Razor: Carbon CX TI Twotone on R3 Handle
Blade: Sputnik
AS: Santa Maria Novella Tabacco toscano

proxy.php

Best Regards
Marco

InShot_20211116_172908568.jpg

Frugal Tuesday neck shave

Preshave: RazoRock Charcoal Lime Pre Shave Soap in shower +Proraso white Preshave cream

Razor: RazoRock MAMBA 53 head on iKon Bamboo handle

Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum Black (4)

Brush: Omega 10066

Lather: Cella

Postshave: Osma Alum Block

Aftershave: RazoRock Son of Zeus splash

Notes: The Omega Brush can be bought for 10 CAD at local stores.

11/15/21
Col. Conk Almond
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
Merkur 34C HD
Personna Red (4)
Omega Alum Stick
Clubman Original
Pecksniff's Lemon, Cedar, & Amber Balm
Montblanc Starwalker
SOTD11-15-21.jpg

11/16/21
Green Mountain Soap Co. Spiced Rum
Muhle 21H 220 Rytmo, Black Fiber
5/8 Robert Klaas
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Haslinger Sandalwood Balm
Dolce & Gabbana The One
SOTD11-16-21.jpg

Tuesday Frugal Shave
Razor: Star ($10 from the 'bay)
Blade: Feather
Brush: Omega ($6 on sale)
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
AS: CVS brand Aqua Velva
IMG_20211116_194737835.jpg

Keeping it on the cheap with the vintage Star razor. Second use with The Fat. This stuff really lives up to its reputation. Lathered easily. Has a very nice scent that put me in mind of pairing it with Aqua Velva. The brush knot is rather small. I was hoping it would bloom as it breaks in, but the hairs do not seem to be splitting yet. The brush is not uncomfortable (I am not a face latherer), just small.

Wed 17 SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Robin Clear Handle
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HeV-CCC Balm
Mmmmmm...what an awesome aromatic scent from this soap! The lather is good enough...but the highlight is the scent..!!
The USD$5 synthetic brush is soft yet with a good backbone...
Another cheap but highly efficient razor! Paired with this cheap blade... outstanding result! Auto-easy & very smooth in 3passes for a bbs finish. Matching aftershave was lasting & super!!
20211117_090903.jpg

Budget Travel SOTD "Frugal Shaving Gear Week"

Razor: Lord Tech L5 ($5.45)
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword - India (2) ($0.06)
Brush: CVS Blade Boar Brush, 24mm ($4)
Soap: Cremo Cooling Refreshing Mint Shave Stick ($3)
Aftershave: Duke Cannon A/S Balm ($5)
Results: Cold water face lather, 2 pass DFS result. Finished with the Duke. 'Cause there ain't no party like a menthol party. Good Shave.

Just under $18 all in for this frugal shave. 🤪

When I started my DE wet shaving journey, three years ago, the $1 Assured TTO safety razor from Dollar Tree was my gateway drug into this hobby.

Lurking on this website, I learned the way of the Jedi, acquiring better hardware and software.

IMG_20211116_113817134.jpg

Wednesday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: OneBlade GENESIS
Blade: Feather FHS (D3)
Brush: Heritage Collection Dubl Duck 4 W 26mm Gel Boar
Scuttle: Dirty Bird 1.5
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: CRSW LE 2015 Winter
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Vespers

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Wednesday 17th Movember 2021
Non Frugal Shave

A25BBE75-0444-48F3-A775-C5111D85D4F2.jpeg
PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapStirling Electric Sheep, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBGB The Driver Silver tip Fan, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorWolfman WR1 OC, Canada 🇨🇦
BladeKing G Gillette, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 , Proraso Balm, Italy 🇮🇹
FragranceTom Ford Plum Japonais, USA 🇺🇸
Rating9.5/10

Frugal Shave Kit With Fruit. Directors Cut

Shaving1.jpg

A first shave with this setup.

I had not shaved since Thursday last, and just before I joined this noble enterprise of shaving on the chea-(damn)-with a Gentlemanly frugality, which it is wise to practice by the way, because there are kids starving in Japan, as we know from the wise words of 'Weird Al' Yankovic. (Just Eat It. Indeed) I had shaved on Monday.

In a way I was 'frugal', because I had used the luxurious Castle Forbes lime soap, in a Sainsburys coleslaw pot (frugal or what?) and put the lid on. Amazingly it was good for another zillion passes 24 hrs later. (A wonderful PIF gift from a true B&B Gentleman, by the way)

So, tonight's shave was my first use of Arko. All else was unaltered. A strange thing, and seriously Gents. It has taken me 2 daily shaves to get back to my DFS state of Thursday.

1st Pass NS. First use of a new Gillette W/S Indian. A trusty cheap little blade. Mostly knocked down what little stubble there was. Though it always does feel like Grizzly Adams's chin with our lying stumpy little fingers. I had face lathered the Arko, and had a brush loaded for at least 3 passes. Irritation in the moustache area. Umm.

2nd Pass XTG. A good pass. Cleared the pesky jawline. My chin and the cunning under-chin area was defeated by this point also. Joy.

3rd Pass SN. Getting a little drag. A bad blade. Indians are invariably smooth in my experience. 2 weepers in moustache area. I must stop OCD'ing in specific areas.

A good shave. Efficient, but the Tech with the light handle is showing it's limitations with a smooth but mild blade.

I will wait 48hr for skin recovery.

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
2873D2A7-C787-419C-97E7-4EFACA2F26FD.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) Ireland: Shaving Soap Natural Ireland Seaweed Shaving Soap.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Silver Blue.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm Ecopure Man Soothing Aftershave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Adidas Ice Dive Cologne.

"Frugal(ish) Shaving Gear Week" SOTD
SOTD-K_2021-11-17.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget 20/48 [$16]
Soap: Vitos Red [$2/100g]
Razor: 2020 Gillette Tech head [$2] on Phoenix El Fantasma handle [$10]
Blade: Personna Red (2) [10¢/blade]
ASL: Clubman Special Reserve [$4/50ml]
TOTAL COST NEW: $34.10

A fabulous shave. :biggrin:
You don't need to be loaded* to get a great shave! (*informal British meaning)

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Wednesday’s Frugal SOTD

proxy.php

CG Everyday / Nacet / Vtg. Butterscotch Opal 20mm Silvertip / ZM/B&M Nocturne Shaving Soap & AS​

Soap & AS were 50 percent off at Maggard. Despite mixed reviews, I wanted to try this soap, hoping the scent and performance would live up to the artwork, which I love. No such luck. Unlike many reviewers, I didn’t find the scent objectionable. I just didn’t find much scent. Yes, once properly hydrated, the lather has the predicted consistency of sour cream. And yes, it does go flying everywhere. I’m glad I didn’t pay full price. Still got a decent shave, BBS in three passes.

65B2B509-45AB-42F7-B44A-B92E9D7CFCED.jpeg

SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 17, 2021

A honemeister friend recommended Thistle Cut razors to me about a year or so ago. The fine grained steel holds an amazing edge he said! So I went out on the big auction site and found this razor at that time. When it arrived, the blade was black with tarnish and rust. Some industrious cleanup revealed a blade logo complete with a name and embossed scimitar. I was the proud owner of a Thistle “Persian”. Thistle Cutlery, according to a reputable B&B source was in business between 1890-1917. They were initially based in New York and later moved to Fremont, Ohio. Persian/Middle Eastern themes were popular in this country during the first two decades of the company’s existence, placing this particular blade between about 1890-1910.

In any case a trip through my Shapton progression and a finish on my Jasper stone put a very nice buttery smooth edge on it. The original horn scales were still in decent condition. The mug shaves this little razor delivered were every bit as good as advertised. So good, in fact, that I went out and acquired a second Thistle. As time passed, I debated whether to send my little “Persian” off for a western beauty treatment, but I’ve come to appreciate the patina on the blade. This little century old razor has character! A touch up on my Swaty and constroption last night yielded an amazingly two and a half pass shave. This blade is so exquisitely sharp, that it left very little stubble on either side of my Adam’s Apple for flatblading cleanup.

Following that great mug shave, I grabbed my Gibbs Adjustable #17 for today’s dome shave. Gibbs razors were made by Thibaud Gibbs & Co. in Paris and Brussels in the 1930s. They are renowned for the smoothness of the shave they deliver, and served as one of the design influences for the modern Rex Ambassador (RA). Like the Gibbs, the RA has a 6 position adjustment dial. The modern DE end tabs require a central notch be cut to fit the Gibbs. Some use cuticle scissors, but I use a metal nipper that works excellently for the latter purpose. After notching a fresh Kai blade and loading it, yours truly proceeded to have a superb two pass ATG noggin shave resulting in velveteen smoothness from dome to shoulders.

RAZOR: Thistle “Persian” (Mug), Gibbs Adjustable #17 (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Thayers WH. Finished with Old Spice Fresh Lime.

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscentd
Brush
Paladin Chief
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
ATT S-1
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is my third shave with the ATT S-1 and Wizament combination. The Ethos soap, as usual, provides a wonderful, lubricating lather. A nice BBS shave on a cool AZ morning. Have a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom