What's new

SOTD " Frugal Shaving Gear Week” NOVEMBER 15th - November 21st, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
0CBC9DB6-EAF9-4CBD-BE19-C047DDC96343.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) USA: Shaving Soap OZ Shaving Tik Tok Tobacco and Coffee Shaving Soap.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Silver Blue.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Calvin Klein Euphoria For Men Cologne.

Sun 21 SR SOTD
Soap Southern Witchcraft Samhain
Brush Spiffo 28mm Manchurian
Razor Thiers Le Grelot On Loan 2nd Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Southern Witchcraft Samhain Splash.
I'm liking the soap scent more by the use! Good strength and still smells like pumpkin/popcorn...nice! The lather is just impeccably rich, creamy, and slick...
A much better shave with this razor after putting it through the full balsa progression. Then edge is keener but yet still smooth and comfortable. 3+passes for an improved dfs/ccs result. The matching aftershave was great...and lasting.
20211121_120904.jpg

SOTD : 21st November 2021.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: OSP Fougere. (Sample)
Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./ Milton Lloyd London 2000 EdT.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The osp 'Fougere' soap has a great fragrance and provided a slick protective lather in no time ,enough for the full shave with only a small amount required, leaving a superb post shave feel to my face.

The Treet 7DP felt smooth and efficient this morning moving through my stubble with effortless ease.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd London 2000 EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Sunday 21st Movember 2021
7FB1194B-D69B-4BE2-B72F-B99BA33682D2.jpeg
PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA
SoapStirling Executive Man, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBGB Nero Boar, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorGillette double ring, USA 🇺🇸
BladeKing G Gillette, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 , Proraso Balm, Italy 🇮🇹
FragranceImperial Leather, Indonesia 🇮🇩
Rating8/10

2003A840-7B6B-412C-ACB6-F272DB4CE073.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 21, 2021

I rarely return to the same straight in the same week, but I must say that the new-to-me Wilbert Regal 9/16 just feels great in hand and boasts a fantastic edge thanks to my marvelous 9 Ball slate. I was always satisfied with my Naniwa 12K as a maintainer/finisher, but must say that the 9 Ball along with Howard Schlecter’s constroption has shifted edge maintenance on my straights into a entirely new category. I don’t know what kind of steel is in the Wilbert Cutlery blade, but it allows for the production of an amazingly clean, scratch-free, mirror bevel under the USB microscope and also revealed in the attached photo.

And what a mug shave it was! Two and a half passes that literally felt like I was just scooping the MWF lather away! Me likee this razor! This vintage straight razor represented a true Cinderella story! What appeared as a blackened possibly rusty blade was apparently just a dried oil coating. Whoever owned this razor over the last hundred years obviously cared for his or her tools. They apparently oiled the blade after its last use before putting it away. The oil dried to a blackened tarnish, easily removed by the Autosol Metal polish revealing the beautiful blade beneath. Every now and then one happens across an amazing vintage straight razor find. This beautiful Wilbert is mine!

After another incredibly good Wilbert mug shave, I knew I needed a comparable tool to take care of my noggin. After shaving for approximately five decades with the Schick Krona DE razor, I purchased the Christopher Bradley razor from Karve Shaving. That first purchase was a C_SB plate. Over the years I've migrated to the D_OC as my preferred plate. After experiencing the Gillette LC and the Leresche 51 OC plates, I’ve become a confirmed OC safety razor fan. I particularly like the OC feel on my noggin during the stubble reduction process. The two pass ATG noggin shave with the D_OC plate was splendid, leaving yours truly velveteen smooth from shoulders to dome!

RAZOR: Wilbert Cutlery Regal 9/16 (Mug), Karve D_OC (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: IB Rubberset 400 Black Synth Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Lilac Vegetal AS Splash.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
View attachment 1366104
SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 21, 2021

I rarely return to the same straight in the same week, but I must say that the new-to-me Wilbert Regal 9/16 just feels great in hand and boasts a fantastic edge thanks to my marvelous 9 Ball slate. I was always satisfied with my Naniwa 12K as a maintainer/finisher, but must say that the 9 Ball along with Howard Schlecter’s constroption has shifted edge maintenance on my straights into a entirely new category. I don’t know what kind of steel is in the Wilbert Cutlery blade, but it allows for the production of an amazingly clean, scratch-free, mirror bevel under the USB microscope and also revealed in the attached photo.

And what a mug shave it was! Two and a half passes that literally felt like I was just scooping the MWF lather away! Me likee this razor! This vintage straight razor represented a true Cinderella story! What appeared as a blackened possibly rusty blade was apparently just a dried oil coating. Whoever owned this razor over the last hundred years obviously cared for his or her tools. They apparently oiled the blade after its last use before putting it away. The oil dried to a blackened tarnish, easily removed by the Autosol Metal polish revealing the beautiful blade beneath. Every now and then one happens across an amazing vintage straight razor find. This beautiful Wilbert is mine!

After another incredibly good Wilbert mug shave, I knew I needed a comparable tool to take care of my noggin. After shaving for approximately five decades with the Schick Krona DE razor, I purchased the Christopher Bradley razor from Karve Shaving. That first purchase was a C_SB plate. Over the years I've migrated to the D_OC as my preferred plate. After experiencing the Gillette LC and the Leresche 51 OC plates, I’ve become a confirmed OC safety razor fan. I particularly like the OC feel on my noggin during the stubble reduction process. The two pass ATG noggin shave with the D_OC plate was splendid, leaving yours truly velveteen smooth from shoulders to dome!

RAZOR: Wilbert Cutlery Regal 9/16 (Mug), Karve D_OC (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: IB Rubberset 400 Black Synth Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Lilac Vegetal AS Splash.
What a wonderful photo!

SOD Sunday November 21, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: None
Lather: Proraso Green (44)
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Green Rinfrescante
Balm: Proraso Green Dopobarba
Have a great day!
IMG_8126.jpg

20211121_120632-01.jpeg
SOTD #274/2021
21-11-2021

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger
Soap: Extro Cosmesi Aranchia Italiana
Razor: Merkur 34G
Blade: Feather (2)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Extro Cosmesi Aranchia Italiana AS, Nivea Sensitive asb.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife
Brush
Uomo da Vinci 290
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
RR Stealth Slant
Blade
Lord SC
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Lavender Skinfood
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo, Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
Third shave with the RR Stealth Slant and a Lord SC blade. The soap is the Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife which I am using for the 159th time. The brush is the Uomo da Vinci 290 Silvertip – one fine brush that does not get much play on B&B. The brush is reasonably priced for a silvertip brush and one I recommend. A nice BBS shave. Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom