What's new

SOTD Monday Nov 7 - Sunday Nov 13

Today it'll be some QED Fresh Lime applied with the Savile Row SRT12, and removed with the Merkur Vision. The coup de grace will be a healthy drenching in da Vinci Water, and a tiny dab of Proraso cream, which has to be the best darned value when it comes to after-shaves. I wish I could get half as much mileage out of my other after-shaves.

full

-Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
full

Trumper's Sandalwood Soap
Dominica Bay Rum Aftershave
Trumper's Extract of Limes Skin Food
Kent BK-4 Brush
Gens 13/16 Spike w/snakewood handles

Gillette 1953 super speed w/Merkur blade
Edwin Jagger for C&E brush
Trumper's sandalwood shaving cream
QED pine & cedarwood shaving stick for blade buffing
Trumper's coral skin food
Trumper's sandalwood cologne

Jerry
full

Shower: C&E Aromatic Sandalwood bodywash, Baxters shampoo, conditioner, and face wash

Shave:

C&E Aromatic Sandalwod cream
SMF brush
Taylor's "The 1000" 5/8
D.R. Harris Aftershaving Milk

C&E Aromatic Sandalwood Cologne

Crabtree and Evelyn Almond
Vulfix Old Original #41
Merkur Futur with Merkur PtInox
QEDman DaVinci Water
Eddie Bauer Pure Aftershave Balm
Eddie Bauer Pure Cologne

full

Merkur Futur w/ Feather Platinum Blade
Vulfix Pure Badger Brush (#???)
QED essentials Pepermint Shave Stick
QEDman Davinci Water
Coral Skin Food

Ron,

Eddie Bauer has toiletries? Fascinating. I don't think LL Bean has any in their catalog yet!

It's amazing to see week to week all the "different" stuff you have in your shaving castle.

We keep pleading with you to take a photo of your entire stash. I know you mentioned once it would be a lot of work, but I think you need to do an inventory, decide what you want to sell, pay forward, or start your own swap box. The rest you keep. Sounds like a plan.

What say thou, Ron?

Cheers,

Richard
I can see Ron's bell tower from Plano :)

Coche_y_bondhu said:
Ron,

Eddie Bauer has toiletries? Fascinating. I don't think LL Bean has any in their catalog yet!

It's amazing to see week to week all the "different" stuff you have in your shaving castle.

We keep pleading with you to take a photo of your entire stash. I know you mentioned once it would be a lot of work, but I think you need to do an inventory, decide what you want to sell, pay forward, or start your own swap box. The rest you keep. Sounds like a plan.

What say thou, Ron?

Cheers,

Richard
I can see Ron's bell tower from Plano :)

Greetings Richard,
Yes, Eddie Bauer has two or three men's fragrances. For those that like a lighter baume de lotion après-rasage, the Pure formulation is really very good. At our two-day Veteran's Day Shavathon meeting of the Central Oklahoma Wet Shaving Society and Breakfast Club we had sampling of the Pure range by the membership. It met with their unanimous approval. Good stuff.
Just as a matter of note, we had lather building demonstrations by the Ol' Lather Meister. We managed to debunk the "You can't simply build a great lather with a big brush" mythos using a variety of brushes and English hard milleds. Great meeting. With all of you down there in Baja Oklahoma, maybe we need to hold a Shave Fest 2006 in Fort Worth some time in January?

full

Shaving soap is Minty Menthol by Em, razor by L'Alpin, by way of Lynn Abrams.

Randy

Merkur Futur w/ Feather Platinum Blade
T&H Trafalgar Shave Cream
Savile Row SR-241
QEDman Davinci Water
Kiehl's Multi-Purpose Facial Moisturizer for Men

Top Bottom