What's new

👖 🔵 🫐 “SOTD - I’VE GOT THE BLUES! Theme Week” January 17th, 2022 to January 23rd, 2022 👖 🔵 🫐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Rex Supplies - Rex Ambassador.
Blade: Personna - Lab Blue .
Brush: Razorock - Razorock 400 special Edition - Plissoft Noir 24 mm synth.
Shaving Soap: Stirling - Ozark Mountain.
After Shave: Floid - Mentholado Vigoroso.
After Shave Balm: Noxzema.
Bowl: HC&C - Stainless Steel Straight Walls - Black.

Stor IMG_9959.jpg

Sat 22 SOTD
Soap OSP Bayrum
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Very nice bayrum soap. Scent and lather qualities are great!
It's been almost 3 months since this razor was used. Wow...the shave felt very nice...the feedback was great! Razor's edge refreshed every use with pasted balsa strop and today it was keen yet comfortable. 3passes for a dfs/ccs finish. Not bad after more than 1 month of not using a true straight. Gotta be patient.
20220122_104707.jpg

SOTD - Fatip Friday Morning Jan 21, 2022

Razor:
Fatip Piccolo Nickel Open Comb - you can't stop the mighty piccolo, you can only hope to contain him
Blade: GSB (1) - sharp & smooth, the hype is real
Brush: Je&Co Synthetic Brush 24mm Extra Dense Knot - lather monster
Pre-Shave: Cremo Cooling Refreshing Mint Shave Stick - slick, good razor glide & smells great
Cream: Proraso Blue - easy to lather, good cushion, cool menthol, good performer
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue - a classic, smells great, nice menthol cooling
Growth: 65 hours
Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG
Rating: 10/10

Results: In honor of the SOTD Blue theme week, I broke out a Gillette Silver Blue from one of my blade samplers. I've always had very good results with Gillette blades made in Russia. I often use Cremo from the tube. First time using a Cremo Shave Stick as Pre-Shave. Works great. Same product, different form factor. The mighty Piccolo, GSB & Proraso Blue delivered a smooth & comfortable shave. Cold water, bowl lathered, BBS result. No tugging, nicks, cuts & irritation. Great Shave!

IMG_20220120_163339639.jpg

SOTD : 22nd January 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.
Face Lather.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap.
Blade: Treet Black Carbon. (D1)
Razor: Parker 24c.

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Whitewater ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend... Carrying on with the black carbon blade, another great blade from the Treet camp that i have infrequently used.

It's been a while since i last used the parker 24C which paired together with the Treet black carbon blade very nicely with no issues making a smooth non-aggressive combo.

The 24c is my least aggressive OC razor in my den but like all my parker razors it still gives an efficient shave when you apply a steeper shaving angle.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel on it's maiden outing.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
F906363B-6A9B-4B8C-8DF8-1B7AF3E5C69D.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Wilkinson Sword.
3) England: Razor Gillette four piece Tech.
4) Greece: Razor Blade BIC Chrome Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm L’Oréal Men Expert Hydra Power Mountain Water.
7) USA: EDT Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine Cologne.

SOTD​

This morning’s wonderful shave was Eurocentered and quite blue:

The Norwegian made Fitjar Islands Fjellheim (Mountain Home) is a wonderfully scented soap - Fitjar really makes manly scents like noone else, this one smelling like a Scandinavian forest with pine and juniper - on a sunny blue sky day. Perfect for winter shaves.

The British Simpson synthetic Duke 2 with faux sapphire handle is my favorite brush of all, outcompetes everything and lathers any soap hard or soft.

My homebrew blue splash is half Furbo Blu, half Epsilon Blu with added menthol crystals and eucalyptus for that extra cool feel. Decanted in a glass vintage Swedish Swing aftershave bottle. Blue homebrews are my main go-tos, used in 99% of my shaves.

The 1937 Belgian made Liebel DE is remarkably heavy for its age at 95 grams. Chromed brass it is built like a tank but it is surprisingly mild, smooth shaving and perfect. Took me ages to find one and only got it by trading away an equally desired Velvet I.

Have a great weekend, all!

F27A1329-3295-41B0-90F6-0EB939FFCC2D.jpeg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleaner
Soap/Cream
Seaforth Sea Spice Lime
Brush
Simpson Chubby 2 in Best
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
ATT s-1
Blade
Polsilver Super Iridium
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
A different razor and blade today: the ATT S-1 and Polsilver Super Iridium blade. The razor – blade combo was excellent. Using the Seaforth soap for the 6th time. Another wonderful shave. Have a good weekend, folks.

Proraso Beard Exfoliating Paste Mint & Rosemary
MSC Nordic Croco, shaving soap & splash
Fatip Originale Nickel with Willy's blade
Yaqi Atlantis Synthetic Brush

I have something like 20 shaving products (prep/soap/after shave) I use in my circulation. The Proraso after shave splash green and this exfoliating paste are the only products I had to repurchase because I finished them! The exfoliating paste always brings a smile to my face with its natural fragrance of mint and rosemary. Also the texture – like a soft clay – feels much nicer than all the gloop available from other manufacturers.

The Yaqi brush and MSC shaving soap and splash are new in my shaving den. The Yaqi is only my second brusf after the Proraso/Omega boar brush. The brush/soap combination are just fantastic. A 10 seconds swirl in the soap an the amount of supersmooth and dense lather is just phenomenal! The face lathering with the Yaqi is also a thing of beauty. This is really like painting, no brush strokes, just an even layer of lather! I bought two MSC soaps/splashes Nordic Croco and Dark Blue. They are respectively a 're-creation of Davidoff's Cool Water and Hugo Boss Dark Blue. I don't know either of them but I can say that they smell more eau-de-toiletty than other shaving soaps I have used so far (Tabac/Proraso/TOBS/Bundubeard) and especially the splashes (witchhazel, rosewater, glycerin, essential and fragrance oils) last for hours compared to regular after shaves. I did not believe there were shaving soaps around that could beat Tabac/TOBS/Proraso in quality of lather, but this one does! On top of that: 170 Rand for 170 g of soap + 170 Rand for 110 ml of splash = 309 Rand / US$ 20 for the combo.

The Fatip Originale is brand new but it's my 4th Fatip so it's more like visiting an old friend. This is the very cheapest version in nickel (just a tint warmer than chrome!). I was apprehensive about the hollow handle but my fears were not founded. Length/thickness of the handle suits me better than the Piccolo (too thin, just a tad short, very similar balance) and the wood (too long). Open comb, nothing else works for me! If they ever decide to release a stainless steel version, that would be my next Fatip... (and then also a Mühle R41 stainless?)

The Willy's blades don't stop amazing me with their quality. They never seem to get dull. Never had any weepers/nicks/cuts with a Willy's (even in my Mühle R41), something I cannot say about any other blade I have used so far (Feather/Astra Green/Voshkod/Gillette Platinum, Gillette Blue (horrible!), Gillette Perma-Sharp, KAI, Bolzano). And BBS is the only result I expect!

P1011855.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom