What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 20th - September 26th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
24-9-2021

Agua y jabón :: Martin de Candre :: Simpson, TSN LE :: Gibbs 16, Astra :: Myrsol, Agua balsámica

proxy.php

Salut!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

20210923_084837-01.jpeg
SOTD #237/2021
24-09-2021

>> STIRLING SOAPTEMBER<<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2-band finest badger butterscotch
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Tuscany
Razor: Mühle Rocca R94
Blade: vintage Polsilver Stainless (11)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Nivea Cool Sensitive asb.

Happy shaves, y'all!

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Coates Sandalwood Cream
Brush
Paladin PK 47
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman SS SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
A different brush today: Paladin PK 47. This was the first Paladin that I won during the Sue Auction. The brush did an easy job of making lather with the Coates cream. A perfect BBS shave. Have a good weekend, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, September 24th 2021

Razor: TARMAX adjustable DE by Tom White, @twhite, Mfg 2021, excellent results, smooth shave even on high settings. Maybe the way blade seats flat and just perfect design gives the stellar shave?
I won this interesting razor on a fund raiser Raffle (1of 4 made, proto type), Lucky Ron won a grail razor possibly. It does have small quirks but that are manageable.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP (3), Sharp & smooth with great longevity. My standard blade for testing other blades and shaving razors.
Soap: Speick shave stick, amazing spicy scent and excellent lather qualities, very nice soap and better than Tabac scent wise IMO.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Moka Express, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ach Brito Lavada with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm(excellent + scentless).
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with the TARMAX DE adj by Tom with a Astra SP.
SOTD,  Sep 24th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Mikron mk2 v 1980s Progress, Treet Falcon, 4 setting. Mikron has less blade feel, a narrower sweet spot, and much less audible feedback than the Progress. However in my experience that milder feel does not compromise its efficiency, just means a bit more focus is required. That's no problem for me, thus the smoother Mikron still wins on points for me.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

SOD Friday September 24, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Proraso Red (44)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Head WTG:5-XTG:4-XTG:4-ATG:3
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Red Dopobarba
Balm: None
Have a great day!!

IMG_7600.jpg

Razor: Edwin Jagger 3ONE6, Knurled
Blade: Dorco ST-300 Platinum(1)
Brush: Zenith 507 Boar, 27.5 first use
Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic

Lather: B&M Latha Shaving Soap

B&M Latha, Le Petit Chypre Post-Shave Splash

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Razor: GEM PushButton (Gold) 1958 - 1965
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (12)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Pre-Shave: Proraso Sensitive Skin
Lather: Proraso White (Sensitive Skin)
Aftershave: Fine - American Blend
EDP: Dolce & Gabbana “The One”

C03DC454-DB94-4591-8902-3C2389348B14.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
The Dirty (Clean as a Baby Bottom) Dozen
Yikes! Twelve wonderful shaves on this blade and still feeling smooth. That’s pretty darn good. The GEM Push Button seemed to like it also. Now I’m in a dilemma, should I keep going, or bin the blade while I’m still ahead?
I stopped using pre-shaves a while back, but since I had the matching soap I figured “what the heck”, it can’t hurt. I bowl lathered the Proraso White today and think I may have created a lather that was perfectly up to factory specs. It was really quite good.
I don’t use my boar brushes that frequently, but this Semogue 1305 seems to be the one I instinctively grab the most. Great all around brush.
A little spritz of Dolce & Gabbana’s “The One”, and I’m off to the Apple store to see if I can pick up some chicks at the Genius Bar.

0F0B9F96-C0C0-4EB3-A917-BBD67E73F85B.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 24, 2021

As some of you who’ve been reading these posts may remember, I’ve developed a bit of a passion for little Swedish 4/8 razors. The Klas Tornblom keyed me into what effective shavers they can be, and a bit of education from a Swedish shave brother at TSD further enabled me. I now own a Tornblom, a Neistrom (currently restoring), a JA Hellberg and this beautiful little CV Heljestrand Mk 29. All are 4/8 except the Hellberg which is 5/8.

The Texas shave brother who sold this little Heljestrand to me honed it on his jnat progression. It easily passed the styrofoam peanut test upon arrival, which believe it or not has not always been the case with “shave ready” advertised razors, at least for me. The little Hellberg passed as well, but the Neistrom didn’t. I guess “shave ready” in Poland has a different meaning or the seller has a very light beard. Just like my Tornblom, the little Heljestrand cleared away the stubble in two passes instead of my usual three leaving me smooth as my great granddaughter’s butt!

The noggin shave featured my 1930s era Ronson safety razor. I had a number of friends who owned these razors, but never shaved with them, thinking that the proprietary original blades were too scarce, and when located, too rough a shave. A friend on one of the FB sites I belong to showed me how to adapt an injector blade and the rest has been a series of awesome dome shaves. DE blades are usable with a modification similar to that for the Gibbs Adjustable, but I prefer injector blades despite the fiddly setup. Two ATG passes and yours truly was velveteen smooth from the shoulders up.

RAZOR: CV Heljestrand Mk 29 4/8 (Mug), Ronson Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Schick B-20 Proline Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
View attachment 1333580
SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 24, 2021

As some of you who’ve been reading these posts may remember, I’ve developed a bit of a passion for little Swedish 4/8 razors. The Klas Tornblom keyed me into what effective shavers they can be, and a bit of education from a Swedish shave brother at TSD further enabled me. I now own a Tornblom, a Neistrom (currently restoring), a JA Hellberg and this beautiful little CV Heljestrand Mk 29. All are 4/8 except the Hellberg which is 5/8.

The Texas shave brother who sold this little Heljestrand to me honed it on his jnat progression. It easily passed the styrofoam peanut test upon arrival, which believe it or not has not always been the case with “shave ready” advertised razors, at least for me. The little Hellberg passed as well, but the Neistrom didn’t. I guess “shave ready” in Poland has a different meaning or the seller has a very light beard. Just like my Tornblom, the little Heljestrand cleared away the stubble in two passes instead of my usual three leaving me smooth as my great granddaughter’s butt!

The noggin shave featured my 1930s era Ronson safety razor. I had a number of friends who owned these razors, but never shaved with them, thinking that the proprietary original blades were too scarce, and when located, too rough a shave. A friend on one of the FB sites I belong to showed me how to adapt an injector blade and the rest has been a series of awesome dome shaves. DE blades are usable with a modification similar to that for the Gibbs Adjustable, but I prefer injector blades despite the fiddly setup. Two ATG passes and yours truly was velveteen smooth from the shoulders up.

RAZOR: CV Heljestrand Mk 29 4/8 (Mug), Ronson Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Schick B-20 Proline Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.
Another great narrative. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom