What's new

🎁 🍾 “SOTD - Holiday Gifts/Purchases and New Years Theme Week” DECEMBER 27th, 2021 - January 2nd, 2022 🥂 🎉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Today is
SUNDAY
2 January, 2022

______

Razor: RR "Lupo" 72
Blade:
Lord "Platinum"

Pre: Noxzema
Gel: Elegance Plus

Splash: Thayer' "Facial Toner"
Made it to 2022. Whoopie.
Cautiously optimistic
about the future.

(Hoagy Carmichael
on Pandora helps.)

Good to be home, though I do
miss my holiday hosts' four dogs.

Received the Thayer's as a gift.
Not really a splash fan, but this
is good stuff. No burn and
no scent to interfere
with today's frag.

Stay healthy,

Bill

IMG_20220102_161756.jpg

8B469879-3CD4-4985-A3F3-38926E8E73F9.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, JANUARY 3, 2022

This morning’s mug shave featured the Bartmann 11/16. The edge on this razor is standout, and although they were only made for 50 years (1948 - 1998) they have achieved almost a cultic following among a select group of wet shavers. I, for the most part, collect one representative razor from each of the brands that interest me. To date, the only exceptions consist of a certain modern artisan’s work and a vintage brand. They are Victor Creazzi’s two razors and my two Thistle Cut razors. I may add Bartmann to that select group.

My mug shave this morning would certainly offer support to the latter feeling. Certain razors just exude quality, and the Bartmann is certainly one of them. If I were ever to get a 7 day set, this is certainly one of the brands I’d consider. The razor is extremely well-balanced, and quite easy to shave with despite a weak Parkinsonian grip. One of the positives of my recent stroke, is that it apparently impacted my upper and lower extremities. I no longer need weights on my arms to straight shave. Whether that’s the result of muscle memory from daily straight shaves over the past few years or not, I welcome it. Two and a half passes and my mug is dolphin smooth.

I’m definitely not a Gillette fanboy, but do prefer the first two generations of their razor designs. The single ring noggin shave yesterday was decent, but today I grabbed my Gillette New Standard, the razor that introduced me to this highly efficient and my favorite Gillette head design. It’s acquisition led to the New LC and New SC blade holders. I really appreciate this safety razor head design. Gillette TTOs just don’t do it for me. My two pass ATG noggin shave with the New Standard left me cool, clean and velveteen from dome to shoulders.

RAZOR: Bartmann 86 11/16 (Mug), Gillette New Standard (Do e)
BLADE: Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Aluminum Handled Monster Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys WH. Finished with Williams Aqua Velva AS Splash (Spanish Version)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, Jan 3rd, 2022

Razor: Everready 1914- MFG 1914-17, 1st Gen blade stops, excellent mid range, great audio feed back, just a joy to use and feeling some history to different times.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (6) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum, sage & cedarwood. nice scent of Bayrum with some clove + great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24 mm boar bristle Ferrari handle, excellent lather generator, soft spilt end hair bristle, nice scrubber + great painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel face cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Everready 1914 with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD, Jan3, 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

52D693BF-B1D0-4F39-80A6-9E344591713D.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, JANUARY 4, 2022

This morning’s shave featured the Gipson Katsumi, which at 14/13, just slightly over 8/8, is the widest blade in my collection. The Katsumi was made by Andrey Shpakovskiy, the proprietor and razorsmith behind Gipson Razor of Kiev, Ukraine as an homage to the Saito SK series of smiling blade razors. It’s half hollow grind is a heavier blade than my SK3, but I certainly can’t argue with the quality of shave it delivers. Two and a half passes left my mug velveteen smooth.

The Gem Model 12 is a proven more than a century old design that owes its origins to the Star razor introduced by the Kampfe Bros. of Brooklyn, New York in 1875. It was one of their employees, Jerry Reichard, who worked for them for 23 years, who then opened his own concern, “The Gem Safety Safety Razor Company”. In 1900 due to increased competitive pressure the company changed its name to “The American Safety Razor Company”.

In 1903 Jerry Reichard left to form the “Yankee Company”. And just three years later in 1906, “American Safety Razor”, “The Yankee Company” and “Kampfe Bros.” merged to form “The Personna Safety Razor Company”, which today is known again as “The American Safety Razor Company”. In any case the Gem Model 12 with its lovely Art Deco handle is a wonderfully efficient, well-balanced shaver which left my dome glassine smooth after the usual two ATG passes.

RAZOR: Gipson Katsumi 14/13 (Mug), Gem Model 12 (Dome)
BLADE: Pella PTFE Gem
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rearden Razor 316L SS Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys WH. Finished with Williams AQUA Velva AS Splash (Spanish Version)

Feather Kamisori

Kai captain mild

Raymond Premium Eau De Cologne

Ritesh shave soap

Today the lather dissipated after first pass so got a good reason to reload and use some more

This time the secret cool feature got activated.

With cold water the lather was even more chilling

Happy Martyr's day✊🇮🇳

Attachments

• 06623BE0-55AA-4679-9738-1C823FFB4337.jpeg
    06623BE0-55AA-4679-9738-1C823FFB4337.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom