Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: None
Balm: Southern Witchcrafts Druantia
Have a great day!
IMG_8461.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday injector shave, Dec 19th 2021

Razor: Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021, tame mid range, great design, use a wash cloth underneath when assembling small head parts, this is as small as razor head should be and still give excellent results. Very nice to work my face & basically carefree shaving. I seem to get the shave I like 98% of the time with this razor + handle & blade combination.
Blade: Schick proline P30, excellent blade, sharp & smooth with 6 great shaves per blade it averages for myself for longevity!
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, nice unique scent with excellent lather qualities.(misted)
Brush: Yaqi 22 mm Sagrada Familia 2band badger, this is a nice brush to work the face IMO, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips with a nice display, nice scrub, great lathe painter + not a lather hog.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(Balm) + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur 50mm + a Schick P30.
SOTD, Dec 19, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sunday, Dezember 19, 2021.

Floïd pre shave oil. Oleo Soapworks Empire Artisan Shaving: Soap. Vereinigte Pinselfabriken (VP) Leonhardy & Co. KG, Rein Dach, silvertip badger. Luca Pizzi, san mai damascus steel with K720 on its edge, +8/8, mammoth ivory scales. Dior Sauvage: Lotion, balm apres-rasage & EdT.

098AF6DD-C250-4C26-8BD2-86D089ADCC0E.jpeg

My last “New Gear” post before our Christmas/Holiday theme week starts. The thread is now up, so please post your holiday themed SOTD pics in the new thread on Monday. 👍

Thanks to all for participating!

- Brush: Semogue SOC Boar (new)
- Razor: Supply Injector (new)
- Blade: Personna Injector (2) (new to me)
- Soap: Razorock Plague Doctor (new to me)
- Aftershave: Razorock Plague Doctor (new to me)
- Post Shave: Thayers Unscented, Hyaluronic Acid

0137EB0E-1E9C-46FF-8885-CEE253AFCB52.jpeg

IMG_4932.JPG

Another head and face shave day

Pre - Nivea Men Deep Cleaning Face Scrub with hot water to head and face
Brush - Vikings Blade Dark Stallion - synthetic
Bowl - Captain's Choice Seaworthy Starry Night
Soap - Melange from B&M
Razor - Rockwell 6S
Blade - Astra SS
Post - Cold water rinse, Thayer's Facial Toner Unscented, Nivea Men Soothing Post Shave Balm
Post - Shea butter to head

New Gear since Friday's SOTD post:
Rockwell 6S - posted a review here:

This was my first time using an Astra SS blade and Thayer's, but the real star this morning was the 6S.

I have a new brush coming from AP Shave that should hopefully arrive tomorrow. I think it will nicely complement the blue theme I have going on here.

SOTD - New Gear Theme Week - Sunday Afternoon December 19, 2021

Old Spice Shave - Assured Tech Clone - Nothing Beats a Tech

Razor:
Assured Tech Clone - aggressive Dollar Tree tech clone, grippy handle, nothing beats a tech
Blade: Unmarked Israeli Personna (1) - almost on par with branded Personna blades, via CVS
Pre-Shave: Sprouts Goat's Milk Bar Soap, Trader Joe's Aloe Vera Gel - baaaaa moist beard
Brush: WCS Two-Tone Tall Synthetic 26mm - soft tips, comfortable handle, lather monster
Soap: Old Spice Bar Soap - lathers easily, stable, moist, thick and rich lather, via Dollar Tree
Aftershave: Old Spice A/S - iconic classic scent smells great, it's a winner!
Growth: 49 hours
Passes: WTG, XTG, cleanup
Rating: 9.2/10

Results: When I started my DE wet shaving journey, three years ago, the $1 Assured TTO safety razor from Dollar Tree was my gateway drug into this hobby. Back To The Future. A couple of weeks ago, I discovered that Dollar Tree now offers a Tech Clone safety razor. Without hesitation I bought it. First shave with Old Spice Bar Soap via the Dollar Tree. This non tallow soap lathers easily producing stable, moist, thick and rich lather. It's a winner! Hat Tip to @Big Jim for his Old Spice Bar Soap discovery. Thank you.

Old Spice shave with aggressive Dollar Tree Tech Clone. It's more aggressive than my Lord Tech L5, Baili BD176 and my 1950s Gillette Techs. Of course, nothing beats a Gillette Tech. For future shaves, I may try a shim between the cutting blade and the top cap to make the razor less aggressive. I've shaved in the past with the Unmarked Israeli & German Personna blades from CVS. I bought a couple of tucks of these unmarked Personna blades when they were clearance out last year to make way for CVS's Goodline brand. I find unmarked Personna blades almost on par with the branded Personna Platinum Chrome blades. I shaved with a steep angle approach, short smooth strokes and achieved a DFS result. The Judges deducted points for one nick and tugging on the chin. Good Shave.

What's new? Assured Tech Clone, Old Spice Bar Soap, Old Spice A/S, Sprouts Goat's Milk Bar Soap

IMG_20211219_131029061.jpg
IMG_20211219_133650787.jpg

Mon 20 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Hypnotic Blue
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P on Yaqi Razzo Rocket Handle
Blade Polsilver Super Iridium 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Hypnotic Blue Splash.
Good soap this...scent is really nice, the lather is impeccably creamy and slick.
Abit of a rush shave with razor paired with the blade and resulted in a few red creepers. Had an enjoyable 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. The matching aftershave is really nice.
20211220_160122.jpg

Mon 20 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Hypnotic Blue
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P on Yaqi Razzo Rocket Handle
Blade Polsilver Super Iridium 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Hypnotic Blue Splash.
Good soap this...scent is really nice, the lather is impeccably creamy and slick.
Abit of a rush shave with razor paired with the blade and resulted in a few red creepers. Had an enjoyable 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. The matching aftershave is really nice.
View attachment 1381208
Are you on a ship?
I think you want to post in this thread today.
Thread '🎄🥂 “SOTD - Christmas/Holidays Theme Week” DECEMBER 20th - DECEMBER 26th, 2021 🏝✝️'
🎄🥂 “SOTD - Christmas/Holidays Theme Week” DECEMBER 20th - DECEMBER 26th, 2021 🏝✝️ - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/sotd-christmas-holidays-theme-week-december-20th-december-26th-2021.618285/

Enjoy your input here @Chard52142, I'm also having issues here also in Canada. I have to just have to touch my wireless icon and just touch the screen seems to reconnect. Every one is on the internet now a days and it's getting bogged down no doubt.
The closer to the source the better not doubt. Have a great Christmas and all the best in the New year.
Hey, thanks Ron! You're right too...my internet issue is because I am far out at sea and all onboard is sharing the line..😆
That’s my birth year razor
Good to hear my friend...it's a really nice vintage...so glad to have it!
@Chard52142 - try and keep your lather swirls coming, and have a wonderful holiday and a great time!
Thanks Richard! I will strive to keep the swirls incoming...😀 while working onboard...sorta holiday in a way...😆

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, Des 20th 2021

Razor: Gem Damaskeene open comb 1912- Mfg 1912-17, the real McCoy, Well built for generations, tame mid range, excellent shaving with a fairly fresh blade. One of my better razors in my harem of razors.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Brush: Yaqi Tailcoat 24mm synthetic, 1st use, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Silky smooth shave with my Gem Damaskeene OC 1912 with a coated SS Gem blade.
SOTD, Dec 20, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

It is time again for another SOTD Theme Week!

Let’s see your SOTD that contains the latest razors, soaps, brushes, blades and aftershaves/colognes you have purchased or been gifted. 👍

Let’s see all of the stuff you bought recently thru Black Friday sales, at flea markets or even on the dreaded Amazon.

Don’t have anything New? Post the last item you have bought/acquired.

Being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but appreciated. Feel free to post any SOTD photo or just tell us about your shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom