What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 21th - September 27th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one nice razor! And yes, attention and focus are key. I have experience sharpening and using tools. So I have not approached the straight edge the way one picks up a Gillette Fusion or other cartridge razor.

2020-09-25

Ikea Bowl ¤ Semogue 2000 ¤ Gillette Tech + Merkur Super
TFS Zagara Gelsomino ¤ Myrsol Agua De Limón ¤ Scuderia Ferrari Black

proxy.php

Is there anything prettier than a blonde boar bloom?

Friday, 9/25:

20200925_105923.jpg

Razor - Wolfman WR2 1.15 hollow
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Brush - WCS Infinity "Cosmic Patina" 26mm finest badger
Soap - Stirling Satsuma
A/S - Stirling Satsuma

What a terrific shave. The GSB certainly seems to have gotten smoother after the first shave with it, almost on par today with the Astra. The brush felt great building the lather, and wow do I love this scent! It's like fizzy orange candy, it just filled the room. And then the splash took it to another level. So good! I'm instantly obsessed with this. I guess I love citrus scents. The resulting shave is super smooth; just a touch less comfortable than yesterday, but still very good in that regard. I'm interested to see if it lasts as long as yesterday's shave, but this one was a knockout.

Saturday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Charcoal Goods OC Level 2
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock Black (D6)
Brush: MS Faux Horn Memphis 24mm 2 band
Bowl: Symmetrical Sheet Metal
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: CRSW Le Chypre Sombre LE
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre

SOTD-FS-B_2020-09-25.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Soap: Fine Snake Bite
Razor: Fine Aluminum Slant
Blade: Gillette Blue (5)
ASL: Fine Snake Bite

Another fine shave! :laugh:

This is beginning to look like an advertising campaign for Fine... but I assure you it isn't. I'm just enjoying their products, with the shiny Fine Slant Razor at the top of my list.

Happy shaves guys! :001_smile

Sept. 25, 2020

Prep: Shower
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
Razor: Timeless .68 SS Scalloped
Blade: Wizamet (3)
Lather: Noble Otter - Thé Noir et Vanille
Post Shave: Brut

Had a nice shave with my one and only wizamet. I can see why people like these blades. In my opinion, this 3rd shave with it was the best so far. I used a sample of NO Thé Noir et Vanille. The scent was ok. I didn't add much water to the lather, but it still felt like it had too much. I scooped a generous amount, so I don't think the problem was not having enough soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom