What's new

SOTD Monday 11/21 - Sunday 11/27

Merkur Futur w/ Feather Platinum Blade
Savile Row Sr-241 Shave Brush
Salter's Fresh Mint Shave Cream (My all time favorite shave cream)
QEDman DaVinci Water
Feather Aftershave Balm

Gillette adjustable HD w/Merkur blade
Vulfix 2235 brush
Trumper's rose shaving cream
Thayer's witch hazel
Feather ASB

Worst shave I've had in weeks! My Vulfix had gotten to where it wouldn't hold as much water as it used to so I gave it a good cleaning a few days ago. I cleaned it with Dawn, then soaked it in a vinegar/glicerine solution based on Em's directions. It did a great job of cleaning the brush and it held so much water today, when I hit my bowl and cream, water when everywhere. I poured a little off but my lather was just way to watery. I knew it was but thought I could make it work anyway.

I've never had razor hop so bad! I should have added more cream but I kept thinking it would get better!:confused: I stuck with it for 2 passes and part of another and finally gave up and did the chin, jawbone area with a shavestick.

There's always tomorrow.
Jerry

Shower: L'Occitane CADE Shower Gel, Baxters shampoo, conditioner, and face wash

Shave:
SMF brush (shown after 3 passes)
Merkur Progress with Merkur blade
L'Occitane CADE shave soap
L'Occitane Eau des Bergers AS
L'Occitane CADE ASB

L'Occitane Eau de Badian EdT :drool:

full

I finished a trial size of the CADE shower gel. Didn't care for it at all. It is the first L'Occitane mens product I really haven't cared for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Merkur Vision razor
SMF shave brush
T&H West Indian Limes shave cream
Hydrolast Grapefruit balm
T&H West Indian Limes EDT

Merkur Futur with Merkur PtInox
Ed. Jagger for Crabtree and Evelyn Best Badger (After 4 Passes!)
QED Bergamot Shavestick
QEDman DaVinci Water
T&H Classic Aftershave Balm
Lagerfeld Jako Cologne

full

Showered with Woodland Sprite Bath Soap
7/8 Discuswerfer 1000 w/ Snake Wood Scales
Shavemac SMF Special
QEDman Pine & Cedarwood Shaving Soap
Proraso After Shave Balm
Trumper's Coral Skin Food
Shiseido Basala For Men EdT

For Proraso Day:

Proraso (Green Tube)
Gillette DE with a Feather Platinum (Razor set on #5 - three passes) This was the second day of use on this blade.
Savile Row 208
Witch Hazel
Trumper Lime Skin Food

-Gerald

Well, I would like to have taken one for the shaving team but I REALLY don't like Proraso green, and that's the only Proraso I have so....

Merkur Progress w/Merkur blade
Savile Row 231 super badger
T&H luxury shaving soap
T&H 1805 ASB
T&H 1805 EDT

What a difference a day makes. A+ shave this morning!!

Jerry

Never wait until the last minute. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Not a Proraso guy, alas....

Shower: C&E Sweet Almond Oil Body Wash, Baxters shampoo, conditioner, and face wash

Shave:
Edwin jagger for C&E Best Badger
Merkur Progress with Merkur blade
C&E Sweet Almond Oil Soap
Chamomile hydrosol
D.R Harris After Shaving Milk

Penhaligon's Endymion EdT

full

Hoffritz Slant Bar razor
SMF shave brush
Saint Charles Sandalwood shave soap
Jasons 6 in 1 Beard Therapy
New Spice EDT

Merkur Futur with Merkur PtInox
Ed. Jagger for Crabtree and Evelyn Super Badger (After 4 passes)
Proraso Sapone Da Barba
Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba
Caswell & Massey Aura of Patchouli

full

Showered with Woodland Sprite Bath Soap
7/8 Puma
Shavemac SMF Special
Proraso Eucalyptus Shaving Soap
Proraso After Shave Balm
Creed Bois du Portugal EdT

It's a good thing that today was Proraso day, as today was also over-shave Nick's face day (and I always turn to good ole Mr. P when that's the case).

Taylor's Sandalwood Shaving Cream (the tube's death blow, or coup de grace if you will)
A super Tiny Vulfix 374
Merkur Vision (w/ Feather)
A wipe down with some witch hazel
A light spritz of QED da Vinci Water
A small dab of Proraso Liquid Cream

full

I never put the witch hazel in my SotDs, as it isn't "shave chic" but it definitely is a part of my daily shave (an invaluable one), so I thought I'd throw her in this pic (as utilitarian and un-sexy as it may be).

-Nick

Nick said:
...SNIP...
I never put the witch hazel in my SotDs, as it isn't "shave chic" but it definitely is a part of my daily shave (an invaluable one), so I thought I'd throw her in this pic (as utilitarian and un-sexy as it may be).

-Nick
Hi Nick,
I find the DaVinci Water gives me a slight level of astringency and thereby overcomes the need for items such as witch hazel.

guenron said:
Hi Nick,
I find the DaVinci Water gives me a slight level of astringency and thereby overcomes the need for items such as witch hazel.
Ron,

While hydrosols are toners, I really like to scrub away on my face after shaving (pads in the background of the pic), to take care of any left over flotsam and jetsam, and because my face loves to grow pimples when I'm not vigilant, and a pad soaked with witch hazel really lets me do this. On the other hand, I really enjoy the smell of the da Vinci h2o, and the refreshing feel of it, and like to let it sit on my skin (it also helps thin out proraso cream really good for a smooth, thin, even distribution). Overkill? Probably, but isn't that the name of the game? :biggrin:

-Nick

Nick said:
Ron,

While hydrosols are toners, I really like to scrub away on my face after shaving (pads in the background of the pic), to take care of any left over flotsam and jetsam, and because my face loves to grow pimples when I'm not vigilant, and a pad soaked with witch hazel really lets me do this. On the other hand, I really enjoy the smell of the da Vinci h2o, and the refreshing feel of it, and like to let it sit on my skin (it also helps thin out proraso cream really good for a smooth, thin, even distribution). Overkill? Probably, but isn't that the name of the game? :biggrin:

-Nick
Ah, too be young again...:a12:

A little late posting, but took my new to me 1934 Gillette Aristocrat for its first spin in about 75 years (based on the latest date coded blade in the blade bank).
Audible feedback was great, like the OC is an amplifier or something...
Got a great two pass DFS with no nicks or irritation.
For those not in the know, this is THE first TTO ever made, a true piece of history I'm proud to be the caretaker of.
Razor: 1934 gen1 Aristocrat
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Colonel Conk best badger
Soap: Proraso white
Scuttle: Dirty Bird
AS/Cologne Bleu de Chanel

20210912_184615.jpg

Top Bottom