What's new

👖 🔵 🫐 “SOTD - I’VE GOT THE BLUES! Theme Week” January 17th, 2022 to January 23rd, 2022 👖 🔵 🫐

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Next week’s Theme…

“B&B Subforums”
. Choose another B&B subforum and incorporate into your shots. I.E. Whisky, watches, footwear, pipes or cigars, knives, music, etc.

@KeenDogg posted a great theme idea and let’s run with it! Thread will be live late tonight!

Also, please keep posting your great SOTD theme ideas in the stickied thread above or just send me an IM.
Woooooot!

SOTD, Saturday, January 22nd, 2022

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
D.R. Harris Windsor shave soap + Merkur badger brush
Friedellko 5/8" "Saturday" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
D.R. Harris Windsor aftershave

proxy.php

SOTD, Saturday, January 22nd, 2022

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
D.R. Harris Windsor shave soap + Merkur badger brush
Friedellko 5/8" "Saturday" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
D.R. Harris Windsor aftershave​
Love the look of that brush!

Loved this week's theme and everyone's variety of accoutrement.

IMG_5288.JPG

Razor: Rockwell 6S in Blue, R6 plate
Blade: Super-Max Platinum
Brush: AP Shave 24mm SilkSmoke knot with Blue Lagoon handle
Bowl: Captain's Choice Seaworthy Lather Bowl - Starry Night
Soap: Barrister & Mann Mélange Shave Soap
Aftershave: Thayers Facial Toner, Barrister & Mann Mélange Aftershave Balm

Sorry the Big Ben didn’t work out for you. You never know until you try though.
No worries, my friend. I knew it would take a bit of trial and error to find the blades that work best for me. That's the beauty of winning PIFs and participating in the Great Blade Exchange. I've already found several blades that I'm very partial to using and will keep in my repertoire for the foreseeable future.

Head shave~
Prep: Hot shower, Proraso mint & rosemary beard scrub, Proraso rinfrescante beard shampoo (on beard and scalp).
Pre: coconut oil
Cream: Proraso Red
Brush: Yaqui Sagrada Familia synthetic
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto
Blade: King C. Gillette
AS: Thayer’s WH, Proraso Red balm
Beard care: Luxurious Bastard’s Dark Bastard oil, Honest Amish balm.
Soundtrack: Sun Ra Arkestra - Swirling

Two passes, WTG, ATG + touch ups.
I snagged the King C. Gillette razor on Amazon since it’s so cheap but I’m still honeymooning with my new Fatip so I haven’t tried the razor yet but I was anxious to try the new Gillette blades so I strapped one onto the FOCS and got to work. It provided a smooth sharp shave. I’m impressed with these blades but since the price is comparably so high I might just keep a few tucks around to use once in a while/ special occasions. This was my first lather with a Yaqui brush. It sure is a handsome handle but I prefer my Semogue boars. I like the scritch. But it’s good to have a synth so I can let the piggies dry out between shaves. 10/10 BBS, no nicks cuts or weepers.

Attachments

• 7335C26F-D922-4253-8C6D-DE55CCD2A5E9.jpeg
    7335C26F-D922-4253-8C6D-DE55CCD2A5E9.jpeg
    949.4 KB · Views: 11
IMG_20220123_122834350.jpg

Blue Theme SOTD - Sunday Afternoon Jan 23, 2022

Razor:
1958 Gillette Ball End Tech - always use to test new soaps & creams, nothing beats a tech
Blade: GSB (2) - consistent good performance from russian gillette blades
Cream: Barbasol 1919 Classic Shaving Cream - fresh scent, very slick, excellent razor glide, good post shave feel
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger After Shave, Nivea Maximum Hydration Post Shave Balm - good combo
Growth: 54 hours
Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG
Rating: 9.4/10

Results: I shaved for the first time with Barbasol 1919 Classic Shaving Cream. In 1919, Barbasol invented the very first no brush, no lather, no rub-in shaving cream. Barbasol 1919 is their fresh take on the original. Nice fresh scent. Very slick & excellent razor glide. Moisturized post shave feel. Achieved a DFS result. No cuts, nicks, tugging or irritation. Very Good Shave! I use super slicks mainly for Pre-Shave to improve razor glide. But first, I always shave with the super slick to test its performance. Barbasol 1919 is similar in face feel & performance to my Trader Joe's Cream Shave, Cremo & VDH Shave Butter. However, the judges deducted points when I broke out an old toothbrush to clear the cream that clogs on the razor & blade. First time I've ever had to do that to rinse out cleanly the razor during the shave. Besides pre-shave & shave, you can also add super slicks to your shave bowl to boost the slickness of soaps & creams. I recommend Barbasol 1919 for your dopp kit for travel, gym, work and a fast evening shave before going out.

SinatraLennon, aka Bobby Barbasol

‘ 01/23/2022

PreShave
Tree Hut - coconut/lime oil
Soap
Bees Knees Shave Soap Lavender and Honey
Brush
Pure Badger, from Wicked Rooster Farm
Razor
Edwin Jagger de89
Blade
Tatra Platinum Premium Stainless
Aftershave Balm
Duke Cannon Ice - Cold

A great day and another and another great shave. This one I really had work at, as I had a four days growth to remove. Decided I like the Tatra enough to pick up a hundred of these blades. I mean why not at $9.99 on Amazon.

I’m also going to pull the trigger on some more Shaving Soap from Wicked Rooster Farm. Easy for me to whip up a copious amount of slick lather with this soap!

5C8A6058-173B-4C9A-A712-CE673A8CB67A.jpeg

Friday SOTD
DSC05330 (2).jpg

Razor: Rockwell Gunmetal Model-T V2
Blade: Personna Med Prep (D5)
Brush: Zenith B20 Boar 28mm
Scuttle: Yoresh
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lavender
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Cream: Catie's Bubbles Bailey's Irish Coffee
Balm: Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Captain Joe

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Wow! What a cool OS Mug. Any idea what year that one was made?
Hi, it was made in England by Wade between 1969 and 1984. It is one of the more rare mugs, especially outside of the UK. 👍

SOD Sunday January 30, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: None
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Feather HI Stainless (2)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: None
Balm: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
Have a great Sunday!!
IMG_8766.jpg

Brush: Mozingo 26mm ZT3, these brushes sell for $220.00 and they are worth every penny.

Blade: Polsilver SI (2), as everyone already knows these are wonderful blades

Bowl: Captain’s Large Copper Bowl

Razor: WR2 SS SB 1.25mm w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle

Post Shave: Floid, zero sting 🐝
EAAB11C3-8DB6-4DA7-9B73-3B6967D9387C.jpeg

Doug, 65 in Tucson, Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom