What's new

👖 🔵 🫐 “SOTD - I’VE GOT THE BLUES! Theme Week” January 17th, 2022 to January 23rd, 2022 👖 🔵 🫐

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Jan 17th, 2022, ASRazor shave this morning.

Razor: Everready streamline 2nd generation- Mfg in Great Britain 1949-53, upper mid range, Just eye candy for a ASR razor IMO. Built to last, heavy duty base plate, great handle. You can receive excellent shaves once you dial the streamliner in, took a while but lately I have been cranking out nice shaves for well over a year. Not a recommended razor for a newbie until you learn how to use other ASRazors IMO to fully enjoy it's shaving capability. I like to use this razor when blade count is higher also, just a smoother shave for myself it seems.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Speick stick, excellent triple milled soap, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi mountain lake handle, 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow soft tips, perfect scrub, great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
Result: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my ER streamline with a Gem coated blade.
(It don't get much better than this!)
SOTD Jan 17 , 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Maybe there could be an announcement of the upcoming theme on Sunday?
@SharpieB

Besides, did you post a review on your interesting head to head shave?
LOL. If I did a head to head shave with a SR or DR, I would look like the Mummy!

Jahe, that is a great idea. I have posted the following week’s theme early a couple of times but I will ensure I do it every Sunday moving forward. Thanks!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Maybe there could be an announcement of the upcoming theme on Sunday?
@SharpieB

Besides, did you post a review on your interesting head to head shave?
Sunday won’t help unless it’s super early in the day. In usually a morning forum reader. 😎

I will post my head to head Wolfman results later. I want to see how the results pan out in a few hours. It’ll be in the Wolfman ordering thread most likely.

Razor: STAR - Silver Tone DE 1946-1959
Blade: The City Loan - Monthly Payment Shave (1st)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Pre-Shave: Proraso Sensitive Skin
Lather: Proraso White (Sensitive Skin)
Aftershave: Fine - American Blend
F37D4D73-8E22-4ADF-BA24-DABDC221BBF6.jpeg

Bank Proactively Intervenes on my R.A.D.
How embarrassing when your shaving hobby incites the bank to crank down on your habits.
When they started doling out my allotment of bank loan blades I almost stomped out taking my debt to another bank…until I had my first shave. Wonderful and blissfully smooth BBS with zero post shave irritation. I know there are members that say vintage (70-80yrs) carbon blades edges deteriorate over time, but I disagree. If the edge looks new and shiny, the shave will be new and shiny. Mind you I do take precautions and clean the blade well before use. I also give it some strops to guarantee smoothness.
I have even come to a conclusion that the STAR DE razor and Proraso White is my preferred combo for testing a vintage carbon blade.

photostudio_1642363392275.jpg

Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog-Pruf Peerless, Gold Washed
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Jayaruh #429 White Rook in two-band badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Heather
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

MLK Day SOTD- two-pass shave, quite nice, CCS+, fairly close and quite smooth:

Razor: Maxwell June twinned DE- the razor is dusk grey, sort of bluish
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp Blue (3 and out)- edge started dulling during my clean up, but the results from this carbon blade were overall very nice and I may buy some carbon blades
Brush: Yaqi 24 mm blue/ivory
Soap: Speick stick

Have a great week!

PXL_20220117_191039127.jpg

Monday 01/17/2022

PreShave
Tree Hut - coconut/lime oil
Soap
Celestial Farms Jasmine
Brush
Shore Shave Synthetic 22mm knot
Razor
Henson AL13
Blade
Feather Hi- Stainless
Aftershave Balm
Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Another great shave BBS no weepers or nicks. That’s the 4th shave I’ve gotten out of that Feather blade. I believe I’ll have one more.

16DC6589-14A2-4BD9-ADAD-E3F3E80BD776.jpeg

Tuesday SOTD
DSC05269.JPG

Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D2)
Brush: EJ XL Horn Silvertip Fibre
Bowl: Black Ship Grooming 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lavender
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: L & L Grooming TSM Fougère
Balm: Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: L & L Grooming TSM Fougère