What's new

🎁 🍾 “SOTD - Holiday Gifts/Purchases and New Years Theme Week” DECEMBER 27th, 2021 - January 2nd, 2022 🥂 🎉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we are in yet another SOTD Theme Week and the first going into 2022! Let’s see the Christmas/Holiday gifts you received, anything you have bought over the holidays or incorporate a New Years theme!

The lovely Amazon shaving kits or glycerin soaps the wife and kids have you, a SOTD showing your favourite beverage to ring in 2022 with, etc.

Per usual, if you don’t have anything themed… post pics of your shave or just tell us about it or tell us what you are looking forward to in 2022!

As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

All the best in 2022!

Menthol Monday SOTD
DSC05129 (2).jpg

Razor: Hiram Commander
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (D1)
Brush: Savile Row 3330
Bowl: Junichi Tanaka 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lavender
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Neumann Absolute Zero
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Neumann Absolute Zero

PreShave
Tree Hut - coconut/lime oil
Soap
Bees Knees shave soap lavender & honey
Brush
Pure badger from Wicked Rooster Farm
Razors
Viking Chieftain + Gillette U-4 made in England
Blade
Gillette 7 O’CLOCK permasharp stainless
Aftershave Balm
Nivea Men Post Shave Cooling Balm

Did my own shopping lol, at my age you get to do that. Picked up four brushes (you can see them below) and some shave soap. The soap and the brush on the right came from Wicked Rooster Farm. I used that brush and soap in tonight’s shave. I decided to go with my Viking Chieftain instead of my EJ de 89. I used the tiny Gillette I picked up and restored.

I say restored, but actually all I had to do was give it a good cleaning with Dawn dish detergent and a toothbrush 🪥 and polish it up with a polishing cloth. I also swapped out the handle for a smaller one.

I dubbed the little Gillette “Tiny Tim”, I use it to get the hard to reach places under my nose, corner of my lips. What a fantastic shave, can’t believe how much I’m enjoying this and how much I’ve progressed. Sorry for rambling, I didn’t intend to blabber on.

25330769-D1EF-4BB6-A3E6-FC480468FB91.jpeg

Mon 27 SOTD
Soap Shannon's Soap BarberShop
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Feather AC Clone
Blade Feather ProGuard 8th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
A very nice soap! Nice scent, good creamy and very slick lather...great!!
This razor is very nice + easy to use, paired with this blade which I thought the time is up...turns out into a grand shave! The blade is still ever so smooth and still very efficient in 3passes gave me a bbs finish. Perhaps because I have more time and took it slower...Aftershaves were impressively great for freezing my face...😆
20211227_123931.jpg

20211226_144353-01.jpeg
SOTD #304/2021
27-12-2021

>> DecemBOAR, day 27 <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura Taj
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Hipster
Razor: Gillette Super Speed Red Tip
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (1)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap ~ Hipster AS.

Happy shaves, y'all!

SOD Monday December 27, 2021
New Years Eve Dram: Bunnahabhain 12

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Fendrihan
Pre shave: None
Lather: Proraso Red (76)
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Red Rinfrescante
Balm: Proraso Red Dopobarba
Have a great day!
IMG_8556.jpg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleaner
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscented
Brush
Omega 81052 Boar
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
I know it may sound like heresy, but I told my wife and relatives no shaving goodies this year. I have too many soaps, creams, etc. However, last year I did get the TOBS Sandalwood fragrance I used today. I Switched to my Feather AS-D2 razor loaded with a fresh Feather blade. For me, the Feather/Feather combination is excellent. The Ethos soap, as usual, did a superb job. A nice, easy, shave this a.m. Have a good day and week, gents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom