What's new

SOTD Monday June 26 - Sunday July 2

Merkur Vision with Wilkinson Blade
Kent BK8
Old Spice Shaving Soap
Alum Block
Trumper Limes Skin Food
Tabac Original Cologne

I'm going to have to get some Old Spice Cologne!

Merkur Slant Bar
Feather, Blade, day 1
Kent BK4
Nancy Boy Shaving Cream
Enchante Cube
Antony Logistics Aftershave Astringent
Nancy Boy Cooling A/S

No shower - just some hot splashes of water on the face.

Beauty and mineral Peeling scrub. (mint cools the face )

Aristocrat Gillette /Feather
Arko shave stick
Muhle boar bristle
Classic Arko yagli creme
Nivea 2 phase-Fresh a/s (recommend very good stuff)
No cologne.

2 passes im not BBS but atleast decent because of the close shave yesterday didnt feel like a Nancy boy today treatment. :biggrin:

absolute ZERO razor burn.

Never a quickie, always a longie.

SSLStudio said:
No shower - just some hot splashes of water on the face.

Aristocrat Gillette /Feather
Arko shave stick
Muhle boar bristle
Classic Arko yagli creme
Nivea 2 phase-Fresh a/s (recommend very good stuff)
No cologne.

2 passes im not BBS but atleast decent because of the close shave yesterday didnt feel like a Nancy boy today treatment. :biggrin:

absolute ZERO razor burn.

AACJ said:
Never a quickie, always a longie.

I know , know... but this Silver Aristocrat has such a nice head on it you can almost ALMOST go with the speed of a M3 over your face and the Arko is just slick lubricating slippery stuff. I wouldnt try quick with any other razor. except perhaps the new Injector judging by the comments of Joel. but promise Ill go slow with it.

Merkur Vision w/Feather blade
Savile Row 3120 silvertip
Tabac shaving soap
QED rose hydrosol
Feather ASB
Tabac Culture EDT

Monday: Heresy Day

Merkur Futur
Israeli day 2
Simpson Chubby#2 Super
Proraso Pre/Post (just pre for me)
Proraso Green
<pause>
I could not get my neck smooth no matter this morning even with multiple and varying grain passes, so out came the Schick Xtreme3 to do the touch and cut. That did the job - very nicely. After shaving with the small fixed heads, I am having a harder time adjusting back to the Futur these last couple days.
</pause>
Feather Kanwa ASB
Floris JF EdT

Tomorrow will be my last shave for over 2 weeks :w00t: - better plan out a dandy one.

Dennis

Merkur Slant/Derby Extra
Simpson B6
C&E Nomad Soap
Proraso A/S Splash
Rosehip Oil
Trumpers Coral Skin Food

L'Occitane Green Tea EDT

Brian

SOTD (Monday, 26 June 2006)

SHOWER

* Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castille Bar Soap

* American Crew Citrus Mint Shampoo and Conditioner

SHAVE

* Gilette Super Speed DE Safety Razor

* Generic Double-Edge Blades from CVS

* Trumper's Violet Shaving Cream

* Kingsley Boar-Bristle Brush

* Aveda Men ASB

* Floris Summer Limes EDT

After 20 years of using disposables, I scored two Super Speeds via eBay. Yesterday and today marked my first "old-school" shaves--pretty smooth, but the number of passes and the irritation tell me that I'll need lots of practice to improve my technique. Right now, I don't have much sense about how to use the blade to create the pressure required to cut the whiskers, while at the same time NOT scraping my skin.

Merkur Slant
Derby blade
Vulfix best badger
Proraso green
Thayers aftershave (ouch) followed immediately by
Thayers lavender (aahh)
Proraso AS
Nivea moisturizer

Neutrogena Razor Defense Face Scrub
Pacific Shave Oil
Merkur HD-Merkur Blade
SR-208
Taylor's Avocado Cream
Thayers Rose Witch Hazel
Coral Skin Food
Polo

40's SS w/ Swede
Vulfix 403
Arko Sensitive
C&E Sandalwood ASB
Saint Charles Shave Sandalwood EDT

Getting better with the Swedes. I've ruled out the Swedes and the Merkur Classic combo. The Swedes and the SS are better. Still not as good as the Derbys for me, but we'll try it for another couple days. Grade: B-

This Sandalwood from Saint Sue is gaining more playing time in my rotation. I'm really starting to love it. I get more comments from my wife with it than anything else right now.

John, don't you find the Arko sensitive cream gives somewhat of a cooling effect? I find it does, I find it very pleasant.

Jeff

Passes 1-3, Straight Razor - just OK. I've been honing this razor myself and don't believe that I have reached appropriate sharpness yet.
Finishing passes with Derby Loaded Merkur HD
Simpson's PJ3
Taylor's Rose
Thayer's Rose
Proraso Post
Proraso ASB

Jeff, just a little. No way near Proraso. But yes, it's very nice. It's my favorite out of the Arko line. The only issue, and I've mentioned this before, is that at work, they use a bathroom cleaner that smells just like it. It's a good smell, but I'd rather not think of my work bathroom when lathering up in the morning. I suspect they'll move on to another cleaner in the near future and that memory will fade. That's my hope at least.

Thomas, how do you like the SCS shave oil? I have it but haven't tried it yet. I'm not usually a PSO kinda guy, but may give it a go soon.

letterk said:
Jeff, just a little. No way near Proraso. But yes, it's very nice. It's my favorite out of the Arko line. The only issue, and I've mentioned this before, is that at work, they use a bathroom cleaner that smells just like it. It's a good smell, but I'd rather not think of my work bathroom when lathering up in the morning. I suspect they'll move on to another cleaner in the near future and that memory will fade. That's my hope at least.

Ah the morning sniff of bathroom cleaner. I have the same problems with Arko shave stick it smells *** . as in really a cleaning solution for sanitizing I really..really am bummed out by that the lather it self is brilliant for the money you pay for it. does a very good job. just smear it over the face then lather with the brush on the face no need to use a bowl I think you damage the lather more by using a bowl..its meant to be instant pooof lather in on ya face material. imagine Arko shave stick would contain the smell of menthol/mint your have proraso on a stick. ?

Top Bottom