What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 7th - September 13th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD - Sunday 13 September 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Scalloped - 0.95mm - TRH2 - Polished
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - The Jefferson Storm Laser Dragon B9A - 28mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Declaration Grooming - Milksteak Semicolon LE Charity
  • After-Shave: Zingari Man - Unscented - Balm
  • Fragrance: Frederic Malle - L'Eau D'Hiver - EdT (50 ml)

60D0D7BE-80BB-4D80-B9F7-A92741DAE2B0.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 13, 2020

RAZOR: Feather Wood Handle DX Barber’s Razor (Mug), Schick Paul Revere L Type Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super (Mug), Schick Injector II (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle #007 w/ Hybrid Knot
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brushsqueezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Balm and Argan Oil.

Catching up both Friday and Saturday night shaves...

Friday:
47DFB489-EBAD-4FA4-93A7-1E08AB5E62FB.jpeg

Pre: Noxzema wash
Brush: A&P handle with Viking Soap synthic fan
Razor: Parker Semi-slant
Blade: Astra SP (#3)
Soap: Lea shave stick

Decent shave Friday night. It was late and I rushed, but the alum feedback wasn't too pronounced. I've about decided I don't like the knot (lack of backbone), but I do love the handle of the brush. This one will be a good candidate for me to practice re-knotting because it was set with silicone. First use of Lea and it lathered easily (well, once I clamped the base of the knot to give it some scrub). No scent to speak of. Soap Commander was great as always. A little goes a long way!

Saturday night:
4D0CB617-967B-4579-A77E-345873D903E7.jpeg

Pre: Noxzema wash
Brush: La Maison du Barbier synthetic
Razor: Parker Semi-slant
Blade: Astra SP (#4)
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Bad Mor
Post: Alum followed by Stirling Bay Rum witch hazel and aloe splash

Another decent shave. Could have been better, but I pushed it on my neck and paid with a bit of feedback. My neck continues to be a project. I figure it'll happen someday, but might take a different combo of razor and blade to get there. Soap was good, but I won't buy a full puck because the scent was barely there. The Stirling splash, on the other hand, was great. The more I use it, the more I like it.

Have a great Sunday, everybody!

Sund shave 2.jpg

Sunday’s shave is with GD Magnolia soap. The brush today is Morris & Forndran 2XL Finest. The razor is a Gillette Tech loaded with a GSB blade. Today I did a three-pass shave with touchups. The shave was very good. I really like this razor. Although it is on the mild side, I get a BBS shave every time I use it. The aftershave today was my usual Thayers Rose Petal WH along with some Neutrogena Triple Protect. This ASB may be in a small package but it lasts a long time. After a shower, some Yves Saint Laurent cologne.

Sunday, 9/13:

20200913_094152.jpg

Razor - PAA copper Ascension
Blade - Voskhod
Brush - Varlet Ranger 25.4mm
Soap - WSP Gaelic Tweed
A/S - Brickell unscented

Another excellent shave with the Ascension; no irritation whatsoever for a second day. The Voskhod was pretty smooth for me; not as much as my Astras, but I will say, it is a comfortable blade. The shave was very pleasurable and super close. I love this soap. The lather is excellent, residual for days, and the scent is so intoxicating. The brush performed very well. Very comfortable handle, medium density knot with very good flow-through, and very soft with springy backbone. A little small but that's fine. Overall, a phenomenal shave.

Date:- 13 September 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Bruce Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Feather AC-SS (SE) / Schick Proline P-30 #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

I've had a mid bloodbath shave since I've lost my whole technique for nearly 3 half-years without using my Feather AC-SS its time get my hairy butt back into the ball game all over again.

proxy.php

First time shaving with both a GSB and a Merkur Progress today. The Silver Blue is a great blade for sure, a hard competitor for a new favorite against the Nacet. I set the Progress to 5 and let it ride. Heavy and fairly aggressive shave was enjoyable, DFS. A Veg finish was the right choice.

Razor: Merkur Progress 510 [5]
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Crabtree and Evelyn Pure Badger
Soap: CBL Master Barber SIR Irish
Splash: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Balm: DC Ice Cold

full

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, Sept 13th 2020

Razor: Schick adjustable injector M3- Mfg 1970-72 Excellent Schick injector, I always get good shaves with this one.
Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE (2) very sharp, good longevity, I use this blade in a lot of my Schick injectors. :thumbsup:
Folks knock this blade sometimes for the blade magazine or smoothness. Use light touch and shaves become Stellar.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore- One of my best soaps for scent and lather qualities. Very nice protection!
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic- Excellent brush for creating lather & cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on bead area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + witch hazel +a small dollop of Avon True Gent balm :001_wub: .
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector M3.

Sunday Schick shave, Sept 13th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves!Stay & think safe in these times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom