What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 7th - September 13th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's another "FREE WEEK" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

Monday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: OneBlade GENESIS
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (D1)
Brush: Omega 6240 25mm Silvertip
Scuttle: Turkish Porcelain Bowl 4 ¾"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Butter: Chatillon Lux Lavender
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Lavender
Balm: Organic Shea Butter Lavender
Aftershave: TOBS Lavender Water

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
C2AF2B11-6B5E-4CAD-BECB-154D9F398733.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Italy: Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) USA: Razor NDC Gillette Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Russia: Blade Gillette Nacet.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) Spain: Cologne Nautica Classic Cologne.

Hi! Shave #52:
IMG_20200906_211406_627.JPG

Pre: hot water, homemade olive oil soap.
Lather: Hawkins & Brimble elemi and gingseng.
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket.
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto original.
Blade: Wizamet (#3).
Take care and have a nice day!

A nice 3 pass shave today. Derby Menthol Shave Cream, an Omega S-Brush and the fine accoutrements lather bowl, Rockwell 6S with 4,3,and 2 plates, a brand new Dorco Titan blade, topped off with a pass of the Proraso Alum block, some homemade aftershave courtesy of my friend @BigD and a dose of Duke Cannon menthol balm. Menthol Monday. Glasses were so I could read the plates as I changed them out. One of the joys of getting older, beats the alternative though.

Lather 97.jpg
Shave 97.jpg

Monday Shave

Gillette New Improved (Ni replate)
Feather Hi-Stainless
Simpsons Emperor 3 Super
Simpsons Luxurious Shaving Cream
Thayers WH

Fantastic, the smoothest and most enjoyable shave I've had with a New Improved. Perfect lather via the emperor, and Feather blade matched nicely. No cuts or irritations, I had a much better experience using this blade compared to less-sharp options.

P9073999 (3).JPG

A nice 3 pass shave today. Derby Menthol Shave Cream, an Omega S-Brush and the fine accoutrements lather bowl, Rockwell 6S with 4,3,and 2 plates, a brand new Dorco Titan blade, topped off with a pass of the Proraso Alum block, some homemade aftershave courtesy of my friend @BigD and a dose of Duke Cannon menthol balm. Menthol Monday. Glasses were so I could read the plates as I changed them out. One of the joys of getting older, beats the alternative though.

View attachment 1151348View attachment 1151349
Looking good, brother. I'm glad you are enjoying the DYI AS/EdC.

Mon 7 SOTD
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Razor RazoRock Game Changer.84-P SB
Blade Gillette Wilkinson Sword 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
OK lather from soap. Too mild the scent although it's interesting and pleasant to my nose. Performance was just acceptable.
Shave with razor paired with blade was sharp, smooth and although comfortable but can feel if I slipup I will cut myself. Still a very enjoyable 3+1 multiple direction passes with a bbs to dfs outcome. Excellent post and aftershave ensuring a soft and moist mug. Rating 9.5/10
20200907_071450.jpg

Labor Day shave vign.jpg

It is Labor Day so here is my Labor Day Shave. The soap today is from Grooming Dept.: Magnolia. The brush is a Paladin PK 47. The soap is relatively soft, so it loads rapidly. The razor is my ATT S-1 loaded with a Personna Medical Prep blade for the third shave. In the past, I have always done a four-pass shave: motions downward, from ear to nose, from nose to ear, and upward. However, recently I have gone to three passes with a touch up in areas that need it. The aftershave today is Thayers Rose Petal WH and Neutrogena Triple Protect. The fragrance is Yves Saint Laurent which will have to be replaced soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom