What's new

🎁 🍾 “SOTD - Holiday Gifts/Purchases and New Years Theme Week” DECEMBER 27th, 2021 - January 2nd, 2022 🥂 🎉

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOD Sunday January 2, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Fendrihan
Pre shave: None
Lather: Proraso Red (78)
Razor: Feather As-D2
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Feather (2)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Red Rinfrescante
Balm: Proraso Red Dopobarba
Have a great day!!

IMG_8620.jpg

6CC00512-419C-42F2-A3DA-F9A9082BFF92.jpeg

4BBEE169-E2AF-4785-B3DB-3F0126E1604E.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, JANUARY 2, 2022

Jacque David II Lecoultre, the founder of the LeCoultre replaceable blade razors, was born in 1781 in Sentier, France into a successful blacksmithing business started by his father. He and his son, Antonin started by making razors for their large family that had originally settled in the Sentier region in 1593. Antonin spent a few years in the 1820s in Geneva, Switzerland studying clock and watch-making. In 1830 LeCoultre et Fils, a razor and watch/clock making firm was founded.

Antonin’s training led him to develop one of, if not the first, replaceable blade shaving razors. Their presentation of their razors and watches at the Great London Exhibition of 1851 was very well received by visiting North American agents. The razors were rather expensive in their day and tended to be sold in jewelry stores along with Antonin’s watches and clocks. The razors were produced and sold successfully through the end of the 19th century. Antonin’s luxury watch and clockmaking business continues to this day.

My shave this morning with my 1860s vintage LeCoultre Frameback N2 was excellent. A previous owner flattened out the ends of the scales. I may round them back out at some point, but the magnificent shave it delivers is unaffected by scale esthetics. The N2 blade currently attached holds a fabulous edge and delivered an incredible two and a half pass mug shave that left me happily velveteen smooth.

Gillette’s first safety razor model, the famed and highly sought after “Double Ring” was quickly replaced after one year of production by the Single Ring in 1905, although it was actually known just as the “Gillette Razor” for the first decade of production. I have two Single Rings, both of which date to the first year of production. They shave well, but don’t hold a candle to the Gillette New LC, my hands down favorite Gillette blade holder. Two ATG noggin passes left me velveteen smooth from dome to neck.

RAZOR: Lecoultre Frameback N2 (Mug), Gillette Single Ring [1905] (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 with 26mm Boar Knot Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

20220102_112743-01.jpeg
SOTD #002/2022
02-01-2022

We are having guests at home today, so I had enough time for a quick two pass shave. A nice and efficient one - the combo of Karve CB SB F-plate and the sharp Gillette Wilkinson Sword on the 4th use provided a very close shave. 😀

Enjoy your Sunday, y'all!

Razor: Henson - Ti22 +++.
Blade: LOI -Titanium.
Brush: Yaqi - Janus - 26mm Synth.
Shaving Soap: Wickham Soap Co - 1912 - Irish Fern.
After Shave: Mennen - SkinBracer.
Moisturizing Cream: CereVE - Moisturizing Cream.
Bowl: HC&C - SS PVD Straight walls .

STOR IMG_9849.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday shave, Jan 2nd 2021

Razor: Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> tame mid range, good daily driver, very enjoyable. Use a wash cloth to assembly parts over because of small head pieces.
Blade: Schick P30 (1) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood, nice Bayrum scent with some clove, excellent lather qualities. The soap foams differently than most soaps IMO.(misted)
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + great painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel cleanse, Ogallala Bayrum + sandal wood :001_wub: nice sweet Bayrum with some clove+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur with a Schick P30.
SOTD, Jan2, 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: King C Gillette (2)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice copper
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Lather: Art of Shaving Peppermint
Balm: Taylor of Old Bond Street Mr. Taylor’s Luxury
Aftershave: Halston Z 14

Attachments

• 45FB0896-9E99-4573-814C-D7F88930D043.jpeg
    45FB0896-9E99-4573-814C-D7F88930D043.jpeg
    432.2 KB · Views: 6
20220101_094320.jpg

Razor: Gem Junior Traveller Set
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Maurer & Wirtz 4711 Aftershave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Sunday 1/2/22 SOTD:

DFS result, no mishaps- hadn't done a TOBS shave in a long time; it was fun:

Razor: SS Chinese made DE head on a Tradere SS handle- razor shaved fine
Blade: Nacet (2)- nice sharp blade
Brush: Simpson Special in pure- bowl lathered today to help the break it in
Cream: TOBS Jermyn St- pulled this out of the cupboard
Post-shave: cold rinse and TOBS Jermyn St ASB and cologne

Have a great week!

PXL_20220102_184321796.jpg

SOTD, Sunday, January 2nd, 2022

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
The Art of Shaving badger brush and oud shave cream
Friedellko 5/8" "Sunday" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
The Art of Shaving bourbon amber cologne

(as before, until the bugs get fixed, hit 'reply' to show image from imgur! sorry!)

proxy.php

Razor: Gillette Single Ring (Canada)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Carrot Handle Synthetic(26mm)
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Lather: Stirling - Pharaoh’s Dreamsicle
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann - Seville
F5BC4477-1CF3-4CFF-9AF9-8D8E21E5C418.jpeg

Orange is the new…orange.
My second shave with this single ring Gillette razor, but with a different blade. Although this razor does shave me nice and close, I still find that that the open comb makes for a slightly rougher ride than my Gillettes with a safety bar. No it wasn’t awful or painful or anything, but your post shave senses know you were shaved with a razor. I decided not to strive for a BBS, but I came pretty damn close with only two passes. I think when Using this razor in the future, I’ll deploy my slickest soap bases such as PAA CK6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom