Sunday 09.12.21 SOTD

proxy.php

Karve CB Gladius OC level D / Polsilver Super Iridium
Elite Razor Fire and Ice 24mm Manchurian White Fan
Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ ‌Cheshire‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌& Aftershave​

Sun 12 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko Solingen 43 (Belong to me now..YaY!)
Aftershaves
Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Stirling Iced Pineapple
Absolutely love this soap! Intoxicating icy scent with nice creamy and slick lather!
Dorko has returned freshly honed on Ozuku and this time the razor will stay...for a loooong time. The edge was brilliant...sharp, very smooth, and comfortable. 3passes without any issues for a mixed bbs/dfs/ccs best ever SR result! Matching splash truly enhanced the intoxicating scent and the icy feel!
20210912_154448.jpg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Sun 12 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko Solingen 43 (Belong to me now..YaY!)
Aftershaves
Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Stirling Iced Pineapple
Absolutely love this soap! Intoxicating icy scent with nice creamy and slick lather!
Dorko has returned freshly honed on Ozuku and this time the razor will stay...for a loooong time. The edge was brilliant...sharp, very smooth, and comfortable. 3passes without any issues for a mixed bbs/dfs/ccs best ever SR result! Matching splash truly enhanced the intoxicating scent and the icy feel!
View attachment 1326884
Iced Pineapple +1. One of Stirling's citrus masterpieces.

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscented
Brush
Rudy Vey with Muhle Syn Knot
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman SS SB 1.05
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
Sunny Sunday Shave. I am using the Ethos Unscented with the Rudy Vey syn knot. A very nice lather. The Wolfman – Wizamet combo is on the 3rd shave. An excellent BBS shave. Have a great day.

Razor: Schick - Easy Rider L6 (1971-72)
Blade: Personna - Precision Hollow Ground - 1950’s? (1st)
Pre-Shave: Stirling Pink Clay - Facial Bar Soap
Lather: Reuzel Shave Cream - Brushless, Latherless
Aftershave: Stirling - Tea Tree (Toner)

CDF6222D-53A5-4592-B1B1-A03F3FF65FE1.jpeg

I’m still trying to decide about this shave
This shave was a little different and I haven’t completely come to any final opinion on it.
I found the Reuzel shave cream in a clearance bin and picked it up without realizing that it was a brushless latherless cream. The Personna blade was of an unknown type and vintage. It was tossed in with a previous razor purchase.
EE36C69C-9F4D-4602-93A7-7F4545FF3D3F.jpeg

I rubbed the cream all over my face with my left hand, and held the razor in my right. The left hand stayed ensconced in cream for ease of reapplication. No lather, just a white film on my face. It did feel odd and inconvenient, but at no time did I get any nicks or scrapes or burn even though I worked the razor over my face more than usual. The cream had slickness and protection, but the blade didn’t feel as efficient as I’m used to with a brand new injector blade. I had to work at trying to get my usual BBS, but after more than enough scrubbing, I gave up. Close but no cigar.
I wouldn’t call this vintage Personna blade dull as there was no tugging or grabbing, but it seemed extremely mild. I really had to work it for my smooth shave. I’m not sure whether to give it a second go, or toss it.
I will give the Reuzel cream another go round with a more familiar razor, but I’m still not that keen on shaving with a razor in one hand, and the other covered in a layer of cream.
My skin type is really enjoying the Tea Tree AS Toner.

SOD Sunday September 12, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba
Lather: Proraso Red (34)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Head WTG:5-XTG:4-XTG:4-ATG:3
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Red Dopobarba
Balm: None
A Spectacular Sunday Shave!

IMG_7513.jpg

Sunday 12.09. 2021

Nivea Face Wash.

Yaqi DOC Mellon w. Stainless steel handle.
Astra SS (1).
Yaqi Sagrada familia, synthetic brush.

Speick Shave stick.

TFS Witch hazel.
Floïd, The genuine aftershave.
Nivea Aftershave balm.

Great, mild shave - no irritation.
First shave with this handle on the Yaqi, and the razor feels much better in my hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom