Simpson Polo 12
Taylors Lavender
Shick Injector
Taylors No 74 a/s splash
Pyscho Kid Cologne

full

Last edited by a moderator:
guenron said:
Looks like a nice selection to me... Where abouts in North AL?

Madison, which is essentially Huntsville. I got interested in wetshaving while looking for groom's gifts a couple of months ago. I just finished the first week with my Merkur and Vulfix. Things started out a bit rough (or should I say raw?), but I'm getting the hang of it and am starting to really enjoy my little routine.

I have tried the above mentioned Avacado, Taylor's Rose, and QED Lime. I like them all and look forward to trying some things out of the box from Ashford that should be sitting on my doorstep this evening. 1805 cologne, 1805 shave cream in a tube, and a tub of the Trafalgar shave cream. My wife of one month thinks I'm nuts, but hey, it's her fault for complaining about the shave I was getting from my Norelco :001_tt2: I'm still trying to get her to understand that rose scented shaving products aren't effeminate. She looks at the bottle of Skin Food with raised eyebrows. I guess I should have bought the Lime and eased her into it.

murchmb said:
Madison, which is essentially Huntsville. I got interested in wetshaving while looking for groom's gifts a couple of months ago. I just finished the first week with my Merkur and Vulfix. Things started out a bit rough (or should I say raw?), but I'm getting the hang of it and am starting to really enjoy my little routine.

I have tried the above mentioned Avacado, Taylor's Rose, and QED Lime. I like them all and look forward to trying some things out of the box from Ashford that should be sitting on my doorstep this evening. 1805 cologne, 1805 shave cream in a tube, and a tub of the Trafalgar shave cream. My wife of one month thinks I'm nuts, but hey, it's her fault for complaining about the shave I was getting from my Norelco :001_tt2: I'm still trying to get her to understand that rose scented shaving products aren't effeminate. She looks at the bottle of Skin Food with raised eyebrows. I guess I should have bought the Lime and eased her into it.
Great! Well I hope the forum provides you with a touchstone for your shaving. From your kit, it looks like you are off to a great start shaving and we all hope to a great start on matrimony!

Showered with SoapDance Woodland Sprite Bath Soap
Thiers-Issard Sheffield Silver Steel, Red Stamina, 7/8
Shavemac SMF Special
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad Shaving Cream
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad Calming Aftershave Balm
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad Cologne
Natureade Aloe80

A little late posting but....

Friday:

Taylor's P1020 brush.
Bic metal razor.
Arran Aromatics Vetiver cream
QED DaVinci water
Trumper Limes skin food
Guerlain Vetiver EDT

Notes:

The Arran Aromatics cream is very nice and produces a very nice thick lather.

The Bic metal is a wonderful razor for the upper lip/under nose area. I will be stocking up on these as this has always been a problem area for me.

I've found that the combo of cold water rinse following the shave and a few spritzes of the hydrosol really helps heal any nicks or "red spots".

The skin food just helps protect.

Guerlain Vetiver; getting to like this scent more and more with each use.

Hope nobody minds my lengthy post. Just thought I'd make a few comments on the products.

Have a nice weekend.

Had to run off to the 1st Central Oklahoma Shave-In and Breakfast Meeting so I am a bit late posting the SOTD.

Merkur Progress with Merkur PtInox
Ed. Jagger for Crabtree and Evelyn Best Badger
QEDman Pine and Cedarwood Shave Stick (Love that Fragrance)
QEDman DaVinci Water
Floris of London Elite Aftershave Balm
Floris of London Elite edT
Floris of London Elite Stick Deodorant

full

Talks on SCAD Attack Survival and Making SWMBO Think You Are Not Obsessed were presented for the crowds delight! See you at the next one?

Hello Ron,

You crack me up :001_tt2: !

1st Central Oklahoma Shave-In & Breakfast Meeting in the mecca of wetshaving, Norman OK!

Cheers,

Richard
Down South

Coche_y_bondhu said:
Hello Ron,

You crack me up :001_tt2: !

1st Central Oklahoma Shave-In & Breakfast Meeting in the mecca of wetshaving, Norman OK!

Cheers,

Richard
Down South
Hey, we had a fine turnout! 100% of the Society members showed up.

Shower with SoapDance Woodland Sprite Bath Soap
Thiers-Issard Red Stamina, 7/8
Shavemac SMF Special
QEDman Grapefruit & Peppermint Soap
Steamed Face with Hot Towel and Lather Three Times
Three Passes
Cleanup Pass Using Shavestick Right On Face
QEMman DaVinci Water
Baxter After Shave Balm
Murray & Lanman's Florida Water

Pre-society meeting shave:

Merkur classic long-handle - merkur blade
Shavemac brush
Taylor's shaving shop cream
Aloe-80 gel
Geo. F. Trumper's GFT cologne (sample)

Jerry

Great shave this morning!!

No picture today - just got back from a trip and feeling a bit spent.

After a long, grimy day, finally got around to showering and shaving.

Shower with Baxter's body wash, shampoo, and conditioner
Neutrogena Razor Defense Facial Scrub
Savile Row SR212 brush
L'Occitane Shave Soap in Cool Metal Bowl
QED DaVinci H20
Baxter's after shave balm
Yardley's Lavender EdT

My face feels like glass, without a trace of irritation - really an amazing shave!

I am definitely developing some opinions/conclusions on glycerin- versus tallow-based soaps. After some more experimentation, I will post my thoughts.

Today is me day :biggrin:

JMF Custom Brush
JMF "AAA" Exibition grade (pre-ban) Elephant Ivory handled Kokopili painted TI 7/8th's razor.
JF Shave Stick
JF Cologne...

full

Today is me day

JMF Custom Brush
JMF "AAA" Exibition grade (pre-ban) Elephant Ivory handled Kokopili painted TI 7/8th's razor.
JF Shave Stick
JF Cologne...

Egotistical psycho kid... :001_tt2:

Randy

Merkur Futur w/ Merkur Platinum Blade
Savile Row SR-241 Shave Brush
Truefitt and Hill Trafalgar Shave Cream
QEDman DaVinci Water
Proraso Pre/post Balm

Merkur classic long-handle w/Merkur blade
Vulfix 2235
Geo. F. Trumper sandalwood cream
Geo. F. Trumper coral skin food
Geo. F. Trumper sandalwod cologne

Jerry

To escape criticism -- do nothing, be nothing
Elbert Hubbard

Merkur Futur with Feather PtInox
Kent BK-12 Siver Tip
D R Harris Arlington Soap in a Blond Bowl
QEDman DaVinci Water
D R Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk(Hi ho Gordon!)
D R Harris Arlington Cologne

full

Today I went to the Dark Side :a51: - Method Shave Day :biggrin:

Simpson Polo 12
CAR "The Cube"
Taylors Avocado
Merkur Progress w/Feather PT
CAR Cutting Balm
QED Davinci Water
CAR A/S Moisture Cream
Creed Green Irish Tweed (This cologne doesn't really do much for me)

Hands down, best shave of my life. That Taylors Avocado mixed with the cube is one FEARSOME force. When it was all said and done, after the cutting balm (which adds a TON of moisture to your face) and the DaVinci H20 & A/S Moisture Cream, my face was butter soft.

Here is the Polo 12 after SIX lather filled passes. The polo keeps its fury of lather hidden in the "bucket" of the brush - so although it appears to have plenty of lather left - it actually has enough to shave a goat with three passes :wink:
full

Back to pictures tomorrow....

Shaved last night, so probably didn't need to shave this morning, but....

SMF brush
Merkur Progess with Merkur blade
Crabtree and Evelyn's Almond Shave Soap
Em's Cucumber AS Splash
Pecksniff's Citrus EdT

Look for the Pecksniff's on the trading forum soon. Very nice, but similar to other scents I have.

Top Bottom