alright, my friends. Thanks for stopping by. Take care now and shave on!
Β 
Status
Not open for further replies.