Bowl: Doug Smith 5" Shaving Mug
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: Tiki 1920's Barber Shoppe
Aftershave: Tiki 1920's Barber Shoppe

SOTD : 28th October 2021.

32.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Semogue 1470.
Face Lather.
Lather : Eco Warrior Bergamot & lime Shaving Bar.
Blade: Parker Premium Platinum. (D4)
Razor: Parker 87r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Osmanli Turkish Lemon Eau De Cologne./Wilko Fruits Lemon & Black Pepper Body Butter.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

The Eco Warrior soap bar provided a wonderful slick lather rubbing it directly into my stubble like a shave stick, then started to build up a lather with my damp Semogue 1470 adding water to the tips of the brush to get the lather to the consistency that i prefer.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Wilko Lemon & Black Pepper Body Butter.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. 😎

Thu 28 SR SOTD
Soap Yaqi PinaColada Chillers (aka Master Soap Creations) New & 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
The soap smells good off the tub..pineapple and menthol. The lather was great...very cooling, nice scent...the strength just nice. It was nicely creamy and quite slick too...no regrets!
Shave with the razor was very nice...great contrast to hear and feel the thin hollow edge after a few sessions with a wedge. The razor was keen yet smooth and very comfortable. 3passes for a dfs result. Aftershaves were excellent.
20211028_135956.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
D18EE2E9-9649-4B87-8BD5-94B42120EB7B.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tabac and done.
3) Multinational: Razor Schick Extreme 3 Sensitive Disposable. Blades made in the USA and packaged in China.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Australia: Aftershave Balm Ecopure Man Soothing Aftershave Balm.
6) USA: Cologne Calvin Klein CK IN2U Him Cologne.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Hive Moaksoft HD Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 72 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

EF1FA208-2A91-4A53-A8F3-CBE7AA8FDC23.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 28, 2021

As we wind down on OC October, I decided to pull out some classics for this morning’s mug and noggin shaves. One of the first razors I acquired was this Puma 88. I was looking for a round toed 5/8 and this razor was offered up in trade a few years ago for two of my Gillette TTOs, a Super Speed and a Blue Tip. As far as I was concerned we both came away happy. The edge on this hollow ground Solingen blade is superb, and two and a half passes with some final flatblading this morning attested to this fact, leaving me porcelain smooth.

I always enjoy shaving with this Gem Model 1912. There’s just something about the great-looking Art Deco handle and it’s heft in hand that just feels right to me. I enjoy my DEs, but really like the rigidity a Gem blade provides. Blade chatter isn’t a concept that makes sense with respect to Gems, injector or AC blades, and is the reason I dumped the Blue Tip and Super Speed. The only DEs I have all clamp the blade well and still any chatter. This little vintage razor put the baby to bed on my noggin in two silent ATG passes, leaving me velveteen smooth from shoulders to dome.

RAZOR: Puma 88 5/8 (Mug), Gem Model 1912
BLADE: Pella PTFE Gem
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Rosewood Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Fine Lavender Pour Homme AS Splash.

20211024_110431-01.jpeg
SOTD #260/2021
28-10-2021

>> SOCTOBER / OCtober <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue TSN 2020 LE 3-band silvertip badger
Soap: Ariana and Evans ~ Spartacus
Razor: Mühle R41
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (5)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Ariana and Evans ~ Spartacus ASL, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Aqua Creme.

Happy shaves, y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom