• Hey Guest. We are currently doing lots and lots of work on the forum software. Please be patient while the kinks are worked out.

Thanks!

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 30th - October 6th, 2019

Jgreenepa

Contributor
43FD4A34-B7B6-435E-B22B-AF537B9EDFCD.jpeg
SOTD 10/06/19

Good face and dome shave today! I feel smooth, refreshed and clean.

RAZOR: Brass Gem Jr
BLADE: Pella SS PTFE
PRE-SHAVE: Cold water rinse followed by PAA Charcoal Menthol pre-shave cube
BRUSH: WCS Best Badger
CREAM: Gillette Pure
POST-SHAVE: Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel followed by Stirling Iced Pineapple AS Splash

kjbarth

Contributor
Thursday OCtober 3

Hitting 3rd, another 113 year old, 1906 Gillette single ring model 100.

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - Caties Bubbles Purple Grapefruit
Brush - Rubberset Albright #3
Blade - Feather HI SS (5)
Razor - 1906 Gillette Single Ring
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Baum.BE A/S balm

Shave rating 5 of 5

So I'm finding that each of these vintage century old razors have a personality of their own. My first shave this OCtober was with a similar aged single ring and that was a very mild, smooth shave with no blade feel. This razor was a bit more aggressive, a good bit of blade feel, but no less effective. I was in a bit of a rush so I only did a one pass shave and this razor gave me a DFS+ on that one WTG pass. This soap is really good, I could have done 5 passes with the lather generated by about a pea sized portion of the soap. The brush is one of my older brushes, and still has original boar knot (I believe) which is still in good shape. Brush was a little floppier than I like but still did the job well.

I apologize for my delay in posting this Thursday shave. Got busy Thursday and then had surgery on my left hand Friday morning and won't be shaving for a couple days while the hand heals and I can start using it again.

Happy OCtober and great shaves everyone.
IMG_0951.JPG

Sunday SOTD

GEM Junior with Bakelite Handle
GEM PTFE (7)
Mike's Lime
Vie-Long BGS2012 Butterscotch Beehive Natural Horse
Pinaud Clubman​

[Imagen: img_fbf62711-e4a5-43ed-8a61-1d387c0d16b1.jpg]

SOTD 10/06/2019

Lo bien que funciona ésta reliquia de jabón con la navaja,una verdadera pena en la que no pueda disfrutar más de lo poquito que me queda.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: NAVAJA Wacker 6/8 punta redonda

Brush: ROMERA dos bandas 2°Aniversario 38/100

Pre-Shave: Ducha caliente

Lather: IRISCH MOOS stick

Aftershave: TABAC loción

Additional Care:

TABAC bálsamo​

Filarmonica 14 Sub Cero
Yaqi Brush
Noble Otter Two Kings Shave Soap
Vitos Pre/Post Shave
Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel
Booster Mosswood After Shave LotionDSC02318.jpg

SOTD - 2019.10.6
Growth: 24h
Brush: Serrano by fm - 24mm HD silvertip
Soap: Eufros Gea
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: feather
Post: lather face wash, alum, concoction (*), Nivea Sensitive
Passes: 2 - WTG (4), XTG (2)
Rating: 5/5 - epic

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), menthol crystals - (drops)

Just polished my S6 and it is just epic. Smooth, no drag... just perfect.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

Razor: Giesen & Forsthoff OC/Timor
Brush: Paladin super Chief Phantasia
Soap/Aftershave: The Shaving Club Amber Rose

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thursday OCtober 3

Hitting 3rd, another 113 year old, 1906 Gillette single ring model 100.

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - Caties Bubbles Purple Grapefruit
Brush - Rubberset Albright #3
Blade - Feather HI SS (5)
Razor - 1906 Gillette Single Ring
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Baum.BE A/S balm

Shave rating 5 of 5

So I'm finding that each of these vintage century old razors have a personality of their own. My first shave this OCtober was with a similar aged single ring and that was a very mild, smooth shave with no blade feel. This razor was a bit more aggressive, a good bit of blade feel, but no less effective. I was in a bit of a rush so I only did a one pass shave and this razor gave me a DFS+ on that one WTG pass. This soap is really good, I could have done 5 passes with the lather generated by about a pea sized portion of the soap. The brush is one of my older brushes, and still has original boar knot (I believe) which is still in good shape. Brush was a little floppier than I like but still did the job well.

