Sat 3rd #1TabaOCtober#3 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Boti 26mm Silvertip 2 tone handle
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge Super Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR Bootlegged
Finally able to fully bring out the best with the brush...what a pleasure...and the resulting lather from the soap was thickly creamy and slick...more than what I need....luxurious!!
Shave with the razor paired with this blade was a revelation......smooth, sharp and very comfortable for 3+1passes with bbs result. Truly a gem! But some weepers...hmmm. Let's see how for the next few shaves...
Icy water postshave followed by Thayers was great & aftershave closed a super session.
Rating 9.5/10
20201002_182456.jpg

20201003_121601.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
20201003_084311.jpg

Brush comparison shave:
Brushes: Paladin 2XL, Simpson Chubby 1 Manchurian
Soap: MWF plus Fabergé Brut bath soap shavings
Razor: Henckels Henso with vintage shim
Blade: Lord Platinum
Aftershave: Shulton Old Spice

Verdict: both great brushes, more scrub from the Simpson and a more enjoyable face lathering experience. The Paladin is super luxury, no scrub, incredibly soft tips. Different brushes for different occasions. A tough choice but a good one!

Date:- 03 October 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto 'Avatar' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'SB-C' / Vintage Gillette US Spoiler #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water

SOTD 3 October 2020

Prep :Cold water
Razor: Wogen Tanifuji straight razor
Brush: Leonidam Krypto
Soap: Ariana&Evans NYC
After-shave: Ariana&Evans NYC

Frist Shave with NYC, on the back I saw a sticker that this has a updated Kaizen. To me the ease of lathering has improved significantly, but compared to the previous release of Kaizen the slickness has decreased a bit. I'm not judging yet, but this are my first impressions. Very nice scent by the way

proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Saturday, 10/3:

20201003_093503.jpg

Razor - Razorock Mamba 70
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Green
Brush - Zenith 28mm boar
Soap - Razorock Acqua
A/S - Proraso Blue

Very nice shave. The brush was a secondhand pickup, and seems to already be at least partially broken in. Soft tips, splays well, but it eats the lather a bit. Today's lather was still pretty good, and the scent is addictive. Didn't quite get everything on one difficult spot on my neck, but otherwise very smooth and clean.

C273138B-3104-4A5C-B643-5B6B0634287C.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 3, 2020

Really great shave on this bright, sunny, cool morning in the Philadelphia suburbs. I’m starting to favor this old Civil War era Sheffield straight razor’s edge. The buttery smooth three pass (WTG, ATG, XTG) to “Bridge Over Troubled Waters” was a true pleasure. The new @MrEEMonster Tuxedo Synth is a joy to use. It’s become my #1 head shaving brush, but also is spectacular on my mug! It again generated huge, billowing waves of Nuavia Blu lather, easily enough for three or four shaves. It’s a real soap eater. My two pass (ATG, ATG) dome shave with the French Famex Adjustable OC was every bit as good as my face shave! I feel incredibly refreshed, clean, smooth and velveteen!

RAZOR: Manhattan Cutlery Sheffield 13/16 French Point (Mug), Famex Adjustable Head on ATT Atlas Handle (Dome)
BLADE: Suneko DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Aluminum Monster Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: Panncrema Nuavia Blu
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with PAA Frost Byte Peppermint AS Splash.

SOTD, Saturday, Tabactober 3

Much better shave today with the Gillette Slim Adjustable (7,7,5), Tabac, and a 7am Plus blade. Turned it up to an agressive setting for the first two passes and was rewarded with a very close shave. The alum block gave some feedback in the usual spots, but some TN Dickinson's WH and Tabac A/S calmed it straight away.

Wishing everyone a great weekend and with cool weather returning, the fam and I are heading out to North Georgia for some hiking to some favorite waterfalls. Cheers.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: 7am Hi Platinum Durablade
Brush: Yaqi R1740-S Naples Tuxedo
Pre-Shave: Neutrogena Face Scrub
Lather: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
TN Dickinson's Witch Hazel Astringent
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 3rd, Sat, 2020

Razor:Gillette New LC Canadian Variant- Mfg 1930's, nice mid range razor.
Blade: GSB (2) top tier blade for myself, Sharp & Smooth usually wins for most folks.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- mild scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm - Excellent brush for creating lather with soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red Sandal wood with witch Hazel+ a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Gillette New LC Canadian variant.

OCtober 3rd, Sat, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & Think safe in these times!

IMG_20201003_154855_930.jpg

SOTD

Pre: PAA Ice Tube
Cream: Cella Blue
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R1)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
A/S: Proraso Green
Balm: L'Oreal Birch Sap

Tried a full shave on the R1 plate on the 6S. Absolutely brilliant! Very mild but it done the job no problem, giving me a super comfy BBS shave.
The Cella blue performed like a champ and is a brilliant cream for the price point.
All in all a near perfect shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom