What's new

🇺🇸 🇨🇦 🇲🇽 🇨🇺 🇧🇸 🇯🇲 🇬🇱 🇵🇷 SOTD - “North American” Theme Week - Monday December 12th, 2022 to Sunday December 18th, 2022 🇺🇸 🇨🇦 🇲🇽 🇨🇺 🇧🇸 🇯🇲 🇬🇱 🇵🇷

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, B&Bers!

This week’s SOTD Theme is “North America”.

We want to see your soaps, razors, aftershaves, fragrances, scuttles, blades and any other shaving accessories made in North America. Show us and tell us all about what shaving products you are using from USA, Canada, Mexico and other N.A. countries/territories.

Do you have a Haitian soap? A shaving brush made in Greenland? A pre-Castro Cuban razor? If so, pretty weird, but show us! Pull out that St. John’s Bay Rum cologne from the US Virgin Islands for a change. Let’s see your Wolfman and Karve razors from Canada and B&M, Noble Otter, Southern Witchcrafts and Declaration Grooming soaps from the USA. The North American continent covers over 9.5M square miles, so most of you should own SOME gear from this part of the globe!

Nothing SE themed? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Let’s see lots of themed posts this week!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see your North American shaving gear!

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Hiram Commander
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (D1)
Brush: Savile Row 3330
Scuttle: Georgetown G12 Opal
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Prairie Creations DdC Alpine Snowdrift
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Colbeck

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
D1016F7B-5E1E-441C-80ED-F1076B9CF3F1.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Israel: Razor Blade Eddison Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: Zenith EURO/RX
Soap: Oleo: Smoke on the Water
Fragrance: Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton

It's been a while since I last used this soap.. and it didn't take long to figure out why. There is something in it that gives me a slight unpleasant burning sensation. Still, there's bound to be something that doesn't agree with you at some point, eh?

Monday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: ATT SE1 Windsor
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink
Brush: AoS Silvertip
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Thayer’s Lemon Witch Hazel/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizer

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Barrister & Mann Leviathan
Brush
Simpson Chubby II in Best
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR 2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Med Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Fourth and final shave with the Wolfman – Personna Med Prep blade combination. I could stretch it to another use tomorrow but decided to toss the blade and move on to another razor-blade combo. A nice easy shave. The B&M soap was on its 29th use and it is disappearing fast. Have a good one.

Lots of North American representation!
Monday December 12, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl (USA)
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash (USA)
Razor: Henson AL13 V1+++ (Canada)
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (1)

IMG_1833.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Dec 12th 2022

Razor : Gem Micromatic OC- MFG 1930-41, well built to last generations, mid to upper mid range, I get great shaves with this razor.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier:001_wub: great unique scent (Aramis?) with excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations S.A. to supply soap & fragrance to their line of products.
Brush : Yaqi "Moka Express" 26mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, soft pillow like tips, excellent spay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel beard cleanse + Yaqi Musketeer AS + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my MMOC with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD Dec 12 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

proxy.php

HSOTD/SOTD 12/12/2022

Shower: Siliski Frankincense & Myrrh
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0
Razors: Rex Ambassador & Pearl Flexi
Blades: PermaSharp
Soap: RazoRock xXx
Bowl: Timeless
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
PostShave: CWR, Alum, Thayers
Balm: Stirling Unscented
AfterShave: RazoRock xXx

It was a good weekend, I was baptized again for the 2nd time in my life on Saturday night - I was baptized as a young teen but my life has changed a lot since then and I felt like I wanted to do it again with more meaning this time. That was a great experience! Had a few good shaves over the weekend but because family was around I didn't do any SOTD posts. Anyhow, now we're back into the work week so here it goes.

Today I compared my Rex Ambassador and Pearl Flexi. They're both great razors. They both had PermaSharps, and I had my Rex Konsul standing by in case I needed to tap out but it wasn't necessary. Both the Rex and Pearl did a great job. As my skills increase I find that the razor becomes less of a variable than it was before. The Rex can definitely be more aggressive than the Pearl, and I think I like that - but the other thing I realize I like more about the Rex (aside from being made in USA and workmanship) is the lighter weight. As these razors get heavier I think there is a sweet spot around 110g - heavier than that and its too heavy. The Pearl I think is just a touch on the heavy side. This is really nitpicking though - since they both do a great job and are each satisfying to use. The Rex though just continues to satisfy a bit more.

As we wind down in the Holiday season, remember the reason for the season and keep looking up my brothers! Blessings to all and thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom