Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

PSX_20201002_081639.jpg

Oct. 3, 2020 - New soap day

I was in the process of whipping up some Stirling Glastonbury when I heard my wife yell "You got some new shaving stuff"! Great timing, almost! I rinsed the Stirling down the drain (it hurt, but i'm sure the soap won't take it personally) and switched to the Spearhead soap.

Great stuff. Nice scent, easy to lather, ultra shiny and nice to use. I'm glad to have this soap. I've read that it's going to be a permanent offering, so even though it's sold out at Maggard and WCS, you can still buy it directly from the vendor, and I think you can still buy it from Shave Merchantile, and i'm sure it's just a matter of time for stock to be replenished elsewhere.

Great shave.

SOTD-FS-W_2020-10-03.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: (New) Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Cream: CRS Classic Almond
Razor: Fine Aluminum Slant
Blade: Silver Star (4)
ASL: Fine L'Orange Noir

A very fine shave. :biggrin:

TL;DRers stop here. :wink2:

All very nice gear, including my brand new Omega Mixed Midget. No doubt having been left for a few years with its last soap glued to its hairs and bristles by the chemicals in my extra hard water... my original one started to shed in a major kinda way. So I thanked it for its service and placed it gently in the bin. Then after a couple of days grieving I ordered a new one.

I'm amazed that after a standard "Cal brush prep (1½ hours)" my new Mixed Midget feels completely broken in, and lots of the boar bristles have new split ends. It took my original Mixed Midget AGES to get to that stage; but it never had the benefit of citric acid treated water.

10/03/20 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Wood Box Soap Handcrafted Goat Milk Soap Barber Shop Tobacco and Bay Leaf
Crown King Planet 9 Shampoo/Conditioner Puck with Cider Vinegar, Yucca & Manuka
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CUBE Mentholated Preshave Soap
Barrister and Mann Hallows Shaving Soap (Limited Edition)
Badger & Blade 10th Anniversary 22mm Blonde Boar Shaving Brush with Black/Gold Flake Handle
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Crisa Glass Salsa Bowl
Whitmor Water Spray Bottle
Asylum Shave Works Evolution Stainless Steel Black Oxide Razor
Feather New Hi-Stainless Blade - 1st Shave
Laboratoires Osma Pure Potassium Alum Block
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Barrister and Mann Hallows Aftershave (Limited Edition)
NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm
Schmidt’s Charcoal + Magnesium Mineral Enriched Natural Deodorant​

B IMG_7813.jpg

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
SOTD-FS-W_2020-10-03.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: (New) Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Cream: CRS Classic Almond
Razor: Fine Aluminum Slant
Blade: Silver Star (4)
ASL: Fine L'Orange Noir

A very fine shave. :biggrin:

TL;DRers stop here. :wink2:

All very nice gear, including my brand new Omega Mixed Midget. No doubt having been left for a few years with its last soap glued to its hairs and bristles by the chemicals in my extra hard water... my original one started to shed in a major kinda way. So I thanked it for its service and placed it gently in the bin. Then after a couple of days grieving I ordered a new one.

I'm amazed that after a standard "Cal brush prep (1½ hours)" my new Mixed Midget feels completely broken in, and lots of the boar bristles have new split ends. It took my original Mixed Midget AGES to get to that stage; but it never had the benefit of citric acid treated water.
I threw an old Semogue 1305 that was no longer working for me in the bin, but then I felt bad and retrieved it, and now it sits back in it's spot on the shelf. I was going to profusely apologize to it but that would be too weird.😆

Catching up on a couple.

0AEF67FC-AC17-4C1B-8E8A-A88401124429.jpeg

Pre: PAA Cube 2.0
Soap: Grooming Dept. Tao
Brush: La Maison du Barbier
Razor: Gillette N2 1968 Slim, setting 4
Blade: Astra SP (#3)
Post: Spread remaining lather on my face and let it sit while cleaning up; rinse then Lucky Tiger

Pretty good shave tonight considering it was late and I was rushed. First impression of GD was good, particularly the scent on Tao, which was amazing and long-lasting. Even got a whiff of it through the Lucky Tiger. I tried letting the leftover lather sit on my face instead of going to the alum block because of some instructions I had seen given by the artisan. Felt pleasant enough; don't know that I would do it with every soap.

I've got four synthetics right now and the LMdB is my favorite of those by a long shot, though I do want to try one of the Muhle/EJ Silvertip fiber brushes. And that'll do it for my synthetic BAD--I've decided I much prefer natural brushes.

Friday, no shave: too much going on and too late.

Saturday evening shave

0DAC2006-A6E8-4B40-9AF0-AC8338C87BD3.jpeg

Pre: Noxzema
Cream: Captain's Choice 45th Parallel
Brush: Parker Travel Brush
Razor: Gillette N2 1968 Slim, setting 5
Blade: Astra SP (#4)

First use of the Slim on 5 and it was a pretty good shave tonight. Probably could've been better, but the cream did not have a lot of slickness that I could find even after going back for more water multiple times. No scent to speak of, either. The aftershave, on the other hand, was fantastic and I intend to pick some up at some point.

ECFBFD09-DC3C-4A16-B2EA-11125D331C7F.jpeg

Heute abend habe ich nur deutsche Rasierprodukte verwendet.

Prep: hot towel
Razor: Milwaukee Barber Supply “Milwaukee First” by JA Henckels
Brush: TSS Rein Dachs Klassik
Cream: Speick
Aftershave: Speick

Everything except the razor is new to me. I wanted a nice German brush and The Superior Shave filled the bill. Problem is, I ordered this on September 21, it went in the mail the next day, and it first showed up today. Jarrod, with his characteristic bluntness, reminds everyone in the message with the tracking number that sometimes things are a little slow these days. Still. Didn’t appreciate having the package get lost in Dallas for a week. The Speick products arrived from California in three days. Go figure.

The brush was a little pricklier than expected but not at all uncomfortable, with excellent backbone. It made a very thick and cushiony lather. The end result of which was that I had an extremely comfortable shave. Two pass mostly DFS. The cream made it a little hard to find where I could have cleaned up a little more because it hid the stubble. No real need to go over it again though. Just means I’ll shave again tomorrow instead of Monday.

I get why people like the aftershave. I got no feedback from it and I like the scent.

Sehr gut.

Sunday SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: iKon DLC Slant\Triad-DeltaEcho
Blade: Feather (D4)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White 27mm Anodized Bronze
Scuttle: Georgetown G12
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: TSD Oakmoss Sandalwood
Shave Soap: Tallow + Steel Morning Coffee
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Tallow + Steel Morning Coffee

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
18A4361A-9200-4C0E-88B4-181F800488D8.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) Germany: Soap Tabac.
3) Vietnam: Razor Gillette Blue 2 disposable.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
6) India: Aftershave Splash Gillette Arctic Ice Bold Aftershave Splash.

SOTD : 4th October 2020.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush: Anbbas Boar.

Face Lather.

Frankensoap : Pears Transparent bar Soap + Wilkinson Sword Soap bowl.

Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (2)

Razor: Ever Ready 1912. (US)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture.

David Beckham ~ Instinct ASL.

Boots ~ Moisturising Lotion.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

My homemade Frankensoap concoction provided good slick protective lather for the shave leaving a good post shave feel.

A good acceptable shaving soap ok it's not not in the same league as a traditionally made shaving soap but i didn't expect it to be.

Another very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Boots ~ Moisturising Lotion.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy you Sunday ladies & gentlemen.😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom