saturday night shave

progress
men-u brush
salter mint
sharp's toner
code blue
will g. peppermint asb
t&h clubman edt

i'm starting to think that it's the two t's and one s, as opposed to 3 T's. i get great shaves from my salter tub and have had nothing but mediocre to poor experiences with the two T&H creams I've tried.

Merkur Vision w/Merkur blade
Shavmac brush
Tabac shaving soap
QEDman DaVinci water
Feather ASB
Tabac culture EDT

Jerry

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Shower: C&E Nomad bodywash, baxters shampoo and conditioner, Nancy Boy Mild Facial Wash

Shave:
Merkur Progress with Merkur blade
Shvemac "Scotto Special" brush (shown after 4 luxurious passes)
Provence Sante' Verlaine shave soap in cool redware bowl
Provence Sante' green tea aftershave

Musgo Real Agua de Colonia #3 Spiced Citrus

IMG_1723_1_1.JPG

shower: Tabac shower soap
shave: my great professional prep
Merkur Vision
Omega brush
Tabac shaving soap
Lubriderm unscented moisturiser
Tabac after shave
Tabac eau de cologne

at last! Tabac!

Merkur Longhandle Classic with Feather Blade
Vulfix Old Original #41
Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar Shaving Cream
Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar Aftershave Balm
Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar Cologne​
full

I had just an AWESOME shave today!

Will G. SHEA butter #37 soap
S.R. 3124 Silvertip (jury's still out on this one)
Pacific Shave Oil
Merkur Futur w/ Feather Blade
QED Davinci Water
Santa Maria Novell pre/post (very nice stuff!)
Ultra Shave as a final moisturizer

5 passes and ZERO irritation!

Tabac Culture EDT

Howard: It's odd, I used the Will G's shea butter two days ago and it was the closest shave I think I've ever had. There was one more variable in the equation so I'm not ready to credit it all to the soap so I'm waiting to see if I can duplicate it. It was the longest I've ever gone before the return of stubble. I wasn't that impressed while I was using it but it was as the day wore on that i really started to notice it.

Jerry

Hi Jerry -

I'm with ya. I had a couple of different variables in the shave today - but the end result was still a fantastic shave. 7 hours later and I'm still "face-turbating."

I am still new to the Futur - but I don't see how that would results in a closer shave than a Slant Bar. Also, I didn't use PSO between passes last time like I did with this shave.

However, I'm to the point that I notice when I don't use Pacific Shave Oil and go for the really, SUPER, lightbulb-smooth closeness; I may get some razor burn (esp. on either side of my Adam's Apple). So, I just say "screw it" and use the oil. It's clean, easy (and I have a bunch of it) and comfortable. Why not? :wink:

full

Straight, Edwin Jagger Mini Travel Brush (Crabtree & Evelyn), L'Occitane Shaving Soap, Nivea A/S Balm. How small is the brush??? The Nivea bottle is sample size.

Randy

Top Bottom