What's new

SOTD "German Theme" Week January 18-24,2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday SOTD

This RazoRock High Mountain White Silvertip continues to impress: looks, feels, and performs like a much more expensive brush. It's an excellent high-value piece of kit!

$SOTD 012216.jpg

PannaCrema Namaste | RazoRock HMW Silvertip | Gillette "Triangle" Tech | Gillette Spoiler (3)
Pitralon Swiss

Many thanks for your kind words Celestino, Dave and Witeq - and thank you all the gentlemen for the great pictures - wishing you all a relaxed Sunday :thumbup:

Saturday SOTD

OK, I got with the program today, and had a great shave!
:laugh:

$SOTD 012316.jpg

Haslinger Schafmilch (GREAT soap!) | Shavemac D01 3-Band | Merkur HD 34C | Merkur Platinum (1)
Speick A/S

Guy -Nice can you tell us about Ghost Ship?

Ghost Ship from Beaver WoodWright is a Limited Edition run from Kelly Hogan and he is out of stock at the moment. Unknown if he is going to make another batch or not but it is a fantastic soap and the Aftershave aroma is even better. I used the soap for the first time and liked the Aftershave so much that I used it three times today; once after my shave and twice more when I had to go out and run some errands.

This is what Kelly states about this soap: Ghost Ship is a smooth blend of Sandalwood, Grapefruit and Black Amber blended in just the right proportions. Have to say his Black Amber is probably his own concoction and the aroma is not what I expected and hard to describe. Not a sandalwood aroma that one picks up such as AOS Sandalwood and you pick up some of the Grapefruit but I think it is his black amber that puts it over the top. As mentioned I wasn't too sure about the aroma when I opened the jar but once lathered up it was a different story and I really dig the aroma. I'm not the only one who likes it as Ghost Ship sold out quickly at all the vendor websites and BWW site. He made a small 2nd batch which I was able to snag one tub and one of the last 3 of his aftershave. Overall I am hooked on BWW shave soaps and now have eight in my den. Going to make next week a Beaver WoodWright week.

2016-01-24

Bukhave Scuttle ¤ H.L. Thäter Bruyére Silvertip ¤ 7/8" Korff & Honsberg "Dos Angelitos"
Art Of Shaving Lemon soap ¤ Floris JF Aftershave ¤ Floris JF Eau De Toilette

Have a fantastic Sunday, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Sunday

Pre-shave: Clarin's Men Active Face Scrub
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Caswell & Massey Super Badger
Soap: Kiss My Face Lavender Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/ Kiehl's Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner
Balm: SCS Oakmoss Lavendula

Ralf Aust 5/8 Spanish Point
Semogue Owners Club 2-Band Badger
Proraso Red SS
Dapper Dan Blue AS & Dermosil ASB

Sunday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Cold River Soap Works “Original”-Bergamot & Bay
Razor: Gillette New Short Comb
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Brush: Thater Silvertip-26mmx55mm
Aftershave: Burberry Brit

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

CRSW Bergamot & Bay today. 20 seconds to load the Thater Silvertip. Easy, thick, slick, lather. I loaded a new Med Prep in the NEW SC. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Burberry Brit.

Bob

proxy.php

Simpson Eagle G3 in Best
Art of Shaving Sandalwood Shave Soap
Long-combed New/ Voskhod
Proraso Aftershave Lotion
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

SOTD 01.24.16 "Snowy Sunday in NY"

iKon Savecraft 102 Slant with Astra blade

Doug Korn PT5 brush in Finest Badger

Sterling Lime SS

USB