Finish with Honest Amish Premium Beard Oil

Lazy Sunday.jpg

Date:- 27 September 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto Beehive 'Horn' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike’s Natural ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6S-R4 / Gillette Nacet #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Sunday, 9/27:

20200927_111431.jpg

Razor - Merkur 15C
Blade - Feather
Brush - TurnNShave "Citric Swirl" 26mm Silversynth
Cream - WSP Barbershop
A/S - Proraso Blue

Yesterday's shave was, no exaggeration, maybe the best shave I've ever had. I think it was closer than I've ever gotten, no irritation, and my skin was almost BBS feeling AGT, and I never shave AGT. And since it was late in the day, I still had very little stubble this morning. So I went with one of my favorite mild razors, the 15C. Slapped a thrice used Feather in there, and since mild razors extend the life of blades very nicely, I got a super smooth glide. This cream is just terrific; primary and residual glide aplenty, and lathers up wonderfully. Did my pickups with the residual alone. What a great smooth close shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Injector shave, Sept 27th 2020

Razor: PAL injecto matic - Mfg 1952> nice milder razor that can bite when getting a little careless.
Blade: Personna SS PPTFE(6) excellent sharp blade.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- Great scent with excellent lather qualities :001_wub:
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm synthetic- great brush for lathering with soft tips.
Pre shave: wash my face CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of Aloe Vera gel.
Prep:Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender + a dollop of Nivea Balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + some irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17:good shave with my Pal injecto-matic( I rushed and got careless today)

Sunday (injector) Shave.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Razor: Schick E2 Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Simpson's Luxury Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20200926_074742.jpg

Sept. 27, 2020

I used a sample of Champs de Lavande. It might grow on me, but my initial impression wasn't the best. It has sort of a fecal smell to it, which I've experienced with real flowers (although I'm not sure what kind, maybe it was lavender), so I have to give them credit for bringing that to a soap. I was a little groggy this morning, so it didn't agree with me. I'll try it again when I'm feeling better.

SOTD-FS-K_2020-09-27.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 18/44 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Fine Aluminum Slant
Blade: Gillette Blue (7)
ASL: Reuzel

Back with some old friends today resulting in (surprise) an excellent shave! :cornut:

I've enjoyed the Fine Snake Bite chilling fun, but I think that'll be just occasional use for me. I love the (albeit faint) marzipan scent of good ol' Vitos Red, and the apple/lard scent of Reuzel is really nice to finish off with. Of course, different noses will detect different scents to mine. Ain't we a strange bunch? :crazy:

Happy shaves all y'all. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom