What's new

“SOTD - New Gear Theme Week” DECEMBER 13th - DECEMBER 19th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is time again for another SOTD Theme Week!

Let’s see your SOTD that contains the latest razors, soaps, brushes, blades and aftershaves/colognes you have purchased or been gifted. 👍

Let’s see all of the stuff you bought recently thru Black Friday sales, at flea markets or even on the dreaded Amazon.

Don’t have anything New? Post the last item you have bought/acquired.

Being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but appreciated. Feel free to post any SOTD photo or just tell us about your shave.

IMG_3383.JPG

Pre-shave: Razor MD Sandalwood & Musk oil
Brush: PAA Green Ray
Soap: Arran Sea Salt & Rockrose
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: Kai (4)
Aftershave: Arran Sea Salt & Rockrose balm

SOD Monday December 13, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Fendrihan
Pre shave: None
Lather: Proraso Blue (27)
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (4)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion:
Balm: Proraso Blue Dopobarba
Have a great day!

IMG_8397.jpg

Monday December 13

IMG-3780.jpg

Razor: Schick DE Razor
Blade: Schick Platinium* (1)
Brush: Shavemac Silvertip 22mm (New)
Soap: Cella
AS: Stirling Deep Blue Sea

* I found these in a kitchen drawer in my parents countryhouse a few weeks ago.
My dad stopped shaving around 1971, so I probably bought them when I started shaving in the early eighties.

Brush: Elite Honduran Rosewood Burl 26mm Manchurian White
Soap: Grooming Dept Mallard Coconut Rum
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: King Gillette
Aftershave: St John’s Bay Rum
Balm: Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Milk

What's new? Well, the GD soap, the aftershave and the balm are all from the last month. A solid, good shave. The scent of the Mallard Coconut Rum I love and it pairs with the St John's so nicely. The ABC aftershave balms are in a league of their own for making my skin feel great -- expensive but the best (at least in my experience). I'll give this a 9.7
2021-12-11 WR1 ABC Almond GD Mallard Elite copy.jpeg

20211213_121259-01.jpeg
SOTD #292/2021
13-12-2021

>> DecemBOAR, day 13 <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue 1800
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street ~ Tobacco leaf SC
Razor: Blackland Vector SS
Blade: Feather Professional (1)
Post shave: frigid tap water, S'Oliver ~ Follow Your Soul AS

Have a great start into the new week, Gents!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, Dec 13th 2021

Razor: Gem junior bar lather catcher- Mfg 1907-11, excellent tame mid range(mild?) with a new blade this baby performs nicely, it is just a nice razor to use if you like Gem razors period. Well built to last, great audio feedback, space age technology for it time era with the skin tension bar which was replaced with a top cap eventually. Gem seemed to have great ideas with their razors.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) Very sharp blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside, mild scent with excellent lather qualities. Nice soap.(Misted)
Brush: Yaqi 2band badger with barber pole handle(nice hand ergonomics), excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber, + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion (balm) + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Gem junior bar with a gem coated blade.
SOTD, Dec 13, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Monday 12/13 SOTD, a nice CCS shave with no mishaps; I had such a close shave yesterday I just took it easy this morning. Since I've been using my newest razors for Canada week, I decided to pull out the razor that I haven't used in the longest time- what's old is new again :smile::

Pre-shave: shower w/ Goat's milk Australian soap
Razor: Feather Popular- about as mild and easy a shave as it gets for me
Blade: KCG (2) sharp enough and smooth enough for today's shave
Soap: MdC Nature- always a nice lather, and you don't need much
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 in Best- solid performer
Post-shave: cool rinse, and then some CC Venture, very nice scent, good prformance

Have a great week!

PXL_20211213_152856642.jpg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Klar Weifen Rasiwerseife
Brush
Uomo da Vinci 293 Silvertip
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Fourth and final shave with the Timeless Wizamet combo. The Timeless is my second newest razor and the Wizamet was my latest blade purchase. The Klar soap keeps chugging along. 166 four pass face and two pass head shaves from this little puck. This soap is an incredible value. Have a good one, gents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom