What's new

SOTD Monday Feb 13 - Sunday Feb 19

smoothfacejeff said:
Art, do you like the AOS shaving cream? I do, although I find the scent a bit strong.

Jeff

Yes, unfortunately I do, AOS seems a little more expensive, but the same price as T & H, which I like as well. But I like the scent strong, Taylors isn't as strong, which I don't like.

Art, Taylors creams are really my best friends as far as shaving goes. I like my scents subtle and mild, so this way, they don't clash with my eau de toilette that I wear after. Mind you, AOS sandalwood is nice, but I always found it a little too heavy, even after I rinse my face when I'm finished a shave. Talking about T & H, I have the Grafton shaving cream, and I should use it a little more often. I received a tub as a gift, but it's been a month or so since I last shaved with it. Perhaps tomorrow morning, I'll pull it out of the drawer.

Jeff

AACJ said:
Andrew, how do you like the Floris Sandalwood EDT compared to Santal? I didn't know Floris carried a Sandalwood.

Hi Art. Floris Sandalwood is my favorite Sandalwood. I like it better than Trumpers, AOS or Taylors. The scent is more of a single note than the others and it lasts on my person about 8-9 hours.

Floris Santal has little or no sandalwood. It is a different type of scent altogether. It's a great cologne nontheless. Just ask Richard.

Austin said:
Hi Art. Floris Sandalwood is my favorite Sandalwood. I like it better than Trumpers, AOS or Taylors. The scent is more of a single note than the others and it lasts on my person about 8-9 hours.

Floris Santal has little or no sandalwood. It is a different type of scent altogether. It's a great cologne nontheless. Just ask Richard.

I've tried and LOVE the Santal, next time I'm in Charlottesville, I'll stop by the ShopLondons.com brick and mortar store and try the Sandalwood...I love going into that place! Glad to hear there's one that lasts a long time.

Thanks

1958 Gillette Adjustable with Feather PtInox
Savile Row 208 Superbadger
Forest Blend Shaving Stick:thumbup:
QED Rose Water
Caswell & Massey Greenbriar Aftershave Balm
Caswell & Massey Greenbriar Cologne

Shower: C&E Sandalwood bodywash, Baxters shampoo and conditioner, Provence Sante' Verlaine Facial scrub

Shave:
Schick Injector with Personna blade
SMF brush
AOS Sandalwood
Em's "balancing" AS splash
C&E Sandalwood balm

Musgo Real Agua de Colonia #2 Oak Moss :drool:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Gillette HD adjustable w/Merkur blade
Simpson's Polo 8 best
D R Harris Arlington shaving soap
D R Harris Arlington ASB
D R Harris Arlington EDT

Jerry

DoubleE said:
Gillette HD adjustable w/Merkur blade
Simpson's Polo 8 best
D R Harris Arlington shaving soap
D R Harris Arlington ASB
D R Harris Arlington EDT

Jerry
Hey Jerry,
How many of those Simpsons did you snatch from the beleaguered CAR?:001_rolle

Well.....the story of my Simpson's quest is more a reflection of the fact I have no patience than anything else! There were 2 Simpson's brushes I had an interest in, the Polo 8 and Chubby 1, both in best. I originally called CAR to buy a Chubby 1 since there brushes were all 25% off and they were in the US but alas, they were out. They did however, have the Duke series but I withstood the temptation since I didn't know much about them.

I then called Emily and asked if she could get me a Polo 8 in best. She said she would order me one but it would be several weeks before it would be in. Then comes the lack of patience thing. I called CAR back and ordered the Duke 2 as well since, after all, you can never have too many brushes!!

The Polo came in yesterday so I lathered it up, more to wash it than anything else and then gave it a test run this morning. Very nice indeed. More to follow on it.

Jerry

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Vulfix 376
Feather DE with Wilkinson
D. R. Harris Arlington cream
Thayer's rose witch hazel
Proraso a/s balm

My worst razor + my most marginal blade + minimalist treatment = great shave. Go figure. Must be the Harris cream.

Schick Adjustable Injector with Schick Blade
Saville Row SR-208 Super Badger
L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap
L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm
L'Occitane Eau des 4 Voleurs EdT - Thanks Scotto!

Edwin Jagger brush
Merkur Vision razor
Arko sensitive skin shaving cream
Lubriderm unscented moisturiser
Swiss Pitralon aftershave

Great, soothing comfortable shave today!

Jeff

Nice shave today!

Shower:

Crabtree and Evelyn Sandalwood Hair and Body Wash

Shave:

SMF Shave Brush
Vulfix Sandalwood Shaving Cream (Sample from Austin, thanks!!)
Hess Forty-Four Str8 (on loan from Lynn)
Schick Injector to finish up
QED DaVinci Water

George Trumpers Sandalwood Cologne

full

AACJ said:
Nice shave today!

Shower:

Crabtree and Evelyn Sandalwood Hair and Body Wash

Shave:

SMF Shave Brush
Vulfix Sandalwood Shaving Cream (Sample from Austin, thanks!!)
Hess Forty-Four Str8 (on loan from Lynn)
Schick Injector to finish up
QED DaVinci Water

George Trumpers Sandalwood Cologne

full

Art, how do you like Vulfix?

Austin said:
Art, how do you like Vulfix?

Austin, it lathers very well, it doesn't take much. I LOVE the Sandalwood scent too, but I seem to like most of them.

How was that Vicco Tumeric?

Yesterday evening's shave:

-Muehle badger brush
-Gillette Adj. with Cerrus blade
-Taylor's Sandalwood soap
-Haslinger AS balm

Was great...

Thomas

Merkur classic long-handle w/Merkur blade
Shavemac brush
T&H almond shaving cream
QEDman DaVinci water