I apologize for my delay in posting this Thursday shave. Got busy Thursday and then had surgery on my left hand Friday morning and won't be shaving for a couple days while the hand heals and I can start using it again.

Happy OCtober and great shaves everyone.
View attachment 1023457
Bummer about the hand, get well!

20191006_122213.jpg

Sunday, 10/6:

Razor - Razorock SLOC
Blade - Astra SP (1)
Brush - Craving Shaving "Serenity", 26mm Boss
Bowl - Captain's Choice
Soap - Soap Commander Vision
Aftershave - Tend Skin, Brickell

The SLOC head is giving me phenomenally close shaves. This thing is really good. I tried an Astra in it today because my customary Shark SC was a little aggressive on Friday. The Astra was definitely smoother, although I did end up with some redness at the bottom of my neck that seemed like it was waiting to come out. Still a great shave, and some Tend Skin has it mostly cleared up.

This was my first use of the brush, and man it kicks butt. I think I'm liking the Boss knot a little more than the tuxedo; the backbone is really where I like it, and the tips are still plenty soft. I will say, it doesn't splay as well. Handle is uber comfortable and solid. It generated a fantastic lather from one of my favorite soaps. Wonderful shave.

Talbot Shaving | Authors Ridge
Leo Frilot Tru-Stone Copper Matrix | AP Shave Co. SynBad 30mm
Ever-Ready SE | Delta Echo | Gem PTFE
Maol Grooming for Talbot | Authors Ridge

I've been applying the Authors Ridge splash throughout the week. I immediately liked it, but I've come to appreciate it much more after a few applications. This is one of the more complex fragrances in my den, but it does require a little olfactory training. Initially, I felt like Authors Ridge was missing top notes, and as a result I thought this was a creative gag in making it "headless" (It's been done before, though). However, the more I use it, more is revealed. There is a rather dominant presence of rich earth and suggestions of oak lichen and mushroom, yet subsequent uses allow my nose to accept these base earthen elements and thus appreciate the distant muted and dry floral and crushed succulents. Then the woods become more distinct with resinous qualities approaching that of cedar with spicy and bitter highlights. The earth is also contrasted by what seems to be clean ozone to me.

The soap echoes these notes, but it's even more challenging to discern the discrete notes. In fact, had I not already experimented with the splash for several days prior to using the soap, I would probably not have been able to pick out more than earth and woods.

Authors Ridge is a very pleasant autumn fragrance and everything about it is quite natural, albeit dark. This is something someone who lives in the woods will likely lose track of after a couple hours of being outdoors. However, it's so well blended and complex that I propose this will speak quite differently to others.

Catie's Bubbles' wonderfully gothic 322 will not soon be usurped as my all-time favorite dark fragrance, but Authors Ridge is among its court.

Shave of the day
Razor:
Fatip Piccolo SE
Blade : Voskhod #10
Brush: Maseto Silvertip, 27mm knot
Soap: Proraso Sandalwood
ASB: Nivea
EDT: Declaration
IMG_0376a.JPG

SOTD - 2019.10.9
Growth: 24h
Brush: Kesar by fm - 24mm HD two band
Soap: FAA Gondolier
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: Voskhod
Post: lather face wash, alum, concoction (*), Nivea Sensitive
Passes: 2 - WTG (4), XTG (2)
Rating: 5/5 - epic

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), menthol crystals - (drops)

Yesterday I couldn’t post anything, norther California power was shut off completely!
Epic shave with this combination and cold water. The soap is slick, lathers up beautifully with a fantastic post shave.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1 SB-P WRH2
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Stirling Gin & Tonic
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday :thumbup: