Merkur Futur with Merkur blade
Simpsons PJ3 super
T&H Rose cream
Thayers Rose Witch hazel (not shown)
D.R. Harris Aftershaving Milk
Coral Skin Food (not shown)

Nancy Boy "Butch" parfum

full

I am becoming less and less enamoured of the PJ3. It may find its way to the trading forum soon....

Last edited by a moderator:
Shower:
NB sweetgrass soap
Avena rosemary & mint shampoo--if you haven't tried this stuff, run out and get a bottle--the scent is fantastic--maybe even better than NB's signature scent (especially as it plays out in the SC--at least to my nose)
Shave:
Merkur Vision with Derby Extra blade, day 2
Simpsons PJ3 Super
T&H 1805 SC--I had a sample and decided to experiment--I *think* I liked it, but would need to try it a few more times to be sure--very different than anything else in my rotation
Thayers lavender witch hazel
CAR peppermint AS
NB Butch parfum

mrob said:
Shower:
NB sweetgrass soap
Avena rosemary & mint shampoo--if you haven't tried this stuff, run out and get a bottle--the scent is fantastic--maybe even better than NB's signature scent (especially as it plays out in the SC--at least to my nose)
Shave:
Merkur Vision with Derby Extra blade, day 2
Simpsons PJ3 Super
T&H 1805 SC--I had a sample and decided to experiment--I *think* I liked it, but would need to try it a few more times to be sure--very different than anything else in my rotation
Thayers lavender witch hazel
CAR peppermint AS
NB Butch parfum
Mitch, what did you think of the "Butch". I tried it today as well.

Merkur HD/Merkur blade (day 2)
Savile Row SR 3722 Silvertip (inaugural shave!)
Moss Scuttle
Trumper's Violet shaving cream
Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba

Finally broke out the new 22mm Savile Row silvertip I snagged from QED last week. I was aiming for this brush to occupy a middle ground between my beloved Vulfix #2234 and my beautiful-but-too-big SMF I.

Verdict: score! The SR 3722 is small enough that I feel like it'll be as efficient and precise as my Vulfix, but its knot density and that incredible silvertip water retention were both on full display. I'm accumulating photos for a bit of a review later this week, but it's a pretty one: here's the pic Ron uploaded a while back that decided me--it's the taller one on the right.

-Rich

Gillette Toggle Razor
SC Shave brush
Provence Sante shave soap
Harris Milk
Guerlain Heritage EDT

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Merkur HD w/ Feather D2
EJ for C&E Super
T&H Luxury Soap
Thayer's Rose WH
T&H West Indian Limes ASB
Taylor's #74 Limes EDT - for me, this is lasting much longer than the T&H WI Limes

teamacacia said:
Merkur HD w/ Feather D2
EJ for C&E Super
T&H Luxury Soap
Thayer's Rose WH
Taylor's #74 Limes EDT - for me, this is lasting much longer than the T&H WI Limes
How was the lathering experience???

Ron, it was most excellent. However, I did have to add extra water to the bowl despite the technique. I think this relates to the hardness of the water up here on the northside of the city. On a side note, I am becoming a limes addict...I just want to carry the ASB and EDT bottles around to sniff all day long. In fact, I'll probably go with the Trumper's Limes SC plus all the other limes stuff before heading out to Oak Tree for the last practice round of the Sr. PGA Championship!!!:biggrin:

Proraso Pre
Surrey/Van der Hagen and glycerin combo
Pure badger (Unsure of how many mm...can anyone estimate the knot size on the Burma shave brush? Mine is comparable to that.
Gillette 'Fat Boy'
Derby Extra
T&H Ultimate Comfort A/S

proxy.php

Scotto said:
Mitch, what did you think of the "Butch". I tried it today as well.

You know, I tried it for the first time in the Nancy Boy store while in San Francisco for a conference and loved it. I walked around the city on my way back to the hotel and could not stop smelling myself--I immediately called the store and asked them to add a bottle to my order, and also a bottle of the Fem for my wife as a peace offering for when the package arrived a few days later. :redface:

I really like the combination of the Butch and Fem together, which I have decanted into a small spray bottle--but I'm not as wild about the Butch alone now as I was in March while in California--maybe its the warmer weather now?

Its still good, but not my fave anymore. I'm currently in a Vicorian Limes mood. . .

teamacacia said:
Merkur HD w/ Feather D2
EJ for C&E Super
T&H Luxury Soap
Thayer's Rose WH

YES--the Taylor's Limes is much longer lasting than the T&H, which is a shame because the T&H has a lovely scent which deserves better staying power.

Omega brush
Dovo straight razor
Arko shaving soap
Lubriderm unscented moisturizer
Pinaud Bay Rum aftershave

what a beautiful shave, wowwww!! :smile: :cool: :wink:

Jeff

Merkur Vision with Wilkinson blade
Kent T12
Trumper Coconut cream
Trumper Limes SKin Food
Trumper Limes Cologne