What's new

🎁 🍾 “SOTD - Holiday Gifts/Purchases and New Years Theme Week” DECEMBER 27th, 2021 - January 2nd, 2022 🥂 🎉

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Here is my last shave of 2021 and it was great. The end of 2020 and beginning of 2021 were rough times as I lost my mother and step-father to Covid. The rest of the year wasn't as bad, but naturally I'm hoping to not watch loved ones suffer and die from this terrible virus in 2022.

View attachment 1386885
Peace be with them and hold fast hope for better days.

I reached my 100th straight razor today. I love the control one has the the SR! It’s the closest shave to date. My normal experience with SR shaving is less skin irritation. Today, I had more skin irritation (still more to learn!)

Razor: Thiers-Issard Le Dandy Straight Razor, 6/8”, round point
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket 26mm Synthetic, Suave Knot
Soap: Stirling Sheep
Post shave: The Cool Fix, L’Occitane Soothing Case After Shave Balm, PAA Speakeasy EDP
Support: Captain Choice Lather Bowl, shave mug Dad used (hand painted by his mother), Brooklyn Bamboo Towel, Wax Industries Alum Bar, Herold Soligen Razor Strop

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Awesome, man! Have you tried keeping a journal in the Journal and Diaries section yet? It's a great way to track your progress. I think you'd like it.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Preshave: Proraso red
Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3-OC
Blade: Schick Proline #7
Brush: Vikings Blade White Knight
Soap: Grooming Department Aion
Aftershave: Stirling Intrepid Man

I haven't shaved with the Hawk for maybe 6 months. I keep it around because I like experimenting with it.

Close shave, but got some irritation on my neck. Need a few more shaves to get dialed in, again.

- Brush: Zenith boar (received today)
- Razor: Wolfman WR2 (new handle from my son for Christmas)
- Blade: Gillette Super Thin (new and binned immediately) then Gillette Rubie (2)
- Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch (new today)
- Aftershave: Versace Eros balm (new Christmas gift from the kids)
- Post Shave: Thayers Unscented, Hyaluronic Acid
- Scent: Versace Eros EDT (new)

Lots of new stuff today. 👍

Have a great and safe New Year’s, all!

E2AEF77B-A755-4E85-B8A1-F0A138757D68.jpeg

Here is my last shave of 2021 and it was great. The end of 2020 and beginning of 2021 were rough times as I lost my mother and step-father to Covid. The rest of the year wasn't as bad, but naturally I'm hoping to not watch loved ones suffer and die from this terrible virus in 2022.

View attachment 1386885
I am very sorry for your loss Pat, I wish that they are always resting in peace, and that you have a much more positive and happier year ahead 🙏 :)

PreShave
Tree Hut - coconut/lime oil
Cream
Proraso green tea and oatmeal
Brush
Shore Shave pure badger
Razor
Edwin Jagger de89
Blade
Kai Stainless Steel
Aftershave Balm
Duke Cannon After Shave Balm - Ice Cold

Final shave for the year was definitely memorable. Probably wasn’t a good idea to go with a new (to me) shaving cream the same night I try a Kai blade. Good thing I decided to go with my Edwin Jagger de 89, could’ve been ugly if I went with the Viking Chieftain. Drew blood for the first time in awhile.

Nicked a mole and blood 🩸 🩸 🩸 was was squirting everywhere the mirror, sink, my T-shirt was soaked in blood 🩸. Just kidding but it did bleed pretty good. Then had a little weeper on me chin. Almost gave up on it but no, I decided to tough it out and did a second pass slow and steady no more nics or cuts. Then a cold water rinse. Then hit the alum block and the mole was still weeping. So I did as my dad use to do and tore of a small bit of toilet paper and stuck it on there.

Funny the things we remember, I remember one night my dad was walking around with TP stuck all over his face.

New Year's SOTD
a9d118b1-7613-43fb-a89c-034090afb0e3.jpg

Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (D6)
Brush: Paladin PK-47 26mm Blonde Badger
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery Sheet Metal
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lavender
Pre-Shave Oil: Art of Shaving Sandalwood
Shave Soap: Art of Shaving Sandalwood
Balm: Art of Shaving Sandalwood
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Santal Auster

01/01/22 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Monstroso Moroccan Argan Oil Body Soap - Epic Festive Fall Scent
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Son of Honeysuckle Conditioning Shampoo Puck - Summer Seasonal
Phoenix Shaving The Original Chill Mill - Menthol Grinder
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements First Night [On Planet Earth] Artisan Shaving Soap Original Formula
AP Shave Co. Shaving Brush with 30mm Cashmere Knot and Ivory Gold Flake Handle
Captian's Choice Copper Lather Bowl - Obsidian
Merkur 34C HD Razor
Phoenix Shaving Platinum Strangelet Super Sharps Double Edge Blades - 1st Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Lavender Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements First Night [On Planet Earth] Artisan Aftershave Cologne
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements St Martin's Land Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength
B IMG_0330.jpg

Sat 1st New Year SOTD - Wishing all B&B Members a Happy New Year! Wishing all to be safe, be healthy & have great shaves!!
Soap The Los Angeles Shaving Soap Co Topanga Fougere
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Proraso Green Splash
The soap is great! Just a little turns into a beautiful cone of creamy and slick lather with a nice scent too!
A very good shave with this razor paired with the blade. Easy, smooth, and very efficient in 3passes for a bbs result. Good aftershaves to go with it.
20220101_102432.jpg

SOTD : 1st January 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Cream.
Blade: Sunny Supreme Stainless. (D1)
Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Floid Mentolado Vigoroso ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

New year's day shave.

Happy New Year to all members of Badger & Blade, wishing you all peace good health, happiness & contentedness for 2022.

Double maiden shave with the Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Cream and the Indian Sunny Supreme Stainless blade.

During the Christmas break i had a sort out in my shaving den and picked out various assortments that i have infrequently used in the past some i have yet to try out...Over the next month or even longer, i will be be using a variety of subcontinent DE blades along with an array of new shaving assortments that i got from myself family,& friends as Christmas presents.

Starting with the Sunny supreme stainless a new addition to my growing DE blade collection... Like a lot of the subcontinent DE blades they are not the sharpest of blades but are super smooth which is something i prefer over excessive sharpness in a blade.

I was curious to pair the Sunny SS with my FaTip Grande the verdict?...A great razor and blade duo, which in all honesty i wasn't sure if it would have worked but it did wonderfully, feeling comfortably smooth and efficient.

The Proraso Sandalwood Shaving cream provided a wonderful slick protective lather in a short space of time....I enjoy the fragrance of the cream which like the soap sibling isn't a 'In Your Face' scent but lingers during and after the shave.

A close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups new year's day shave to start the year off in style...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and have a wonderful new years day ladies & gentlemen. 😎

Hopefully things will get better with the COVID madness...Enough said. Yours-Barry.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
DA4959DB-3F3D-4BB3-892F-F2D94017909D.jpeg

1) China: Brush Jack the Barber Synthetic.
2) China: Shaving Cream Jack the Barber Sandalwood Shaving Cream.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Greece: Razor Blade BIC Chrome Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Malaysia: Aftershave Lotion Nelum Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion.
7) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom