What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 28th - October 4th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, October, 2, 2020.
proxy.php

Geo F Trumper’s Skin food, santalwood, pre shave. Le Pere Lucien, Cèdre - patchouli, shaving soap & lotion aftershave. VigShaving tejon two bands badger, marble handle. Giesen & Forsthoff: Timor, 6/8, Solingen. L’Ocittane, cèdre - orange, aftershave balm & EdT.

Last edited:
First time with the Muhle R41 aka "The Rake", paired with a brand-new GSB. I am a one-pass plus light touch-ups type of shaver, and I am extremely pleased with the results I've gotten from it.

Very very close shave with 1 pass. You definitely feel the blade, but the blade gap is quite small so you don't feel the blade flexing on your face like an adjustable razor at high settings. I took my time and it was a smooth ride. I would describe the razor almost as having a "magnetic" feel. You feel it grabbing every stuble it finds on the way.

Brush: Simpsons Eagle G2 Pure Badger
Soap: La Toja stick pucked into an empty Valobra bowl
Aftershave: Osma alum and Myrsol Antesol
Razor: Muhle R41 head with a UFO Kaiser short handle

IMG_3411.jpg

Date:- 02 October 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike’s Natural ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Rubie #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water

Fri 2nd OCtober #2 SOTD with New Brush
Soap Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush Boti 26mm Fan Silvertip with acrylic wood handle
Razor Fatip OC Grande
Blade Hammer Stainless (Astra SS 3)
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water & Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
Wow is the brush...it expanded a lot. Really soft...perhaps too soft? Need to learn how lather properly with as it sure traps loads of unseen water. Brush also seems to 'swallow' loads of the soap too...
Shave with razor paired with the Pif blade...1st wtg pass...ouucchh....it skips and tugs...ouucchh..can't continue. Replaced with the Astra SS 3rd. Much better and smoother for a complete 3pass but some weepers. Ice water rinse stop that and no irritation. Aftershave was good-Cognac & Whisky combo...
Rating 9/10
View attachment 1162935
Nice pic and gear. (Love the brush. Looks like it was made to pair with that label). Peach & Cognac is an awesome product. The fragrance is intoxicating. Don't you just love the Kaizen performance?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 2nd, Fri, 2020

Razor: Razorock SLOC- MFG 2018> excellent milder mid range depending on blade, easy enjoyable going shave.
Blade: KAI SS(4) sharp & smooth + extra wide.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- mild scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm with black marble handle, synthetic- Excellent brush for creating lather, cloud like soft tips!
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor(Creed Aventis RR version)+ witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= :a17:Excellent shave with my RR SLOC & KAI SS blade.

DE SOTD, Fri, Oct2 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom