SOTD Monday March 20 - Sunday March 26

Merkur Vision w/Feather blade
Savile Row 3126
Trumper's sandalwood shaving cream
QED rose hydrosol
Trumper's coral skin food
Trumper's sandalwood EDT

full

No shave over the weekend since I was in the great outdoors mostly and what a great shave this morning!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shower: T&H West Indian Limes shampoo and bodywash, Nancy Boy conditioner and face wash

Shave:
Merkur Slantbar with Merkur blade
Shavemac "Scotto Special" brush
T&H soap
QED VH20
D.R. Harris Aftershaving Milk

T&H 1805 cologne

full

After a week of Euro-Gillette blade in the slantbar, the Merkur is a let-down....

With Shower using
Floris of London Santal Foaming Bath and Shower Gel
With Postshower Prep for the day with
Floris of London Santal Alcohol-free Deodorant
full

To the Shave:
Merkur Vision with an American Safety Razor PtCr
Savile Row 3128 Silvertip
Floris of London Santal Skin Conditioning Shaving Cream
QED DaVinci Water
Floris of London Santal Aftershave Balm
Floris of London Santal Eau de Toilette

full

Dovo Shavette w/ Fromm Blade
Simpsons Chubby 1 in Super
Classicshaving Lime/Coconut Shave Soap
QEDman DaVinci Water
CAR Hydrolast Lime/Green Tea Aftershave Balm

Merkur HD with Derby blade
Mixture of Taylor's Rose & Lavender creams
Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel
Proraso pre-post & a/s balm
Crusellas Vetiver & Lime

Gillette Adj. razor
SMF II brush
Taylors Almond shave cream
Hydrolast Peppermint balm
Trumpers Spanish Leather EDC

full

Monday...

Schick Injector w/new CVS blade.
Bic Metal for upperlip & touchup.
Simpson PJ1 (best)
C&E Almond oil cream
QED Lavender water
CAR Peppermint a/s balm

SCS New Spice edt

First time trying the CVS injector blades. Okay but they seem a bit harsh compared to the Schick brand blades. Will be interested in how the 2nd and 3rd shaves go.

Found the C&E cream at TJ MAXX for 7.99 (plastic tub). Great scent and I liked the cream alot. Back to the CAR a/s balm for me as I've found that this is just wonderful stuff.

Patrick

guenron said:
With Shower using
Floris of London Santal Shower and Bodywash
With Postshower Prep for the day with
Floris of London Santal Deodorant Stick

To the Shave:
Savile Row 3128 Silvertip
Floris of London Santal Skin Conditioning Shaving Cream
QED DaVinci Water
Floris of London Santal Aftershave Balm
Floris of London Santal Eau de Toilette

Tune in at six for photo..

Ron, how do you think the Santal Shaving Cream compares to the top of the line stuff? BTW, what in your opinion is your top of the line stuff?

AACJ said:
Ron, how do you think the Santal Shaving Cream compares to the top of the line stuff? BTW, what in your opinion is your top of the line stuff?
I really like the Santal Cream. It is somewhat rare (price constraint), performs rather well, and SMELLS GREAT! In keeping with one man's meat, another man's poison... Let us only talk creams. I am glad that you said top of the line. Some folks seem to like Top Shelf... Having worked in Chemistry for years (many years ago) I think we kept those items termed as caustics on the TOP SHELF..
The Santal Cream compares favorably with T&H 1805, Grafton, Trafalgar, slightly better than the WI Limes, and much better than the Almond. As good or better (emphasis on BETTER) than the seven or eight Taylors hanging around the Imperial Shave Shack.. (KO's Palmolive...) Good grief man, this could go on for far too long! Too many creams..:scared: Better than Speick, on par or perhaps slightly better than C&E Sandalwood, better than Sienna... Argh! Is that enough? I have a new Provence Santé cream with tons of burre karité (as in shea butter for the non-francophone). I think this, while not known by most, is probably one that can challenge the best of anyone's Top of the Line creams...
Back to the question now,
To quote Floris' web site:
A light formulation, this Shaving Cream will be particularly beneficial for those with sensitive skin. With added Aloe Vera and Glycerine plus Allantoin and Chamomile to soothe. For best results use with a brush.

I think I get the point. I just wonder why more people are not using it. On my next trip to Shops Londons (the brick and mortar) I think I'll pick one up.

I bet it smells great, Santal is one of my favorite EDT's. Looking forward to getting a bottle there too.

I wonder if I mention your name, would they give me a discount? :eek: :w00t:

guenron said:
I really like the Santal Cream. It is somewhat rare (price constraint), performs rather well, and SMELLS GREAT! In keeping with one man's meat, another man's poison... Let us only talk creams. I am glad that you said top of the line. Some folks seem to like Top Shelf... Having worked in Chemistry for years (many years ago) I think we kept those items termed as caustics on the TOP SHELF..
The Santal Cream compares favorably with T&H 1805, Grafton, Trafalgar, slightly better than the WI Limes, and much better than the Almond. As good or better (emphasis on BETTER) than the seven or eight Taylors hanging around the Imperial Shave Shack.. (KO's Palmolive...) Good grief man, this could go on for far too long! Too many creams..:scared: Better than Speick, on par or perhaps slightly better than C&E Sandalwood, better than Sienna... Argh! Is that enough?

To quote Floris' web site:

Hi gents,

this is a multicultural shave...:001_rolle

-Gillette Adj.long handle with Merkur blade
-Proraso creme pre e dopo barba
-Proraso sapone da barba
-Swiss Pitralon (Italy and Swiss = neighbourhood)

Very smooth shave :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Thomas

Merkur Vision with Merkur Blade
Kent BK8 Silver Tip
PRÉ de PROVENCE Shaving Soap
PRÉ de PROVENCE After Shave Balm
Trumpers GFT EdT

Omega brush
Merkur Vision
Proraso sapone da barba
Proraso crema pre/dopo barba
Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme edt

a good shave, smooth, cool, fresh, but I missed my Turkish delight! :frown:
I'm going back to it tomorrow! :wink:

Jeff

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Vulfix 2135
HD/Feather
Taylor DaVinci cream
Thayer's Ghetto DaVinci water
Coral sf

Couldn't resist, although it seems Kyle beat me to the punch.

Sorry, I didn't mean to steal your thunder. After the suggestion, I couldn't resist giving it a try. Unfortunately, I had a bad shave this morning, but am going to try this combo again in a few days.

Omega brush
Merkur Vision with a new blade
Arko Commando shaving cream (love it! love it! love it!)
Lubriderm unscented moisturizer
Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme edt

Man, did it feel good to shave with my favorite Arko shaving cream this morning! :thumbup1: This Commando stuff smells so nice! It even smells something like Dolce & Gabbana.

Jeff

Truefitt & Hill Small Super Badger
Taylors Lavender Shaving Cream (Thanks Kujo!)
QED Lavender Water
Truefitt & Hill Classic ASB
Geo F Trumper GFT

full

Trumper's Sandalwood (Yes, I'm trying it again)
Shavemac SMF
Merkur Vision-Persona Blade
QEDman DaVinci Water
Trumper's West Indian Limes Skin Food
T&H Spanish Leather EDT

Shower: L'Occitane Eau de Badian Shower Gel, Baxters shampoo, Nancy Boy conditioner and face wash

Shave:
Merkur slantbar with Merkur blade
T&H ebony super badger
QED Anise and Lavender soap
QED DVH20
L'Occitane CADE ASB

L'Occitane Eau de Badian EdT

full

Top Bottom