Trumper Coral Skin Food

Penhaligon's Opus EdT

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Merkur 23C long handle with a Wilkinson
AOS Lemon cream
Proraso pre/post
Trumper Lime skin food

Not every day requires a BBS shave. The long handle, coupled with a non-aggressive blade, provides me with a gentle two pass that looks good without any irritation. This way, my face can recuperate and I still get to shave.

ouch said:
Merkur 23C long handle with a Wilkinson
AOS Lemon cream
Proraso pre/post
Trumper Lime skin food

Not every day requires a BBS shave. The long handle, coupled with a non-aggressive blade, provides me with a gentle two pass that looks good without any irritation. This way, my face can recuperate and I still get to shave.
Jay,
The 23C is a fine, non-aggressive razor. I find its only drawback is that it requires a very sharp blade to give the BBS shave. I get razor burn with a mild blade as I usually beat the dickens out of my visage to get a close shave when the blade and razor are only marignally up to the task.

Savile Row brush
Dovo straight razor
Arko shaving soap
Lubriderm unscented moisturizer
Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme edt

the result: a beautiful, smooth, baby-butt smooth shave!

Jeff

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
guenron said:
Jay,
The 23C is a fine, non-aggressive razor. I find its only drawback is that it requires a very sharp blade to give the BBS shave. I get razor burn with a mild blade as I usually beat the dickens out of my visage to get a close shave when the blade and razor are only marignally up to the task.

Ron-
That's why I use this setup when I'm already pretty well beaten up and don't want a BBS, and specifically plan on not overdoing the pressure. Of course, once underway, it's all too easy to say "Hmmm, maybe I can get just a little closer", and then all hell breaks loose.:blush:

When Greenspan mentioned irrational exuberance, I think he was referring to my shaving technique, rather than economics. :rolleyes: Using some of the more hellacious devices available (eg: slantbar) has somewhat tamed my approach to the extent that I'm no longer a habitual visagesectionist.

Crabtree and Evelyn Sienna Deodorant Stick
Merkur Longhandled Classic with a Derby Extra
Ed. Jagger for Crabtree and Evelyn Superbadger
Crabtree and Evelyn Sienna Shaving Soap in a Bowl
Crabtree and Evelyn Sienna Aftershave Balm
Crabtree and Evelyn Sienna Eau de Toilette

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Gillette HD adjustable w/Derby blade
Simpson's Duke #2 best
Tabac shaving soap
Coral Skin Food
Tabac Culture EDT

full

Merkur HD with Derby blade
Vulfix #41
Taylor's Rose Cream
Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel (used with atomizer for 1st time)
Hydrolast - Hydrosol & Conditioner
Pinaud Shave Talc
Crusellas Tobacco

full

Merkur HD/Merkur Blade (Day 2)
Vulfix #2234
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving cream
Proraso Pre/Post cream
Em's Place Lavender Hydrosol

Very nearly a poor shave today: this was my first time trying an AoS cream, and it wasn't nearly as lubricious as I was hoping, yielding several small nicks in places I never get them, like at the sides of my mouth. Thankfully a little more care with bladework and some help from Proraso pre/post rescued the shave, and my skin afterward. Still, only a halfway-decent result, not what I've come to expect from a cream. :thumbdown

-Rich

Zirh "Clean" Citrus Face Wash
Taylor's Rose Shave Cream
Shavemac XL Silvertip
Merkur Vision - Personna Blade
QEDman Rose Hydrosol
Zirh "Soothe" ASB
Perry Ellis EDT

Gillette Aristocrat razor
SMF II brush
T&H Almond shave cream
Lucky Tiger Toner
Laura Biagiotti Roma Uomo EDT

full

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Still testing out Joseph's Samples.

- Superspeed /damned Feather
- Trumpers Violet (not my ball game)
- Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel (love it gonna order 2 Trucks full of this):thumbup1:
- Aloe 80

This is what you get when dissing Feather's. I was deciding to Shave or Not to Shave thats the Question.. since I shaved at 1:30 Am so a 19 hours time window. but couldnt resist the stack of products. I thought oh well do a Quicky then just a 2 pass to touch up a bit. went a bit to fast under my Neck then I saw it 2 Nicks ,I thought SSL you must go slower these are well known Feathers.. then the area under my LIP ! I always ! ALWAYS go against the grain as a 1st pass there ,I now thought lets go WITH the grain. I gues I held the angle of the SS a bit too steep cuz I didnt see it cutting away into my underlip.. so I then washed face with warm water ,felt tingleing under the Lip I thought "O OH ! " (teletubby ) , I grabbed my lip pulled it up I saw what looked like a SCAR like a cut but no blood I thought.. U see all bla bla nothing there. I lathered up for round 2 .. there it is blood thru the lather I was like **** damnn Feather took off almost the skin ! I guess im Human after all just like the fella Samurai's at B&B...

R.E.S.P.E.C.T Feather.. (and a bit of carelessnes on my end )

Offcourse I finished quick didnt wanna go beyond pass 2 !
Dont like GFT Violet so now I know without buying the whole bucket...

Doesnt help that I have NO special stick against cuts...

Shower: Nancy Boy Invigorating body wash, face wash, and conditioner, Baxters shampoo.

Shave;
Merkur Futur with Euro-Gillette blade
SR3124 brush
Proraso Sapone de Barba
Em's Cucumber AS splash
Proraso pre/post

Musgo Real Agua de Colonia #2 Oak Moss

full

Proraso cooling,
My pores are awakened to
Transitory bliss

full

SMF Brush
Arko Shave Stick
Shick Injector
Baxter ASB
Penhaligons Lavandula

Scotto said:
Shower: Nancy Boy Invigorating body wash, face wash, and conditioner, Baxters shampoo.

Shave;
Merkur Futur with Euro-Gillette blade
SR3124 brush
Proraso Sapone de Barba
Em's Cucumber AS splash
Proraso pre/post

Musgo Real Agua de Colonia #2 Oak Moss

full

Proraso cooling,
My pores are awakened to
Transitory bliss

Interesting, they changed the tub of the proraso!

Top Bottom