What's new

🎃 👻 🦇 🎃 SOTD - “Halloween”Theme Week - October 24th, 2022 to October 30th, 2022 🎃 👻 🦇 🎃

Status
Not open for further replies.
full

Razor: RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Blade: King C. Gillette
Brush: Simpson Berkeley 46 - Best badger
Soap: Speick (Tallow stick grated into bowl)
Post Shave: Duke Cannon, After-Shave Balm

10/27/22
Col. Conk Almond
Mathew Marting Silver Tip
9/16 Johann Blankenagel "Alcoso"
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Clubman Original
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Montblanc Individuel
SOTD10-27-22.jpg

10/28/22
Tabac
Shavemac Custom Silver Tip
Muhle R41 (2013)
Personna Red (3)
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Art of Shaving Kingsman Bourbon Balm
Dolce & Gabbana The One
SOTD10-28-22.jpg

10/29/22
Speick Shave Stick
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
5/8 Dovo-Inox
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
Speick
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Versace Pour Homme
SOTD10-29-22.jpg

E9E4C3CE-DAF1-4ADC-A1B9-76807ED96AF8.jpeg

Halloween Week / Trick or Treet Week / OCtober

Prep: P.A.A. Cube 2.0

Razor: Alpha Shaving Works Bandit (prototype) w/ (no lather drains) open comb base plate
Blade: Treet Classic

Soap: Stirling Soap Co. - Ramblin' Man
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w / Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave Balm: Stirling Soap Co. - Ramblin' Man
Aftershave Splash: Guerlain Vetiver (used a while afterward)

Today's shave is brought to you buy this Happy (meal) bunch. Let me introduce you to McPunk'n, McGoblin and McBoo.

Some of you may remember these or some of the other variations but these Halloween buckets are very nostalgic toe. So, when McDonald's announced they were bringing them back, I just had to have them.

For today's shave I'm getting one last dance with this absolutely beautiful Bandit by Alpha Shaving Works. Seeing as it's still Open Comb October and that I love this razor's open comb base plate, choosing it was an easy decision.

I paired the razor with the Treet Classic blade that's now quickly becoming a favorite of mine. This shave is the third run with the blade and it performed superbly.

I did a four-pass shave, not so much because it was needed, but more so because I was enjoying this shave and wanted more time with the Bandit. With this said I earned a super smooth bbs shave.

The Stirling Ramblin' Man soap was top-notch and reliable as always. The scent is one of my absolute favorites. It's very smooth and manly. I can't recommend this one enough.

Another fantastic shave in the books on this pre-Halloween weekend.

Ramble on gentlemen and enjoy your shaves.

No pictures and no Halloween theme but today's shave was with a 1952 Gillette Super Speed, Zaza blade (first time using a Zaza), an OLD Deihl's badger brush that looks suspiciously like a Vulfix 2234, Col. Conk Bay Rum soap and after shave was an alum block. The combination of the Super Speed and Zaza blade gave me a smooth shave, possibly better than my go to blade, the Astra Super Platinum. I'll just have to wait and see how many shaves I get out of it, if I get a better shave but it doesn't last as long then I'll stick with Astra.

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Mongoose B2 Satin/Jurgen Hempel Ti
Blade: Schick Proline (D7)
Brush: Oscar11 Amber 28mm TGN finest
Scuttle: Georgetown G12 Opal
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: L & L Grooming Dark Fall
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: L & L Grooming Dark Fall

1945-No26-FBT-SOTD-G_2022-10-29.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Silvertip D01 16/47
Soap: Canada
Razor: 1945 Gillette No 26 Set FBT GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (6)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A very fine shave. :biggrin:

My new (1945) Gillette No 26 Set FBT GT has just been promoted to top SB favorite, and has taken the Number One position on my SB podium. :w00t:

I got the shave count on my Wee Scot up to 34 yesterday. It's still pretty scritchy. The little butterscotch Shavemac D01 has dreamlike down soft tips with good backbone, so I'll treat myself to this luxury for a while before returning to the Wee Scot let's-kill-the-scritch job.

The reason I've been ignoring my Canada shaving soap lately is due to a couple of things, namely:
  • It's hard to get hold of in the UK. Neither the maker nor Amazon.ca will ship it to the UK. My only luck was with Amazon.com which cost me 48 USD (including shipping) in May this year.
  • Having read through the maker's website (when I was initially trying to get the soap), the owner struck me as a big headed git.
Apart from the above I do have to admit that it's great soap. Also, I should soften my attitude up a bit. I guess the guy is aiming to be helpful to traditional shaving newbies (so he's probably fine and I'm the one with the problem :letterk1:).

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
E715C2DF-C6A9-431D-819B-3AD7B21D8BD8.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Pure Bristle brush.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Israel: Razor Blade Eddison Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm L’Oréal Men Expert Hydra Sensitive Aftershave Balm.
7) USA: EDT Vera Wang For Men Cologne.

SOTD: 30th October 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Squeezed Mandarin & Sandalwood Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Geo F. Trumper Violet Shave Cream.
Blade: Treet 7 Day Platinum. (D2)
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel ASL. / L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Everything in my shave set up paired together superbly making my Sunday morning shave a pleasurable experience.

Tomorrow is Halloween night ever since i was kid it has always been something I've looked forward to tomorrow evening.

Parents uncles aunties, grandparents, friends, neighbours will be having the usual mass visiting Trick-or-Treating presence from Wolverines, Michael Myers, Witches, Werewolf's, Mother-In Laws, Zombies, Vampires, Frankenstein's, Mummy's & Daddy's, Beetlejuice's, Batmans, Batwomen, Jokers, Freddy Krueger's, Chucky's, Jason Voorhees knocking on the door queuing up for the boat load of goodies people have for them around the world to mark this 'spooky Halloween Trick-or Treating event.

Don't forget to keep your pets indoors safe from harm while enjoying the spooky & soon to come bonfire-Guy Fawkes night (UK) festivities.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick-ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

Sun 30
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Goodwill
Blade Timor Stainless 3rd
Aftershave A&E Kaizen Splash
Gorgeous lather and scent from this soap...further enhanced by the matching splash.
A nice easy and comfortable shave with this razor paired with the blade. 3passes for a bbs finish...
20221030_150622.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom