What's new

🪒 🐗 🦡 🐴 SOTD - “I Like Big Knots and I Cannot Lie" Theme Week” - October 17th, 2022 to October 23, 2022 🪒 🐗 🦡 🐴

Status
Not open for further replies.
1B3ABBAE-B65C-4DE0-818C-E56AFD94F414.jpeg

Gillette tech
Nacet
Fine
Proraso

💯 😎

20221022_080013.jpg

Razor: Schick G2 Gold filled Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

602C89A3-C7D2-4BC1-8DCC-C0500B78A933.jpeg

Big Knots Week / Tabactober /OCtober

Prep: Nice warm shower

Razor: Gem Micromatic
Blade: Gem Stainless Steel PTFE

Soap: Tabac Original (tallow)
Brush: Van Der Hagen Pure Badger

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Tabac

Keeping with Tabac and Open Comb October I chose one of my Gem Micromatics and some Tabac Original in the bowl.

I did a four-pass shave. One with, one across inward, one across outward and one against. I think this blade is on its fifth or sixth use but held up well. The final result was a sweet bbs shave that satisfied my need for wanting to use a Gem blade.

I hope you all are having a real nice Sunday.

Shave on gentlemen!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Trick or Treet week, MMMonday, Daily Double, OCtober 24th 2022.

Razor : Gillette New long comb(Canadian variant) with a Yaqi orange brass chromed handle I won in a sale raffle, Mfg 1930's when Gillette's new blade design was introduced, mid range, works ok with no drama. This type of carbon blade was used when the first New Gillette razors where first introduced. Worked OK with no drama.
Razor: Gem Micromatic OC button less- Mfg 1930-32 for this model, upper mid range, built to last, mainly used today for my touch ups to see how my 1st experience with a carbon blade would be like. Very enjoyable different shave experience today.
Blade : Treet carbon blade(1) 1st use of a DE carbon blade in 5 years of shaving, sharp & smooth. Not sure on longevity yet.
Treet was part of the umbrella of companies that was part of the American Safety Razor Corporation and was sold off many years later because of market blade changes in the Western world.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE, very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Speick stick- nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. I like this soap slightly better than my Tabac soap . Great enjoyable thick rich excellent lather protection.
Brush : Yaqi "Red Zebra" 26mm snow leopard synthetic knot :001_wub:, excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(carbon) + ATG(carbon) + pickups (Gem Stainless).
Post shave : Razorock King Louis AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gillette New long comb + MMOC with a carbon Treet blade + a coated Gem blade.
SOTD October 24 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom