Creed Millieseme Imperiale EDT

Merkur Slant with Super-Max Blade*
Kent BK12
Taylor's Rose Cream
Alum Block
Trumper's Corla Skin Food
Nivea Sensitive ASB
Trumper's Curzon Cologne

* Thanks to Michael (NMMB) for the Super-Max blades but without wishing to seem ungrateful I don't think I'll be using another. I have got to the stage that I can pick up almost any DE razor and get good results, I doubt this is the case with a Super-Max blade. The initial (with the grain) shave was great, no pulling or irritation at all, the next pass went ok (diagonally across the grain) a couple of weepers but noting too bad. At this point the blade appeared to be blunt, something like a Wilkinson after seven shaves. I went across the grain at 90 degrees from the last pass and I seemed to start pulling my face apart, weeper after weeper particularly in the areas under the corners of my mouth. I didn't bother with a T&C pass, my face was feeling pretty sore.

The alum block demonstrated how much damage I did, it stung like crazy initially, I applied some Skin Fod and even 10-15 minutes later my face hadn't recovered, It felt like pins being pushed into my face. I put the Nivea on next to stop this uncomfortable feeling, it sort of worked.

Blades selection is very subjective. What's good for me might be awful for someone else and I hope these blades suit someone, not me though!

I'll put these words into a review too.

Plisson Euro white #10
Trumper rose soap
Merkur HD open comb
vita verde rose water spray
Speick AS splash (scent of orange blossom with some spices, very nice after a floral or sandalwood scented soap)
Alum block
Proraso liquid aftershave

Wednesday:

Merkur Futur/Derby Extra.
Vulfix 18
Proraso green Tub
Proraso A/S Splash
Proraso Pre/Post

SCS New Spice EDT

Have lots of High End Soaps and Creams.......but Proraso consistently gives me many of my best shaves.

Brian

Wednesday:
Omega brush
Dovo straight razor
Mama Bear's "Dragon's Blood" shaving soap*
St-Ives Intensive Relief moisturizer
SCS New Spice edt

*this soap smells great, and has a fantastic lather, with no burning, no irritation, and it gave me a great, comfortable shave. Definitely a soap I'd want again. :smile: :smile: :badger:

Jeff

Shower:
Yardley Flowering English Lavender Body Wash
Zirh "Fortify" Shampoo & Conditioner

Shave:
Nancy Boy Facewash
Merkur Vision - Personna Blade
Musgo Real Cream
Shavemac SMF 1
Thayer's Witch Hazel
Trumpers Limes Skin Food
Perry Ellis EDT

scale of 1-10, this shave was insane. Probably a 9.9 (as I think 10 is probably unacheivable). I've made my cheeks red from faceturbating while driving to work. That's what I get for playing with it :wink:

Merkur slant bar w/Feather blade
Vulfix 2235 super
Trumper's rose shaving cream
QED DaVinci water
Trumper's coral skin food
Trumper's wild fern

First shave with the slant bar. Can't say I'm overly impressed and would rate todays shave a B-. As we all know, one shave isn't a good measure of the worth of any one item but I was expecting better. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Muhle-Pinsel Razor with Derby Extra Blade
Simpson's PJ3
Cerrus Shave Cream (thanks TomH)
Thayer's Lavender
Proraso Post
Pinaud Shave Talc
Pinaud Lilac Vegital (used as a cologne)

Kyle said:
Cool looking razor. How is the shave?

Kyle, only my second shave with this razor, but I have to say I just had one of my best shaves ever! I think this could be the perfect Newbie razor. the angle is pretty much built in, and it is almost impossible to cut yourself ( call me sick but I tried ) and I got zero.... I repeat zero irritation.
Cheers, DJ.

40s Gillette Rocket w/Merkur
Vulfix 2235
Trumper's Limes Shave Cream
Thayer's Rose WH
Baxter's ASB
Coral Skin Food
Creed Millisieme Imperiale EDT

Shower: Nancy Boy bath bar, conditioner, and face wash; Baxters shampoo

Shave:
Merkur slantbar with Derby Extra blade
Simpsons PJ3 super
L'Occitane Green Tea shave cream
L'Occitane green tea aftershave (changed my mind after taking the picture)

L'Artisan Tea for Two EdT
full

Dinder1 said:
Kyle, only my second shave with this razor, but I have to say I just had one of my best shaves ever! I think this could be the perfect Newbie razor. the angle is pretty much built in, and it is almost impossible to cut yourself ( call me sick but I tried ) and I got zero.... I repeat zero irritation.
Cheers, DJ.

Where did you get the razor and are blades easy/cheap?

Merker classic with Derby
Vulfix pure badger
Coates tea tree
Alum block
Thayers A/S (the one with alcohol)
Will G's sandalwood A/S balm

Van Gils EDT

Love the Coates tea tree - smells like a hospital, but shaves great.

Gillette Aristocrat razor
T&H brush
Mama Bears Spicy Lime shave soap
4711 EDT

full

Top Bottom