Jerry

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Vision withg Feather PtInox
Savile Row 3128 Silvertip
Vico Turmeric Ayurvedic Shave Cream with sandalwood oil
Vico Turmeric Ayurvedic Skin Cream with sandalwood oil
Crabtree and Evelyn Sandalwood Eau de Toilette

*AMAZING, I had forgotten how close the Vision shaves.. The Vico creams make it a great deal more pleasant. :thumbup1:

Shower: Asquith and Somerset Coconut Creme Bar, Baxters shampoo, conditioner, and face wash

Shave:
Merkur Futur with Merkur blade
T&H ebony super badger
Taylors (old) Avocado
Em's Cucumber AS Splash
D.R. Harris Aftershaving Milk

Musgo Real Agua de Colonia #2 Oak Moss :drool:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Futur with Derby blade (virgin shave w/razor)
Nancy Boy Cream
Thayer's Lavender in an atomizer
Nancy Boy Aftershave

simple and great! stubbly but I took it easy for the first time.

guenron said:
*AMAZING, I had forgotten how close the Vision shaves.. . :thumbup1:

My sentiments exactly Ron! My shave yesterday was the first in a few weeks with my Vision and what an amazingly close shave it was. The other thing I notice is the fact I have to concentrate more while shaving to keep all my skin intact! I can get sloppy with my fixed Merkurs or my Gillettes but the Vision demands more concentration and better technique or it makes me pay! :yikes:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Edwin Jagger for C&E brush
Merkur HD with a feather
Trumper violet cream
Proraso a/s splash
Proraso crema liquida

guenron said:
Vision withg Feather PtInox
Savile Row 3128 Silvertip
Vico Turmeric Ayurvedic Shave Cream with sandalwood oil
Vico Turmeric Ayurvedic Skin Cream with sandalwood oil
Crabtree and Evelyn Sandalwood Eau de Toilette

*AMAZING, I had forgotten how close the Vision shaves.. The Vico creams make it a great deal more pleasant. :thumbup1:

Ron, how do you like the smell of it? Once it gets lathered up (and it lathers up very well) the funny smell seems to go away. How did it shave as well?

Zirh "Clean" Pre-wash
Merkur Vision
Shavemac XL Silvertip Brush
Tabac Soap :thumbup1:
Zirh "Soothe" ASB
Tabac EDT :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Kiss My Face Cool Mint Shave Goo
Vulfix 2234 Super Badger
Gillette Fusion Power - 1 down pass, one up pass, plus a lot of touch up.
Proraso ASB

An excellent shave with using the Fusion and KMF for the first time ever. No irritation. B^2 smooth but boring. Not much feedback with this shave; physical, aural, or olfactory. It will be interesting to see what kind of life I get out the the Fusion cartridge.

Edwin Jagger DE w/ Feather Platinum Blade
Simpsons Polo 10 in Super
Truefitt&Hill Trafalgar Shave Cream
QEDman DaVinci Water
Hydrolast Lime/Green Tea Aftershave Balm

Gillette Aristocrat razor
Vulfix shave brush
Trumpers Violet shave cream
Trumpers Coral skin food
Trumpers Royal EDT

AACJ said:
Ron, how do you like the smell of it? Once it gets lathered up (and it lathers up very well) the funny smell seems to go away. How did it shave as well?
It's absolute turmeric! I love it.. I have a tube of the skin cream brought back from India by a dear friend. Used it as a balm, FANTASTIC! Great, close shave!
Too bad I don't have more!:biggrin:

guenron said:
It's absolute turmeric! I love it.. I have a tube of the skin cream brought back from India by a dear friend. Used it as a balm, FANTASTIC! Great, close shave!
Too bad I don't have more!:biggrin:

Ron,

So you mean it's really supposed to smell like that?:tongue_sm

Whew!! I do smell the Sandalwood in it, but its overpowered by the Tumeric. I think its a food seasoning, isn't it?

AACJ said:
Ron,

So you mean it's really supposed to smell like that?:tongue_sm

Whew!! I do smell the Sandalwood in it, but its overpowered by the Tumeric. I think its a food seasoning, isn't it?
From Vicco Labs:
From times immemorial, Turmeric, commonly known as 'haldi', has been used by the Ayurvedic and the Unani practitioners in India as a stomachie, tonic and a blood purifier. It is also used as an antiperiodic and alterative. Turmeric mixed with warm milk is a household remedy and is said to be beneficial in common cold. The fresh juice from the rhizome, a paste prepared from it or a decoction made from the plant, is often used as a local application as well as internally in the treatment of leprosy, snakebite, vomiting of pregnancy and affections of the liver. Murray advocate its use in troublesome diarrhoeas.

Baden Powell (Founder of the Boy Scouts) found it to be effective in intermittent fevers and dropsy. The fresh juice from the rhizomes is believed to have antiparasitic property in many skin affections. Externally it is used for indolent ulcers and a paste made from the powdered rhizomes along with caustic lime forms a soothing remedy for inflamed joints. A decoction made from the rhizome is said to relieve pain of purulent opthalmia. It is still a common practice in India to use a piece of cloth soaked in turmeric solution for wiping away discharges of acute conjunctivitis and ophthalmia. Finely powdered turmeric mixed with alum forms a common household remedy for otorrhoea. A thick watery paste of turmeric is used for sprinkling on many auspicious occasions amongst the Hindus in this country in place of saffron because of its colour. The smoke produced by sprinkling powdered turmeric over glowing charcoal is said to relieve pain to scorpion bite.
As far as your "Desire" for sandalwood, I direct you here!

:thumbdown: Bloody shave today...

I think it was the cheap, edgeless cerrus blade, I throw it by the next time in the trash....:mad3:

-Merkur Classic
-Saint Charles brush
-ARKO shaving soap
-Swiss Pitralon A/S
-Haslinger Ringelblume (marigold or calendula) A/S balm

Thomas

Edwin Jagger brush
Dovo straight razor
Barber Salon shaving soap (it's been a while since I used it)
Lubriderm unscented
Mennen Skin Bracer original aftershave

:lol: it's a good thing, I got up early so this way, I had time for a nice barbershop kind of shave.

Jeff

Tomorrow morning will be:

Proraso pre/post
Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort shave cream
Shavemac XXL horn handle
Pacific Shave Oil
Futur with Merkur blade
Em's cucumber A/S splash
CAR Peppermint A/S "conditioner"

Jack Black "Black Mark" EdP

full

Shavemac Silvertip Brush