SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 21th - September 27th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Shower
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Tatra Platinum (4)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Timeless Black
Soap: Stirling Executive Man (6) Finally broke through the bottom of this sample!
A/S: Captains Choice Venture
1479357C-AFAB-49E5-A6BE-FAA27324B6B1.jpeg

SOTD 09/25/2020

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: 1917 Ever-Ready Single Edge
Blade: GEM Single Edge
Brush: West Coast Shaving Lantern Pure Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre-Shave
Lather: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol

Additional Care:

Alum Block
cold water splash
TN Dickinson's Witch Hazel Astringent
English Laundry Notting Hill
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fri shave collage.jpg

Today’s soap is Art of Shaving Sandalwood soap: tallow formula. This soap has been in my rotation for several years now. The brush is a Uomo DaVinci 293 Silvertip. The razor is the Merkur 37C loaded with a Lord SC blade for a second shave. The aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Neutrogena Triple Protect ASB. The fragrance is Yves Saint Laurent.

Fri 15 Island SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Fatip OC Grande
Blade Tatra Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershave
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Nice soap...creamy and slick lather with pleasant scent. Enjoyed creating it with the brush.
Shave with razor paired with blade was really nice. Sharp, smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes without any issues. Very close shave. Good razor and good blade! Rating 9.8/10
20200925_141034.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Slantember, Fri, Sept25th 2020

Razor: Razorock German 37 slant- Mfg 2016> great mid range'
Blade: Personna red (6) excellent blade with my slants, good longevity + sharp +& smooth.
Soap: Italian barber Amici- nice scent & one of my favorites with great lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 24mm syn- excellent for a scrub and is as close to my omega boar brush feel,Soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my RR German 37 slant.

DE SOTD, Fri, Sept 25th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & Think safe in these times.

Today's shave was for contouring my beard above the cheek line. I used the Feather Artist Club shavette with their Proguard blade. And I used Tomb 45 gel, as I needed a clear view of the beard line. I think this gel is a great lubricant and provides me a good view of the line I want to create. The Feather Proguard blade is very smooth and comfortable. The shavette is much easier and more accurate than my Fat Boy or my other DE razors when it comes to creating an exact beard line. This is my first beard and I have had it for a few months. Knock on wood, I have not yet nicked myself with the straight edge.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Nice one! The Feather Artist Club is a superb razor and well worth a sustained period of use to improve technique. It will give a fantastically close shave but will also punish poor technique or lack of attention. Very, very light pressure, a wetter lather than for a DE, and total concentration are key for me. 👍
1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom