Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skin Food
Fragrance
Versace, The Dreamer
Rating
10/10
Comments
A big brush today: The Paladin Chief. An easy lather. Using the Wolfman-Personna Lab combo for the 4th time today. I think that this is my favorite blade in the razor – along with the Med Preps. A perfect early Saturday morning shave. Have a good one, folks.

C40860F4-FD7C-4B80-B4C2-1B7BBC79B5AC.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 25, 2021

After almost a 2 year search, I finally found my Filarmonica in Japan in the condition and price I’d hoped for. It is a second generation 13P Novodur Jose Monserrat Pou. It arrived almost two weeks early, and passed the styrofoam peanut test right out of the box. Unlike even some modern artisan makers, the blade lies flat and true and possesses an almost invisible bevel along the full length of the blade. The mug shave was everything I’d hoped for. Buttery smooth and three passes, although in all honesty, the third pass consisted mostly of just neck buffing. This beautiful razor belted out a full throated “Buttering Toast” refrain throughout the shave leaving your happy narrator porcelain smooth.

After a long absence, I grabbed one of my two metal handled Shake Sharps for my dome shave. The Shake Sharp is just a remarkable shaver, particularly when loaded with two stacked Feather blades. It, like many other of my favorites safety razors, was a child of the late depression and the need to be able to resharpen the thicker carbon steel blades of that era. Unfortunately, for GE Jones, the distributor/designer WWII intervened, and the razor wasn’t released until after hostilities ceased. Resharpening of the newer SS blades was a non-starter, and the brand disappeared in the wake of the strong postwar marketing of Gillette and the American Safety Razor Company. The noggin shave was the usual excellent two pass ATG experience that left yours truly velveteen smooth from the shoulders up.

RAZOR: Filarmonica Novodur 13P (Mug), GE Jones Shake Sharp (Dome)
BLADE: 2 Stacked Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

SOTD : 25th September 2021.

View attachment 1333916

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Blue Shaving Cream.
Blade: WeCut Platinum. ( D1)
Razor: SNMIRN Adjustable. (settings) 4-wtg,8-atg,-6-pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Sensitive ASB./ Milton Lloyd President EdT.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend... triple Maiden shave with the Snmirn razor & the WeCut Platinum blades & Proraso Blue with Aloe & Vitamin E shaving cream.

Everything in my shave set up today besides the shaving brush, bowl & witch hazel mixture was kindly gifted to me by my sister as a show of appreciation for helping her to accomplish various DIY jobs over the last few months.

The Verdict?...I'll start with the Proraso Blue cream which created a nice creamy slick protective lather with only a small amount in a short space of time The residual slickness is excellent leaving a superb post-shave from the addition of the aloe vera and vitamin E making my mature rhino skin feeling soft & moisturized. A very impressive shaving cream which i look forward to using again in my future shaves.

The Snmirn razor (Merkur Futur Clone ) is probably a mk2 version of the Ming Shi 2000s/Qshave. Apparent differences are it feels heavier in weight than the ming shi, the razor head is slightly smaller which is bonus for me, making it feel more comfortable to handle and use....I skipped settings 0.5- 3 as i knew from looking at the blade gap on these settings they would a little too mild for my first pass...Starting with setting no: 4 on the wtg pass was comfortable and mild taking it to the max setting no:8 setting still gave the razor a much more noticeable blade feel & efficiency but still feeling comfortable with no feeling of blade chatter....Finishing the pick ups on setting no:6 gave me a near BBS shave...The lower settings i shall try in future shaves.

The razor has a good balance, the adjustment mechanism works well, and stays on the setting of choice with no movement. The blade alignment is equal on both sides,the top cap is held in position by a series of magnets rather than a press on cap or thread ,which i was doubtful about at first, thinking it was just a gimmick to catch the attention of the consumer, however, the magnets work really well holding the top cap firm with no indication of it movement or coming off during the shave..How long it'll last time will tell, but for now it holds the cap in place with no feeling of trepidation that the blade will dislodge itself whilst shaving.

Like the mingshi 2000s a design feature that i like is the blade ends are covered by the top cap which is a added bonus with no fear of catching when shaving under the nose,and around the ears.

The WeCut Platinum blade paired up well with the Snmirn making an efficient duo....The smoothness of them isn't the best which is what i look for in a blade rather than aggression but, nevertheless it was enough to give me a comfortable acceptable close shave.

To compare it with the ming shi 2000s on the same settings that i used with the Snmirn it feels noticeably less aggressive and smoother...All in all another great addition to my adjustable DE razor collection, which i look forward to getting accustomed to in my future shaves.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable near BBS maiden shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd President EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.[emoji41]

PS: Sorry for the babbling novella, ladies & gentlemen i get carried away with myself sometimes....
It's Saturday morning. What else to do besides drink coffee and peruse your saga?Thank you for your post. [emoji3]

Last edited:
View attachment 1334076
SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 25, 2021

After almost a 2 year search, I finally found my Filarmonica in Japan in the condition and price I’d hoped for. It is a second generation 13P Novodur Jose Monserrat Pou. It arrived almost two weeks early, and passed the styrofoam peanut test right out of the box. Unlike even some modern artisan makers, the blade lies flat and true and possesses an almost invisible bevel along the full length of the blade. The mug shave was everything I’d hoped for. Buttery smooth and three passes, although in all honesty, the third pass consisted mostly of just neck buffing. This beautiful razor belted out a full throated “Buttering Toast” refrain throughout the shave leaving your happy narrator porcelain smooth.

After a long absence, I grabbed one of my two metal handled Shake Sharps for my dome shave. The Shake Sharp is just a remarkable shaver, particularly when loaded with two stacked Feather blades. It, like many other of my favorites safety razors, was a child of the late depression and the need to be able to resharpen the thicker carbon steel blades of that era. Unfortunately, for GE Jones, the distributor/designer WWII intervened, and the razor wasn’t released until after hostilities ceased. Resharpening of the newer SS blades was a non-starter, and the brand disappeared in the wake of the strong postwar marketing of Gillette and the American Safety Razor Company. The noggin shave was the usual excellent two pass ATG experience that left yours truly velveteen smooth from the shoulders up.

RAZOR: Filarmonica Novodur 13P (Mug), GE Jones Shake Sharp (Dome)
BLADE: 2 Stacked Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.
Congratulations! I'm glad for you on your find. It looks good.[emoji106]

Denali/BIC. First outing. This is a very mild razor,. Started at 5 setting (6.5 max), upped to 6. First lather passes results were good but second required. As I usually do with suspended designs I added a shim for additional rigidity and set at the max 6.5 (overclock possible I'm told but I didn't). Care required not to stick my noggin but this worked well. I never change settings on my adjustables so I'm ok with having to max the thing out as long as it works. Will keep the shim for tomorrow's shave.
proxy.php

SOTD, Saturday, September 25, 2021

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Razorock Old Type Open Comb
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
Brush: Yaqi R1740-S Naples Tuxedo
Pre-Shave: Shower
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Renegade Shave Premium Beard Oil
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Creed Aventus
Stirling Aftershave Balm (unscented)
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

SOD Saturday September 25, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: None
Lather: Proraso White (34)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Head WTG:5-XTG:4-XTG:4-ATG:3
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: None
Balm: Proraso White
Have an amazing Day!!

IMG_7607.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Slantemper Sept 25th 2021

Razor: Razorock German 37 slant- Mfg 2016> Excellent slant razor, some blade overhang, some minor adjusting of blade.
Blade: Polsilver SI (3) Great blade Sharp & smooth with good longevity, I like to cork this blade on 1st shave(iridium is a hard coating), enjoyable blade.
Soap: Razorock XXX- nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 22 mm Cola synthetic, excellent lather generator, precision lather applier, soft cloud like tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturiser balm( excellent + scentless)
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my RR German 37 slant + a Polsilver SI blade.
SOTD,  Sep 25th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

9/24/21
Chiseled Face Midnight Stag
Vie-Long 13052
FaTip Grande
Personna Red (9)
Omega Alum Stick
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Haslinger Sandalwood Balm
Banana Republic Cordovan
SOTD9-24-21.jpg