proxy.php

ETHOS Succès~~Simpson Milk Churn~~Ralf Aust
proxy.php

proxy.php

Have a great day!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MicroMaticMonday, Sep7th 2020

Razor: Star Bar #4 Lather catcher-Mfg 1920 by the Kampfee Brothers, one of the last models of lather catchers to leave their factory, Star was famous world wide for their lather catchers & earliest safety razors mfg in N.America.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) Excellent blade.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea :001_wub:- like the scent alot and it has great lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft black whiskers- Great brush, reminds me of my boar brush with soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with my Star bar #4 model L.Catcher !

MMMonday, Sept 7th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Monday, 9/7:

20200907_122003.jpg

Razor - H&SCo N075
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Wild West Brushworks "Foxborough" 24mm Boss
Soap - Sudsy Soapery Twice Mint (leftover)
A/S - Stirling Eucalyptus Mint

Wow. I think I've definitely unlocked the secret to really smooth shaves with this razor. The slightly steeper angle has made it notably more comfortable than previous uses. The lather was left over from the last time I used the soap, and it whipped up a great lather. The brush I haven't used in ages, and its awesome. Not the kind of Boss knot that doesn't splay and whose tips aren't terribly soft; this is a softer knot that splays when you need it but also has great backbone. One of my very favorite WWB handles too. Today's shave left me super smooth and refreshed.

NdIE0vW5lxaOk.gif

This was a Labor Day 1950s style shave. The Gem Push-Button has classic 1950s styling that is really eye catching. William's Mug Soap and Aqua Velva fit the period as well. An ordinary Joe's shave on Labor Day!

Razor: Gem Push-Button Gold
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Ever-Ready 250 Pure Badger Cased
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Williams Mug Soap
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20200906_082815.jpg

NEW EXPERIMENT
Having had my RazoRock BBS training somewhat shoved out of the way by Slantember; I've decided on a new training format. Instead of using the training razor every shave, I intend using it every OTHER shave, and having a variety of OTHER razors in between my RR BBS training shaves.
:popc: We'll see how that works out.

SOTD
SOTD-Y_2020-09-07.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: RazoRock BBS on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (6)
ASL: Proraso Red

Another very nice shave. :cornut:

If nothing else, this razor change every shave is keeping me on my toes. :letterk1:

E1F3FA23-9C1A-4986-A6EF-4F7C66411788.jpeg

Pre: PAA Cube 2.0
Brush: Yaqi Mountain Lake Two Band badger
Razor: Parker Semi-slant
Blade: Astra SP (#6 and out)
Soap: Noble Otter Two Kings

What a shave to start the week! I made it 6 in a row on the blade and it was no problem. I probably should have kept going, but that’s a new record for me now so I binned it. Might try for seven with the next blade. Zero feedback from the alum

I recently got a new Doug Smith Pottery (Etsy) lather bowl and with some instructions from a friend of mine I managed to whip up a great lather—slickest one yet. I cannot believe how much water I added and it’s no surprise now why my initial lathers were so-so at best—not enough water. I’m going to be on a hunt for a different brush after the September GRUME because the knot portion of the handle was constantly banging into the bowl.

Start of the second pass:
CE7A5093-54C1-43FA-A8C9-85F52A2B04D2.jpeg

Have a great week everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom