What's new

SOTD Monday, May 22 - Sunday, May 28

Shower: T&H West Indian Limes body wash, Baxters shampoo, Nancy Boy conditioner and face wash

Shave:
Merkur Futur with Merkur blade
SR-208 brush
T&H 1805
QED Lemon Verbena tonic
Baxters ASB

T&H 1805 cologne
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Shower:
Nancy Boy sweetgrass soap
Nancy Boy shampoo

Shave:
Merkur Vision with Derby Extra blade, day 2
Simpsons PJ3 Super
Tyrwhitt Lemon & Cedar shave cream
Thayers lavender witch hazel
CAR peppermint AS balm

I think the Tyrwhitt Lemon & Cedar may be drying during the shave more than my other creams, but I don't know if this is due to the citrus nature of the cream or the particular brand. My Coates Limes doesn't dry this much. . .hmm. . .

On the plus side, my technique with the blade buffing after pass 3 is getting pretty reliable and consistent--hurrah. :shaving:

Merkur HD/Merkur Blade (day 3)
Savile Row SR 3722
Moss Scuttle
Proraso Sapone Da Barba
Proraso Dopobarba Splash
QED Da Vinci Water

Decent shave, though I'm still getting used to silvertip's water-holding capacity and was fighting over-diluted lather the whole way. Next time, more product!

-Rich

Gillette Toggle razor
AOS shave brush
Charles Tyrwhitt shave cream
Penhaligons Castille EDT

full

This morning slept late didnt wanna get up early to shave even though you can imagine my excitement to break in the BK8 ! I thought lets go to work let the beard grow a bit more so it can enjoy the BK8 better later on.

Came home, a package from Sweden waiting (a Friend of mine MORE MY SPARTAN brother ) send me some mint tea and mountain tea from Greece he also added a small plastic bag with Greece Aftershave balm.. smells awesome. dont know what brand it is ...

-Shower RCO pre-body shave wash.

The Shave

-BK8 Kent
-Kent shave soap SB3 Bowl.
-SuperSpeed Gillette with fresh Swedish Gillette Blade
-Thayers Witch hazel Lavender
-Greece A/S Balm.
- Old Spice a/s Splash ( this kills any razor burn instant ! )
- TNT EDT pour Homme just so I smell nice for the night.

The brush ! im shocked.. it is a work of ART it is so nice on your face it feels
like nothing you ever felt before so soft no pricking,no sticking it is a huge brush Im sure the BK4 would have been enough for my face but there is just something about this BK8 thats magical I advice everyone to get atleast one.
impressive enough was the feel but way more impressive then that ! I counted 1 hair being shed off the brush ! compare that to about 10-14 from the Tweezermann.. but that aint a brush that is more like hair from a Goats *** pressed into some ugly wooden knob ... :lol:

I can see where this is going its going to bankrupt me , if I have SCAD,or RAD think twice BAD is the baddest of them all ...

Something worth mentioning aswell, I tried the Quercus Cologne from the sample pack I got from Penhaligons that was just the best awesome experience sofar, the smell kept with me the most of the day cheering me up!

Thanks Joel this Bk8 def. enriches my life, I dont know what it is but even now hours after the shave I still have a happyness feeling that you just cant put your finger on why or what it is ! well it was worth every cent I paid happyness and shaving something that no one thought would go together!:tongue:

Merkur HD w/ Feather D3
EJ for C&E Super
Trumper's Limes SC
T&H West Indian Limes ASB
Taylor's #74 Limes EDT

Holy Mountains of Lather!!! Another day of massive volumes of warm lather thanks to improved technique.

SSLStudio said:
Thanks Joel this Bk8 def. enriches my life, I dont know what it is but even now hours after the shave I still have a happyness feeling that you just cant put your finger on why or what it is ! well it was worth every cent I paid happyness and shaving something that no one thought would go together!:tongue:
It just goes to show you, the guy who said, "Money can't buy happiness" was not a wetshaver.:lol:

• C&E Travel Brush
  • Gillette Gold Aristocrat

[*]
    Derby​
  • Proraso
  • Thayer's LEMON Witch Hazel
  • Brave Soldier CODE BLUE

[*]
    Truefitt & Hill's West Indies Lime

Shaved at work today after an AM workout. Decided to give the Gillette Arisocrat a try again after I auto-butchered myself a month or so ago.

Went much better with a lighter touch than I've been using with my Merkur HD.

I was the smoothest-faced guy on the jet today!​

Derby Extra in a Merkur Slant Bar
Shavemac Custom Silvertip
Salter Citrus Cream
jojoba oil
St. Charles Shave Tony's Choice ASB

I'll be going to Spain for the rest of the week, my wet pack semi permanently contains the fllowing which I'll be using til the end of the week...

Dovo Travel Brush
Merkur Futur (Satin) with Merkur Blade
Trumper Rose Cream
Trumper Rose Skin Food
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EDT

Unless I can find any new products in Spain of course...

Edwin Jagger best badger
Merkur Vision
Arko "Moist" shaving cream
Lubriderm unscented moisturizer
Yves Saint-Laurent Pour Homme edt

Jeff

Kyle said:
It just goes to show you, the guy who said, "Money can't buy happiness" was not a wetshaver.:lol:

All I can say is just look how happy this cat is??,the guy really wasnt a wetshaver Kyle for real. :biggrin:

Shower: Nancy Boy bath bar and conditioner; Baxters shampoo; Provence' Sante Verlaine Facial Scrub

Shave:
Merkur Futur with Merkur blade
Kent BK2
Coates Tea Tree
Provence Sante' Green Tea aftershave

Provence Sante' Green Tea cologne

full

Stupendous shave today. The Tea Tree is awesome, and the Futur.... fuhgeddaboutit

Shower:
Nancy Boy sweetgrass soap
Nancy Boy shampoo

Shave:
Merkur Vision with Derby blade, shave #4--still OK
Nancy Boy shave cream
Nancy Boy after shave gel
Burberry cologne

One of my smoothest, irritation-free shaves yet--thanks to Nancy Boy I presume.

S

Sam

My 1st SOTD here,

Shower:

Floris rose geranium bath bar.
Tigi shampoo and conditioner

Shave: In the shower

XXL Shavemac
Tabac Soap
Gillette Fatboy adjustable with Feather blade

touchup with QED Wild Orange shave stick and Slant bar with feather razor

Thayers Witch Hazel with Lemon
Natureade 80 aloe vera gel
30 minutes later, apply coral skin food

Cologne is Creed Millisime Imperial

Sam

day off from work because of Ascension Day shaved yesterday and really dont need one but hey !

A day not shaved is a day not lived....

-Shower Lóccitane Lemon Cream

-BK8
-Fatboy /Gillette Blade
-Proraso Green
-Corn Huskers lotion
-Adidas Pulse A/s
-Penhaligons Opus 1870 /sample

This is a shockers treatment shave the proraso is so cold, when you splash
cold water to close the pores you get this ANTARTIC in ya face feeling
priceless experience. :yikes:

Top Bottom