*a birthday gift from my lovely wife!

Jeff

Merkur Classic
Merkur Blade
Vulfix #2197
C&E Sandalwood*
Thayer's Rose WH
Nivea A/S Balm

*Not so sure I like it, luckily it's just a sample.

javyn said:
Hey Jerry, how is that Feather ASB? I have been very intrigued with it for a while now.

John:

I really like the Feather ASB for a several reasons. It is very light, non-greasy, and absorbs quickly. I use it just about anytime I don't have the matching scent to my soap or cream. It is also very inexpensive.

Where it falls a little short is in the area of moisturizing. In the summer, however, that's not a problem for most.

-Merkur HD with Persona blade
-C&E/EJ Ebony Travel Shaving Brush (It is new, I had to try it! Also had to try the new C&E cream and balm)
-C&E Sienna Cream
-WellQuest (Store brand) Witch Hazel [note: this is relatively pure WH at 85% v/v as compared with Thayers Rose which has more water than WH - Still, I like the Thayers better most days]
-C&E Sienna Balm
-Neutrogena Oil-free Moisture for sensitive skin [I love this stuff and use it almost every day as a moisturizer after the balm O' the day has dried]

Below see photos of new C&E brush pre- and post- first use: that's quite a bloom for such a small brush.

PRE-
proxy.php
proxy.php

POST-
proxy.php
proxy.php

Shower: Nancy Boy Invigorating Body Wash, conditioner, and face wash; Baxters shampoo

Shave:
Feather str8 with ProGuard blade
Trumpers Coconut
WoW aftershave
Trumpers Lime skin food

B&B cologne
IMG_2230_2_1.JPG

javyn said:
Hey Jerry, how is that Feather ASB? I have been very intrigued with it for a while now.
It's easily the best ASB when you don't need a moisturizer like Jerry said. I really like the CAR Hydrolast when I need a bit of a moisturizer, but any other day and the feather works just fine. The Feather ASB kind of has the same texture/consistency as Trumper's Skin Foods.

Merkur Futur w/ Feather Platinum Blade
Simpsons PJ3 Super
Cyril R. Salter's Fresh Mint Shave Cream
QEDman DaVinci Water
CAR Hyrdolast Lime/Green Tea ASB

• C&E Best Badger Brush by Edwin Jagger
  • Merkur HD​
  • Feather Hi-Stainless​
  • Crabtree & Evelyn Almond Shave Cream
  • Thayer's ROSE Witch Hazel
  • Brave Soldier Code Blue - May use this all weekend for Memorial Day :001_rolle

[*]
    Treufitt & Hill 1805 Cologne

1953 Gillette super speed w/Feather blade
Savile Row 3126 silvertip
Arko lemon shaving cream - thanks Mustafa
Feather ASB
Flois special 127 EDT

full

Last edited by a moderator:
teamacacia said:
Jerry, how did you like the Lemon Arko? I will be using the Regular Arko shortly.

Everything about it was just ok for me Todd. Lather, scent, and lubrication didn't wow me while I was using it but the end result of the shave was pretty good. Considering it's around $3.00 a tube, it's a pretty good value. Is it 3Ts quality, absolutely not, but it costs a fraction of what they do. It's certainly worth giving it a try.

-Shower Lóccitane Lemon Cream

-Fatboy/Gillette blade
-BK8
-D.R Harris Almond
-T&H1805 cream
-Thayers/W Lavender
-Floris Santal a/s balm
-Floris Santal EDT

I ended up at Pass 2 with not enough lather left over for my face (almond). switched to T&H 1805 , that cream works awesome smells awesome.

first time use the Floris line, very impressive balm and the EDT smells like a smell a like of the M7 EDT so if you have M7 already id advice not getting the Santal EDT. unless you want a more flowery more light version that can be worn very much thru hot sweaty summer... its really not offensive..

Top Bottom