Soap: King Bee Minty Lumberjack
Razor: Alpha Outlaw
Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

SOTD - Thursday 23 September 2021

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Solid Bar - 0.38mm - TRH6 - Bronze
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere Black - 24mm Fan (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Soap: Oleo Soapworks - Shiloh
  • Fragrance: Acqua di Parma - Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria - La Spugnatura - EdT (100 ml)

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD-L-G_2021-09-22.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega S10065 24/56
Cream: La Toja Classic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT
Blade: Personna Red (14)
ASL: Clubman Whiskey Woods

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

I had to take up (@Raven Koenes) Rave's challenge and shave with my nearly forgotten S-Brush and a tubed cream. Well, I squeezed an inch of La Toja Classic onto my damp S-Brush and started face lathering (adding mini dips of water as required). Rave was complaining about S-Brushes being lather hogs.

As soon as I noticed diminishing lather from the brush, I simply gave the base of the knot a squeeze. With just that single squeeze I had sufficient lather for the rest of the shave AND a good bit spare (to clean the drains with :lol1:).

I still really like my S-Brush. If they came in smaller sizes (20mm or less) the finger would be pressing that buy-it-now button pronto.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
Well, bring science into it then. :lol1:

Razor: Maggard SB Slant on a WCS BR 47 Handle
Blade: Israeli Personna (3)
Brush: Vie-Long 13755 Horse, 21mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic

Lather: Captain's Choice Venture Shaving Cream

Veleiro After Shave Splash

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Lavender
Brush
Omega Evo 28 mm Syn.
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman SS SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
9/10
Comments
Second us of the Omega Evo 28 mm syn brush. I am favorably impressed with the brush. Soft with a nice backbone. The Wolfman is using the Personna blade for the second shave. A nice, BBS shave although I did have two small weepers on my neck. I had some arthritic pains in my hands and I am sure that caused the shaver error. A decent shave, nevertheless. Have a good one, B&Bers.

185CB47F-9EFF-4F21-A779-DC43B92A3A90.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 23, 2021

Before beginning, I’d like to say that my constroption has dramatically lengthened the time between touch ups, and turned me into a real fan of pasted strops. Stropping with leather definitely provides keenness to an edge, but the use of a series of graduated pasted strops [from 0.5 microns, o.25 microns, 0.1 microns, to 0.05 microns] not only imparts ‘keenness’, but I would go so far as to say also a level of resharpening. I say this based on a number of styrofoam peanut tests (SPT).

When I reset a bevel and take a razor through the stones to the finishing process, I continue until it passes the styrofoam peanut test all along the edge. I have recently noticed after having a few razors begin to dull, tug, and fail the SPT, that instead of returning to the stones for a touch up, could instead run it through the constroption and my roo-skin bench strop. The first time I did this the razor easily passed the SPT. I’m sure I’ll eventually need to return to the stones, but at this point with three more razors on, I’m content to avoid additional hone wear.

The shave on this rainy morning featured the Solingen-bladed Witte Copperhead 6/8 that dates to the thirties. I really enjoy shaving with this razor that arrived with a yellowed note stating, “Honed by Henerey 1939”. I rebuilt the bevel and rehoned the razor over a year an a half ago, and have been successfully maintaining the edge with the constroption. Just 10 strokes on each of the four sides, and I’m good to go. Another lovely three pass shave followed by a pass through the constroption, and the baby was put to bed.

My noggin shave featured my sadly neglected Ever Ready Streamline, with a fresh PTFE Pella Gem blade. I really like the Art Deco case and razor design. The knurling on the handle provides a very secure grip. The two pass ATG shave this morning felt really good. The razor seemed to glide silently through the yogurty MWF lather carpet. Despite the removal of one bump at the back of the dome, easily managed with Proraso styptic gel, the overall shave was a delight. I feel clean, cool and dolphin smooth.

RAZOR: Witte Copperhead 6/8 (Mug), Ever Ready Streamline (Dome)
BLADE: Pella PTFE Gem
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Aluminum Handle SynBad Knot #005
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Slantemper 23rd 2021

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant, Mfg 2017> excellent upper mid range, light touch technique, well built with 316 stainless + very close tolerances.
Blade: Polsilver SI (2) great blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity. I always cork this blade on first shave because Iridium coating is harder than most coatings available.
Soap: Razorock XXX, nice clean powdery scent with excellent lather qualities with tallow added.
Brush: Yaqi Red Zebra 26 mm synthetic :001_wub: excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub luxury feel + excellent lather painter!
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea Moisturizer balm(very good+ scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant with a Polsilver SI blade.

SOTD,  Sep 23rd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom