Brush: Fuller, TGN 24mm silvertip
Soap: Proraso white

IMG_6163.JPG

S.O.T.D - Friday, September 24, 2021
Pre-shave:- PAA Ice-Tube 2.0
Bowl/Scuttle:- Roger Quintero 3D Printed
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis 24mm
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Piacenza
Razor/Blade:- Schick Adjustable / Personna 74 (12)
Post:- Shave Nation Wide Alum / Thayers Cucumber WH / Stirling Balm / Clubman Body Powder
After-shave:- Stirling Piacenza​
20210924_131558.jpg

SOTD-L-K_2021-09-24.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget 20/48 (41)
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT
Blade: Personna Red (16)
ASL: La Rive Cabana

A good shave. :biggrin:
I do believe my Mighty Midget has lost its scritch! :punk:

I'd persevered with it up to 40 shaves... and gave it up as a bad job. That was over four months ago. For some unknown reason I wanted to use it today, and I'm really pleased I did (it's still the same little lather monster but with good scrub replacing the dreaded scritch). 40 shaves must have been the tipping point.

My first outing with La Rive Cabana ASL was good, and still is (two hours later). I got it a while back, tested it on my wrist pulse point, and wasn't keen on it. Pre-shave I gave it another sniff, liked it and decided to try it out. I'm glad I did.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Saturday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Supply Provision The Single Edge
Blade: Schick (D6)
Brush: Thater 4125/2 2-band
Bowl: Wedgwood China Pedestal Bowl 4 ½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Oil: AOS Lavender
Shave Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Balm: Organic Shea Butter Lavender
Aftershave: Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender

Razor: RG ShaveDesigns "Revolution" handle/Yaqi DOC Head
Blade: Nacet
Brush: WildWestBrushWorks 26mm Timberwolf
Preshave: Cremo bourbon vanilla
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Granuaile
Fragrance: Creed Royal Water roll on fragrance oil (from etsy)

Anice smooth aquatic themed shave the little oil fragrance is very nice was a blind cheapy buy but the scent is great I might pick up some real creed royal water soon

Sept Stirling Slant Sat 25 SOTD
Soap Stirling Mountain Man
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14
Razor Yaqi Slant
Blade JAWS Platinum 2nd + Double Shim
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Reuzel Wood & Spice + Stirling Frost Drops
Nice pleasant scent from the soap. The lather is nicely creamy and slick too.
A very nice, smooth, and comfortable shave with this slant paired with the blade plus 2 shims. Blade chatter is further reduced resulting in enjoyable 3passes without any issues for a bbs finish. Aftershaves were very good too.
20210925_100556.jpg

SOTD : 25th September 2021.

13.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Blue Shaving Cream.
Blade: WeCut Platinum. ( D1)
Razor: SNMIRN Adjustable. (settings) 4-wtg,8-atg,-6-pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Sensitive ASB./ Milton Lloyd President EdT.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend... triple Maiden shave with the Snmirn razor & the WeCut Platinum blades & Proraso Blue with Aloe & Vitamin E shaving cream.

Everything in my shave set up today besides the shaving brush, bowl & witch hazel mixture was kindly gifted to me by my sister as a show of appreciation for helping her to accomplish various DIY jobs over the last few months.

The Verdict?...I'll start with the Proraso Blue cream which created a nice creamy slick protective lather with only a small amount in a short space of time The residual slickness is excellent leaving a superb post-shave from the addition of the aloe vera and vitamin E making my mature rhino skin feeling soft & moisturized. A very impressive shaving cream which i look forward to using again in my future shaves.

The Snmirn razor (Merkur Futur Clone ) is probably a mk2 version of the Ming Shi 2000s/Qshave. Apparent differences are it feels heavier in weight than the ming shi, the razor head is slightly smaller which is bonus for me, making it feel more comfortable to handle and use....I skipped settings 0.5- 3 as i knew from looking at the blade gap on these settings they would a little too mild for my first pass...Starting with setting no: 4 on the wtg pass was comfortable and mild taking it to the max setting no:8 setting still gave the razor a much more noticeable blade feel & efficiency but still feeling comfortable with no feeling of blade chatter....Finishing the pick ups on setting no:6 gave me a near BBS shave...The lower settings i shall try in future shaves.

The razor has a good balance, the adjustment mechanism works well, and stays on the setting of choice with no movement. The blade alignment is equal on both sides,the top cap is held in position by a series of magnets rather than a press on cap or thread ,which i was doubtful about at first, thinking it was just a gimmick to catch the attention of the consumer, however, the magnets work really well holding the top cap firm with no indication of it movement or coming off during the shave..How long it'll last time will tell, but for now it holds the cap in place with no feeling of trepidation that the blade will dislodge itself whilst shaving.

Like the mingshi 2000s a design feature that i like is the blade ends are covered by the top cap which is a added bonus with no fear of catching when shaving under the nose,and around the ears.

The WeCut Platinum blade paired up well with the Snmirn making an efficient duo....The smoothness of them isn't the best which is what i look for in a blade rather than aggression but, nevertheless it was enough to give me a comfortable acceptable close shave.

To compare it with the ming shi 2000s on the same settings that i used with the Snmirn it feels noticeably less aggressive and smoother...All in all another great addition to my adjustable DE razor collection, which i look forward to getting accustomed to in my future shaves.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable near BBS maiden shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd President EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.😎

PS: Sorry for the babbling novella, ladies & gentlemen i get carried away with myself sometimes....

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

SOTD : 25th September 2021.

View attachment 1333916

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Blue Shaving Cream.
Blade: WeCut Platinum. ( D1)
Razor: SNMIRN Adjustable. (settings) 4-wtg,8-atg,-6-pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Sensitive ASB./ Milton Lloyd President EdT.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend... triple Maiden shave with the Snmirn razor & the WeCut Platinum blades & Proraso Blue with Aloe & Vitamin E shaving cream.

Everything in my shave set up today besides the shaving brush, bowl & witch hazel mixture was kindly gifted to me by my sister as a show of appreciation for helping her to accomplish various DIY jobs over the last few months.

The Verdict?...I'll start with the Proraso Blue cream which created a nice creamy slick protective lather with only a small amount in a short space of time The residual slickness is excellent leaving a superb post-shave from the addition of the aloe vera and vitamin E making my mature rhino skin feeling soft & moisturized. A very impressive shaving cream which i look forward to using again in my future shaves.

The Snmirn razor (Merkur Futur Clone ) is probably a mk2 version of the Ming Shi 2000s/Qshave. Apparent differences are it feels heavier in weight than the ming shi, the razor head is slightly smaller which is bonus for me, making it feel more comfortable to handle and use....I skipped settings 0.5- 3 as i knew from looking at the blade gap on these settings they would a little too mild for my first pass...Starting with setting no: 4 on the wtg pass was comfortable and mild taking it to the max setting no:8 setting still gave the razor a much more noticeable blade feel & efficiency but still feeling comfortable with no feeling of blade chatter....Finishing the pick ups on setting no:6 gave me a near BBS shave...The lower settings i shall try in future shaves.

The razor has a good balance, the adjustment mechanism works well, and stays on the setting of choice with no movement. The blade alignment is equal on both sides,the top cap is held in position by a series of magnets rather than a press on cap or thread ,which i was doubtful about at first, thinking it was just a gimmick to catch the attention of the consumer, however, the magnets work really well holding the top cap firm with no indication of it movement or coming off during the shave..How long it'll last time will tell, but for now it holds the cap in place with no feeling of trepidation that the blade will dislodge itself whilst shaving.

Like the mingshi 2000s a design feature that i like is the blade ends are covered by the top cap which is a added bonus with no fear of catching when shaving under the nose,and around the ears.

The WeCut Platinum blade paired up well with the Snmirn making an efficient duo....The smoothness of them isn't the best which is what i look for in a blade rather than aggression but, nevertheless it was enough to give me a comfortable acceptable close shave.

To compare it with the ming shi 2000s on the same settings that i used with the Snmirn it feels noticeably less aggressive and smoother...All in all another great addition to my adjustable DE razor collection, which i look forward to getting accustomed to in my future shaves.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable near BBS maiden shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd President EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.😎

PS: Sorry for the babbling novella, ladies & gentlemen i get carried away with myself sometimes....
I detected no babbling. Just a thoughtful and informative review of an interesting razor.

View attachment 1332375SOTD #237/2021
22-09-2021

>> STIRLING SOAPTEMBER<<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Frozen Tundra
Razor: Karve CB Stainless Steel SB-F
Blade: vintage Polsilver Stainless (10)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Pitralon Classic AS, Nivea Sensitive asb.

Two passes, dfs. My 10th shave with blade no. 4 was a rather mediocre one, since I experienced some tugging atg and ended up with a tad of irritation on my neck. I was in a rush this morning, so maybe I did not treat the lather well enough to provide perfect cushion and glide. Or blade no. 4 is fading. Maybe a combination of both. Onward to shave no. 11, though.

Happy shaves, y'all!
Soon I will have a Karve F - OC razor from a friend from the Polish forum for testing. I am very curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom