SOTD Monday March 27 - Sunday April 2

Austin said:
Gillette Toggle razor
Vulfix shave brush
Trumpers Coconut oil shave cream
Baxters balm
Guerlain L'Instant EDT

full
Congrats! I see the toggle has arrived. How was the shave?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyle, it was a very good shave. I want to get a few more shaves done before I can really comment on it's effectiveness. It's a beautiful razor nonetheless and I will keep using it. Thanks for asking.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Day #1 of self-imposed hiatus, so-

No brush
No cream or soap
Merkur HD w/no blade
No a/s
B&B Castile decant

Just because I want to look like the wild man of Borneo doesn't mean I have to smell like him.:001_rolle

Merkur Slant Bar with Merkur Blade
Kent BK8 Super
Taylor's Mr. Taylors Shaving Cream
Proraso After Shave Cream
St. Charles Shave Whipped Buttercream
Creed Bois du Portugal

Saturday mornin' shave:

-Gillette Adj.LH with Merkur blade
-Muehle badger brush
-Pollena Lider shaving cream (awesome, wow...)*
-Will G's AS-Balm alcoholfree #7
*Gift from a very good friend:wink: :wink:

This was a very close and smooth shave, I feel great now and the weekend can come...

Wish everybody a great weekend with nice experiences...:wink: :wink: :thumbup1:
Thomas

Gents, great shave today.

Gillette razor
Colgate Arctic Cool shave cream
Polo EDT

full

Well, my big date with my wife didn't quite turn out as I had hoped. We went to have a few drinks and go dancing and I ran into an old girlfriend and started talking to her. Tried to get my wife into the conversation but she got mad. I danced one dance with her too, but that got her even more made.

Anyway, she made me sleep downstairs last night. But when I woke up this morning, she had thrown all of my shaving stuff away, creams, soaps, razors and even my shave brush!! My beloved Feather RG.....EVERYTHING!!!

So I had to shave with this crappy broken Mach 3 (see duct tape) and a bar of Irish Spring. At least I have a brush and 2 razors at work in my locker.

But , it turned out to be a pretty good shave.

full

Edwin Jagger brush
Merkur Vision
Olivia Bay Rum shaving cream
Lubriderm unscented moisturizer
Caswell-Massey #6 cologne

a delightful shave this morning, Olivia bay rum is so rich and creamy in lather, it's a pleasure. If you're a fan of bay rum like I am, this scent is for you--I love it! :biggrin: :biggrin: Tomorrow, back to my Turkish delight!

Jeff

Goin' retro today:

Shower: Ivory soap, Prell Shampoo

Shave:
Edge Pro Gel (sensitive skin)
Gillette M3
Clinique post shave soother
Canoe cologne (not shown)

Actually had a dynamite shave. This may re-enter my normal rotation.

full

Gillette M3 Power (Touchup under nose with Sensor Excel)
Gillette Foamy
Conair Shave Foam Heater

full

My GF saw my tub of Nancy Boy last night, so this morning I was obliged to bolster my masculinity in her eyes...

So, based on a tip from this guy I know, I went back to an old standby, but this time with a new twist:

Norelco 7865 XL "Quadra Action"
PrimeFlo Silicone Lubricant
Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol

I know, I know, you're all thinking, "Hey, that lube's probably bad for you!" Well, like any responsible guy I wore my safety goggles, and that's what the rubbing alcohol's for: a bracing A/S and chemical stripper all in one!

full

The visage is a little tender this morning, but I'm sure as I get my rotary technique back I'll be back to BBS in no time!

-Rich

Don't let 'em fool you--it takes particularly good goggles: Lexan eye shields, not the goofy vanilla polycarbonate, to stand up to the lube's propellant on an ongoing basis. :biggrin:

That additional $1.50 is worth it, friends. :wink:

-Rich

AACJ said:
Anyway, she made me sleep downstairs last night. But when I woke up this morning, she had thrown all of my shaving stuff away, creams, soaps, razors and even my shave brush!! My beloved Feather RG.....EVERYTHING!!!

AACJ,

You must be April Fooling us. You can't be serious? Are you? :001_huh:

Today's Shave (must have been something retro in the water)

M3 Turbo
Zirh Shave Gel
Zirh Soothe ASB
Davidoff Cool Water EDT

All in all, an okay shave. Not great, but okay. My badgers thanked me afterwards for a days rest :biggrin:

Gillette Bic Disposable Razor
Water
Skin Bracer Aftershave

Not a bad shave might I add. May go back to shaving like I did when I was in highschool!

Nothin' but the best baby.... Notice the Upland cream white hand brush....
full

Top Bottom