Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday, October 1
proxy.php

ETHOS Succès~~Thäter 4125/2~~Fatip Lo Storto Originale/Wizamet Super Iridium

Have a great day!

98603B66-CC64-4AA7-9225-C48680169554.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 1, 2020

The new C-Mon Special arrived yesterday, and like many vintage razors required a bit of a touch up. The edge was chipped requiring a new bevel set and the blade is not centering. As one friend (@Trigger) at TSD mentioned, after honing this C-Mon is now “wicked” sharp! What some might call ‘whisker-melting’ sharp. It systematically reduced my facial stubble in three buttery smooth passes (WTG, ATG, XTG) leaving me smooth clean and velveteen! I really like this razor. Still need to work on the blade-centering issue! When I began my dome shave, I remembered why I like the LaResche 51 so much. It plowed effortlessly through my noggin stubble shearing it right down to the skin line leaving me with a velveteen smooth dome to match my mug! Just a fabulous shave this morning to kick off Open Comb October!

RAZOR: C-Mon Special 11/16 (Mug), LaResche 51 (Dome)
BLADE: Polsilver
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Balm.

Date:- 01 October 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Kaizen
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Rubie #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Thur, Oct1 2020

Razor: Everready Streamline 2nd Generation- Mfg 1949-53, upper mid range, light touch gives excellent results, I find it one of my harder razors to master. One of the nicest eye candy razors IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (6) excellent blade in all strengths that make a blade.
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore- nice mild Tabaco vanilla scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft syn- geat brush for scrubbing with soft tips reminds me of my Omega boar brush.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar Cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch Hazel with a dollop of AVON True Gent balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my ER 2nd Gen Streamline razor.

SE SOTD- Thursday Oct1- 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Thursday, 10/1:

20201001_102352.jpg

Razor - Razorock Mamba 70
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Green
Brush - Mojo Handcrafts black hat 26mm tuxedo
Soap - Phoenix & Beau Oberon
A/S - Supply Arenella Coast

Awesome shave. The brush handle is super comfortable and the Maggard knot in it is a fantastic version of the tuxedo, with ready splay and good backbone. Paints and scrubs perfectly. P&B make very good soaps. This one has a great scent that I find hard to describe: kind of dark but not very, with some sort of evergreen resin note. I really enjoyed it, and it lathered up great. Another slick shave with this outstanding RR offering. Super smooth and ready to go!

SOTD, Wednesday, September 30th, 2020

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
Penhaligon's English Fern shave soap
Kent badger brush
Schulze 5/8" "Wednesday" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
English Fern cologne

These quarantine days are flying, but everyone's anxious for it to end!

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom